IGNORED

:..FALLING LEAF RALLY - Potosi, MO..:

hANNAbONE

I am still open for that weekend and right now, the BRR and F-L events are on my radar. I can't make a commitment until the week of the event, but I am itching for a road trip before winter shuts down options outside of TX. The BRR is a slab ride all the way in order to get there in one day. The F-L is mostly backroads, but will still take all day to get there.

Whip mentioned Big Bend, but I haven't heard much about that one, so I'm not sure if it is a go. I'd like to participate in that one too.

It is nice to have all these choices. :grin:

This does sound interesting! Do you think they would mind if we rode something other than a BMW. I mean we could ride the beemer but I would like to ride my bike! Are you guys going to camp if you go? :wave:

Oh yes I don't leave home with out him. But it sounded like there might be a chance of some off road riding and his versys is great for that. I can double with him once we get there. I was thinking about the BRR but this is close enough to ride my bike to and we can pack the camping gear a lot better on the kawasaki's with out scratching the paint! :wave:

Unless something comes up work wise, I'll have to ride down and meet some of my new Midwestern neighbors.

It'll be nice to be shown some rides around the area.

Hope to meet you all soon!

Joe

Is this a BYOB event?

sTEVE, my man..if you show up - I'll buy ya all the beer ya want...! lIMEcREEK - same for you..! And bring wHIPdON too.!

Sadly... my cousin's wedding is in Michigan that weekend.

My wife and I really enjoyed the rally last year. Maybe next year.

Paul_Burkett

I plan to be there. It is a good time as long as you bring a warm sleeping bag, it got down to 19° two years ago and I was glad that I took my jammies.

Is this a BYOB event?

sTEVE, my man..if you show up - I'll buy ya all the beer ya want...! lIMEcREEK - same for you..! And bring wHIPdON too.!

What am I? Just an empty beer can????????

Is this a BYOB event?

nOPE - but if Lime shows - you WILL have to buy the candy bars...I'll get the sixpack'o'"bud"

Yeeha! Stephen
Is this a BYOB event?

I'm sure you're a Full Beer can...

But we'z Texicans and other travelers tremble at the sound of approach and the mention of our name.

Well... ain't we supposed to brag like that? :thumbsup:

Yeeha! Stephen
Is this a BYOB event?

No promises mind you, but was I to show up at this Shin-dig, how/where would I find Bone-Daddy's camp so's I could park my a** and collect on this offer?

You got a favorite spot?

Is this a BYOB event?

No promises mind you, but was I to show up at this Shin-dig, how/where would I find Bone-Daddy's camp so's I could park my a** and collect on this offer?

You got a favorite spot?

"bONE-dADDY" will be up on the north hill - right where the shelter is....simply listen and head to the loudest group - dat's us..!

When you pull into the grounds you can go to the left or to the right....go right and head up the hill...easily found.

Hope the weather is good and we all make it there....it's is the best rally.!

This does sound interesting! Do you think they would mind if we rode something other than a BMW. I mean we could ride the beemer but I would like to ride my bike! Are you guys going to camp if you go? :wave:

All bikes welcome, does not matter what you ride, just that you ride. Most camp at the Falling Leaf Rally (part of the fun) though the Super 8 (573-438-8888) will be booked a couple months in advanced.

BTW - I really like the new Ninja 250, the design is very cool.

Thank you very much I have been taking a lot of short trips on it to get everything perfect for a long outing! Plus I needed the practice. May make the trip even if we do ride the BMW sounds like a lot of fun. Will probably camp if we come tho. We have the gear we need to use it!! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much I have been taking a lot of short trips on it to get everything perfect for a long outing! Plus I needed the practice. May make the trip even if we do ride the BMW sounds like a lot of fun. Will probably camp if we come tho. We have the gear we need to use it!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you again.

• 2 weeks later...

jUST gOT the weather report for Potosi, MO on Oct 9th - 12th....

Sunny highs in the low 70's - lows in the mid-20's :)

Well looks like we are going to be riding with a couple of guys from our BMW group so I think we are going to be bringing the BMW but we are still going to camp. Looking forward to the trip heard there is going to be some real fun! :clap:

jUST nOW receiving my Big Agnes camping gear - I will be lashed down and ready for good weather and an eventful romp to southeast MO.

