IGNORED

:..FALLING LEAF RALLY - Potosi, MO..:

hANNAbONE

???? I don't know why they changed the Rally date to the first weekend in October, last year it was held on the second weekend in October and we had a great time.????

uHHHHH....maybe I missed your point here Paul - but the Rally Falling Leaf style IS the 2nd weekend of OCT..10-12th and last year it was the 2nd weekend too I believe..

Fact is, you cannot come and I am bummed.!

I think he misspoke. I think what they changed is the Marathon date?

Will miss him.

pAUL...why don't you just run the marathon down to Potosi, or better yet - RIDE down and do a marathon once there...how 'bout that../??

:)

Paul_Burkett

What, me run? No way man, I walk fast but I don't run. I'll just have to fore go this rally and ride the wild streets of Chicago.

Camping gear does pack nicely on a GT too!! And we still have room for clothing! I'm getting kind of excited this is going to be fun! :clap:

Camping gear does pack nicely on a GT too!! And we still have room for clothing! I'm getting kind of excited this is going to be fun! :clap:

Woo Hoo

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 78.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 80.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 81.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 65.

Columbus Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

Cool we should be there on Thursday night. We will have a couple of friends from the local group coming with us! :clap: :clap: I'm so excited, I have my camera ready hope to get really pretty pictures!

Paul_Burkett

Thanks a lot Bud, cut me deep and then rub some salt on the wound. I am missing this week end with all of you and it is killing me to know thst those pristine roads are going to be freshly paved, banked and sticky. What more could a hot tire and a hard leaner ask for? So you go there and run those roads and eat and drink with all of those great BMWST people, and raise one for me, I will truely be missing you all.

ok we saw the anvil shoot! Not sure that would go over to good in la.

Sorry I missed it. I went to get a map at breakfast, then got stopped by the new MOA treasurer and when I got back, you were done eating and gone. Then I tried to find you to say goodbye and you were still gone. Glad you enjoyed the blast. Did you get to find some good riding roads?

Did you ever find hANNAh bONe? He pitched his tent on Friday night and I didn't ever see him again????

Said hello to Sir Rodney before that group from I O Wah disappeared for good.

Hope Jean's bike is waiting for her when you all get home.

Yep, that is me, GONE! We gave away our second ticket for pancakes, (can you say HUGE) then couldn't find you so filtered outside.

Did meet Hanabone again, busy bunch also.

We did the observation run, well sorta.

That F650GS was a standard suspension and standard seat, fit me like a glove and I would traded my Versys for it on the spot, only I didn't have my Versys, heh heh. Jean wanted to ride it so bad, she asked the guy if he would let her take off on it while we held it up and then met her someplace to catch it. He looks at her and goes, "I don't think so".

She even tried to sit on it and lift it but of course without a milkcrate that wasn't going to happen.

10 hr trip home, all (new to me) backroads. Some pretty good twistys leaving MO.

It was a fun rally if we get to come again next year you are going to camp near us so we can keep better tabs on each other! I saw you lay the map on our bike and then take off, I thought maybe I stunk?? I had just bathed earlier! :/

Camping was fun, but I'm going to try the quiet area next year! This year was a learning processes for sure.

hEY aLL...hANNAbONE was there - but really really wasn't there. See - after I saw Bud (within the first 20 minutes of landing and setting up my tent) we ran into John Boo's (yup that's his name) to have our first beers and chicken wings (to die for). Got back around 8:00 and did the campfire thing and that's when things went south for me.

It seems I had contracted a ":bug:" of some sorts...call it a bug that likes to try to "...buy a BUICK in EUROPE..." almost yakked right in my tent at 1:50am Sat morning...not a good seen at all. Had hardly eaten and really didn't have any brew to speak of (* you KNOW I was not feelin' well*)...

Well - I wasn't right and my riding chum Dave Funk had some fugly nasel virus coming on him for the last 2 days - hec, we didn't even ride Sat. at all.

I barely ate and kept drinking water - did the nap thang all day Sat...in the +80 heat in my tent. Sweatin' it out has a whole new meaning.

Sat. eve saw the anvil shoot and went to eat with around 20 chums and they're all pounding wings and steaks as big as yo' head -- I had a small salad and called it a night. Not getting any sleep the previous (Fri) night I headed for my now cooler tent and put earplugs in and my very hip battery powered CPAP and I was out like a light at 8:00 pm.

Slept thru the night (finally) without fanfare until my battery ran out of juice around 5:00am and started packing. On the road by 7:00 am after gas and home by 4:45 with a plenty o' stops.

As much as I pointed to this Rally - it kinda blew up in my face - (or outta my face depending on where you were standing) - I did have a great ride into Potosi...it was the only real riding I had.

Good to see you Hanson's and Bud and other folks. Wish i coulda been more myself - but I was truly in survival mode....sucky as it was.

Aw well - next time.

WOW, John, that really is a bummer. To have waited that long and gone so far and not be able to participate, wow. Hope you are feeling better today. I sure missed being there with all of you, the weather was great all over the place this past weekend, and I know the roads are great in MO., soooo, next year. :/

That sounded pretty bad! The last day we were there we saw some awesome places to visit on the next trip. We didn't know where to camp when we got there so we kind felt like we were on an island. A very small island with very loud people! Next time I hope to have my own bike and we may take a couple of days to get there and view some great roads in Arkansas on the trip!

David test drove my possible future bike while all I got to do is drool......... So many people test drove it I couldn't even get a picture of it during the daylight! And I have got to say RED IS AWESOME!!! :clap:

hANNAbONE,

Man, that is really a bummer. Now I'm glad I didn't get any closer to you! :grin:

Sorry to hear you had so much tent time and so little riding time. Now I understand why we didn't get to see more of you.

Glad to hear you were able to ride home.

Next year, same time, same place, more better fun (and we will get the Hanson's to camp closer to us).

Yeeha! Stephen
almost yakked right in my tent at 1:50am Sat morning... Well - I wasn't right...

Wow, I didn't know you would miss me that bad! ;)

Maybe next year...

sTEPHEN...you wouldn't of wanted to be anywhere near me late Friday thru lat Saturday - whoa baby - nasty.....

next year tho' I'll make up for it.!

sTEPHEN...you wouldn't of wanted to be anywhere near me late Friday thru lat Saturday - whoa baby - nasty.....

next year tho' I'll make up for it.!

Do tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived