IGNORED

? Installing Bar Back backs

Larry

2003 K1200 GT. Install Bar Backs. Will stock hoses, cables, wiring etc. be to short? Will I need to install any longer parts or reroute the stock parts? Thanks fo the info.

It really depends on the bar backs you are installing. I put Verholins on my 2003GT and had to change the brake cable.

There are several choices, depending on length, that won't require any changes and add back and toward the rear changes.

DaveTheAffable
I got away with it on my 02 RS,,All Stock,,,lines and cables,,,Hope that helps,,,,,

+1

Re-did a couple of zip ties, checked things at full steering lock, and all was good.

... for 6 months. I still wasn't happy. I decided I would learn how to "ride" the bike, instead of sitting on it and trying to be comfortable. I took off the after market barbacks, left the factory ones off too, and positioned the bars mid-point.

I went back and re-read MYRP, and worked at body position and learning to keep weight off arms as much as possible. It's been a year and 1/2 now. I think I ride better, I definately FEEL better, and 500 mile days don't leave me with sore wrists and bad back. (sore butt sometimes :/ )

Good luck, YMMV

A 30mm. backset is the limit without changing at least the front brake hose, maybe more. I installed 30mm. American Machine barbacks and everything just worked by re-doing the ty-raps..

A 30mm. backset is the limit without changing at least the front brake hose, maybe more. I installed 30mm. American Machine barbacks and everything just worked by re-doing the ty-raps..

Remember that the GT has different bars then the RS & thus what you can get away with on the RS may not work with the GT.

Archived