IGNORED

Killboy - NOT!!!! But we did try some Ridin' Pics

Twisties

motorman587

Please correct me if I'm wrong, John. I don't hear you arguing that putting your weight on the inside of a turn will NOT decrease your lean angle. What I hear is that, given an appropriate entry speed and turn in point, any motorcycle designed to be ridden in the twisties (no OCC show bikes) can execute the turn, with lean angle to spare, while seated upright. And sitting upright confers a host of advantages (ease of visibility, not shifting the COG by moving your body, the ability to brake more quickly) that outweigh what you consider to be the relatively minor disadvantage of more lean angle. In fact, if you cannot execute a given turn without "kissing the mirrors", you either selected an inappropriate line, or you entered the corner going too damn fast! Do I understand correctly?

Yup, and it goes back to ride your own ride.

motorman587
I can understand what has seemed to be at times an emotional response from John (motorman587). He has been a lone advocate for his point of view in this thread, and that can reasonably engender feelings of defensiveness.

I don't mean this as a smart ass comment, but maybe there's a clue hidden in there?

LOL, I feel the love............

• 4 weeks later...

These guys are riding very near the limit, maybe we can learn something from their body position. About half-way through the video, you will see 'sweepers' at speed - watch their position.

The bloopers at the end prove they are riding very near the limit.

Ride hard any sitting postion, all will run out of limits on time or another. I like the guys that come running out with broom and dust pan, start swiping. Too funny.

Archived