IGNORED

Luggage Rack For 1150 Topcase

CanadianRT

Hi All,

I have been looking for a luggage rack just to stap a few jackets to when it gets hot. The trick is that I have an R1150RT with a top case and I would like to get a rack that bolts to the top case. I know I could use bungy buddies or some other alternative but I have ridden with a lot of Harley riders eek.gif and the rack on the electra-glide top case is excellent. I have even been thinking of buying an HD one and retro-fitting it to the BMW top case. But I thought I would check here first.

Any ideas??

Regards

Chris

You need to keep the load to a minimum, but I've seen racks rigged like this:

trkrack1.jpg

I got that photo from our image archive; a little dated. blush.gif Don't quote me, but I thought this was from an LT. Maybe?

But remember the max load is 40 lbs / 21 kg. The problem is not the top case, it's the plastic rack under it!

If you go to the search page, enter radark1 in the user spot and pull down the w"ithin one year timeframe" you will see all my posts....and pics and part numbers for a great solution to your topcase rack situation.

All BMW....very cool.....and inexpensive. The rack is BMW all you have to do is custom cut some plastic rods found at Home Depot....drill 4 holes and off you go.

Good luck!

If you go to the search page, enter radark1 in the user spot and pull down the w"ithin one year timeframe" you will see all my posts....and pics and part numbers for a great solution to your topcase rack situation...

Good luck!

>>>Here is the thread you want.<<<

Photos etc, as mentioned in the previous post. thumbsup.gif

Archived