IGNORED

Back in the fold.

swmckinley

Well after 3 months absence from the BMW brand bike (2004 RT) and two other no BMW motos I am glad to say that I am back in the BMW fold. I now own a K1200 GT, green. My dealer, Lone Star BMW, Austin, Texas threw me the keys to the GT on Saturday morning and said see you on Tuesday. I rode 500 miles just to make sure I would like it in just about every situation from stop and go traffic on the freeway to the twisties in the hill country. I had temps from 100's and sunny to the 70's and raining hard. I really like this bike. I cannot belive the liquid power delivery and the the effortless shifting. The RT ( I have had two RT's and an GS Adventure) is/was work at shifting and keeping the RPM's in the powerband, the K bike, well it is a dream to ride and where the the R bike would be lugging the K bike just powers out. I am excited about riding again, and look foward to many road trips.

ericfoerster

Awesome news Steve. Glad to see you back in action on the K bike. I bet I know someone who will be glad you have your own K bike now grin.gif

Some pictures would be real nice thumbsup.gif

"I am excited about riding again, and look foward to many road trips. "

Oh... I SOOOOooooo understand that! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

Congratulations Steve!

I will miss seeing you on your GS though. I've never ever seen that Stich color combo compliment a bike coloration so well!!! Need a picture to see if the stich still matches...

Best wishes with the new Ride, Steve. Ride it on out to Torrey so we can share the joy.

And, thanks for the tip about how to practice MYRP at the office desk.

Archived