Hey John i just looked up the info from your first post, they have camping and in the section "who can come" they never mentioned you as persona no grata ... :D so are you going????

how about you go for a few of us, i know you'd do us proud.. :clap:

haven't heard from you for a while, how goes the battle?

on another note; temp is dropping up here, we are getting down to freezing now in the mornings so commuting season is almost over... i don't ride well on frosty roads, even straight ones

Hey John i just looked up the info from your first post, they have camping and in the section "who can come" they never mentioned you as persona no grata ... :D so are you going????

i pLAN on going...last year was thee absolute best ever..! This year (*if the weather holds*) we'll be heading straight south to sIRrODNEY'S first - stay the night - then roll over on early Friday

how about you go for a few of us, i know you'd do us proud.. :clap:

cAN dO..!

haven't heard from you for a while, how goes the battle?

tHINGS are going just fine - school year just ramping up - so I'm busy.!

on another note; temp is dropping up here, we are getting down to freezing now in the mornings so commuting season is almost over... i don't ride well on frosty roads, even straight ones

yOU aRE very smart - watch dem roads, sonnyboy.! Good to have you ring in...it's been too long, brutha.!

there are a number of these rallies which look like they'd be a great time, if one had the time to get there (in a relaxed mode), but it could well end up not making it back home because of snow and such...

i was hoping to do the run down to Torrey but just can't convince myself for just 1 day at Torrey

Well I doubt my new bike will get here before October but if it does I'm going to ride it to Missouri for sure. :/

Why wait for a new bike?

hAVE tHAT bike delivered to Potosi, MO and it'll be there when you get there..! Now - dat's service.!

I plan to be there. It is a good time as long as you bring a warm sleeping bag, it got down to 19° two years ago and I was glad that I took my jammies.

Paul,

Are you still planning on being there? I'm gonna camp. Hope to see you.

jASON..think north up by the shelter..dat's where it's " happenin' "

come into the grounds and bear right (north)

we'll all be there.!

jUST nOW receiving my Big Agnes camping gear - I will be lashed down and ready for good weather and an eventful romp to southeast MO.

My Big Agnes sleeping bag and pad is one of the best camping purchases I have made. Temps in the 20's, no problem, just as long as the day is sunny and 70+

My Big Agnes is rated to 15° but I may bring another bag as well that packs down to the size of a football, and although it is rated to 45°, used inside or outside of the Agnes bag it should keep me warm down to 5°. Only time will tell as to what is the right gear to bring, it might only get down into the 40'S at night. Who knows?

aLL i know is that I'm thinkn' of Big Jonh Boo's delicious chicken wings and buckets of beer....man that was an awesome time last year.! I hope we can replicate it.!

See you guys there!

I'm thinking about riding down to see a guy I know in oplar Bluff 105 miles to the south. (Fellow Diesel guy) Too bad the TDI CLub(VW diesels) get together at his place is the NEXT weekend. Always about 60 people at his place.

I just got an e-mail from the Chicago moto-crew organizer and since the Chicago Marathon is on the 12th, I can not make the Rally. :cry:

I have worked the Marathon for the past three years and it is a lot of fun, also, I get to ride within 10 feet of the lead male runners for most of the race. So set your recorders for the Marathon and when you see a 2002 RT, that will probably be me. Have a great time at the rally.

I just got an e-mail from the Chicago moto-crew organizer and since the Chicago Marathon is on the 12th, I can not make the Rally. :cry:

I have worked the Marathon for the past three years and it is a lot of fun, also, I get to ride within 10 feet of the lead male runners for most of the race. So set your recorders for the Marathon and when you see a 2002 RT, that will probably be me. Have a great time at the rally.

Paul,

Sorry to hear you will not be there.

Have a great time at the Marathon.

Well rats, I was looking forward to seeing you again! We have done triathlon duty here locally. We have Cedar Strip Kayaks, and canoes so we are the swimming support. My boss and really good friend is usually competing in the event also. Oh well see you another time! :thumbsup:

mAYBE pAUL could come stay and go back before the start time on the 12th...hmmm // huh...eh - whatcha think??

Paul_Burkett

Well, there is a meeting on the 11Th at 1:30 pm and we have to be down town at 06:00 on the 12Th. I truly wish that I could go to the Rally, but for all of the fun we will be having, and the $150.00 pay for riding next to the fastest marathoners in the world,it is just too hard to pass up. I don't know why they changed the Rally date to the first weekend in October, last year it was held on the second weekend in October and we had a great time. Oh well, as they say at Wrigley Field, "Next Year".

???? I don't know why they changed the Rally date to the first weekend in October, last year it was held on the second weekend in October and we had a great time.????

uHHHHH....maybe I missed your point here Paul - but the Rally Falling Leaf style IS the 2nd weekend of OCT..10-12th and last year it was the 2nd weekend too I believe..

Fact is, you cannot come and I am bummed.!

Archived