IGNORED

Introduction and Question

ChuckL

Greetings All, I Purchased a R12RT a little over a month ago and now have 800+ miles on it. I couldn’t be happier with the bike. I have been lurking hear off and on since 2002 when I decided to get back into motorcycles after a fifteen year absence.

It took me a while to decide what to buy; there are so many good bikes out there. This is my first BMW. I had Hondas previously.

The bike has performed perfectly so far. The only fault I find is the outside temp gauge reading low. Can’t have everything I guess.

I do have one question. And it’s the same one that was asked a few days ago. Has any one heard of a bracket for aux lights (Piaa 910) being developed by anyone?

Chuck

Chuck, I'll be the first to say welcome.

You temp gauge should be a simple fix and is really a problem for your dealer to rectify.

As for the lighting brackets, it's still early in the model run for these accessories to be developed. I can only suggest that you contact the major manufacturers like Wunderlich and ask if there is any word on availablity.

Welcome. I have about 1200 miles on my RT after 10 days, and also am very pleased. I have found my lights to be plenty bright, and am curious as to why you have decided to add some more?

Congratulations on the new bike - good choice!

Jay

I have found my lights to be plenty bright, and am curious as to why you have decided to add some more?

Jay

I have a friend that two years ago ran into a fiberglass shower enclosure on hwy 85 in San Jose that had fallen off a truck during his morning (dark) commute. I don't ever want to be in a situation where I am unable to see obstructions in my path(read deer)

Chuck

Archived