IGNORED

Who's in for a Pied Piper Run to the next UnRally?

KMG_365

This year's UnRally VII was an absolute blast, and we don't yet know where the next UnRally (VIII) will be . . . but I'm already planning a Pied Piper Ride to get there! :grin:

Last year's Pied Piper Run was an ABSOLUTE HOOT and it seems like a few of the "usual suspects" are up for a redux! I promise I won't lead you through the "Tunnel of Death" this time, so who's "IN!!!"? :)

And just to refresh your memories and fill in some history for the newer folks, here's another awesome "Blast from the Past" which inspired last year's Pied Piper Run and which I found on Kris's site:

http://www.teambutterkup.com/?page_id=36

What the heck, let it fly you goons!

IN!

Bwaahaahaahaahaahaahaa! :)

Well, at least we know your WIFE will make it! :eek:

Oooooh, right in the ole' ligament! :grin:

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Where, what, when is a Pied Piper run?

Hi Joe,

A Pied Piper run is where you have a general starting point (Cali) and the end point of the event, Un, Torrey, whatever, and as you roll along you pick up mass on the way in the form of more riders, usually meeting mid-point at somebody's house, before continuing to the event.

Where, what, when is a Pied Piper run?

Hi Joe, I hope you can join us!

Do a search on "Pied Piper" in "all Forums" and set the date to at least one year. You can read LOTS of pages about the planning and Ride Tales from the Pied Piper Run to last year's Un! :grin:

A few folks got some smaller Pied Piper's together headed to this year's Un, but it's not always easy to reach that "critical mass" . . . especially when you're counting on Phil to show up! :eek:

Oooooooh! Right in the ole' tendon! :grin:

CoarsegoldKid

Thanks, Jamie and Steve. Duh! that makes sense. How is a UNlocation selected? Maybe this should be asked in another thread? Anyway I'll keep a lookout for UNinformation.

I can't wait, hope to get to see Bud and wify again too! My house may be a little south but you guys are welcome here on the pass thru too!! :thumbsup:

How is a UNlocation selected?

You know how a new Pope is selected? Well that process is simpler and more public! :eek:

How a UN location is selected is a lot like how the oil level in a boxer is reliably checked - it's one of the great mysteries of the universe! :grin:

I can't wait, hope to get to see Bud and wify again too! My house may be a little south but you guys are welcome here on the pass thru too!! :thumbsup:

Hi Jean,

We also hope to see you again. :wave:

Uh oh, from Iron Butt to Tender Buns (um, I mean Browns) in a New York minute!

:)

Everybody's getting funny around here. :/

You know how a new Pope is selected? Well that process is simpler and more public! :eek:

How a UN location is selected is a lot like how the oil level in a boxer is reliably checked - it's one of the great mysteries of the universe! :grin:

White smoke = east coast; black smoke = west coast. Unless we're talking about synthetic oil, then . . . . :grin::dopeslap:

PhillyFlash

White smoke = east coast; black smoke = west coast. Unless we're talking about synthetic oil, then . . . . :grin::dopeslap:

Since we alternate east and west each year, it's a pretty safe bet that it will be in the east in 2009. Where in the east is another question. I wouldn't bet on Florida; sorry Tender Browns. Virginia/West Virginia are probably out, too, since they were the last two eastern UnRallys. The Georgia/Tennessee/North Carolina meeting point could be a possibility. The Northeast is also a strong possibility, since that is an eastern region that we have not even been close to for an UnRally - maybe around Upstate New York, Vermont, or New Hampshire. That also gives folks the opportunity to head up to Maine and the Maritime Provinces for some sweet riding and sightseeing. Fall would be a great time in the Northeast, but it is much more crowded, and may be difficult for many people in the west to travel. Decisions, decisions.

If the next UN ends up south of me, I'll probably just see everyone there. If it ends up to the north of me......I'm IN

The suspense is killing me......how long do we have to wait?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
The suspense is killing me......how long do we have to wait?
Until some darned fool steps up to volunteer... :grin:
Yeeha! Stephen
This year's UnRally VII was an absolute blast, and we don't yet know where the next UnRally (VIII) will be . . . but I'm already planning a Pied Piper Ride to get there! :grin:

Jamie,

I wish I had the Inclination, Time, and/or skills to put together the UnRally.

I think I would make the Pied Piper Tour itself, the actual Unrally.

I've often daydreamed of putting together a roving Rally, something akin to the Hot Rod Magazine's Power Tour.

The UnRally would be in a different town each night.

Start on one side of the Country on Day One and run to the other side for the end of the Rally. Or a partial run of the country anyway.

Cool huh?

Jamie,

I've often daydreamed of putting together a roving Rally, something akin to the Hot Rod Magazine's Power Tour.

Start on one side of the Country on Day One and run to the other side for the end of the Rally. Or a partial run of the country anyway.

Cool huh?

The UnTour. Alaska anybody?

Sounds good to me.

Paul Mihalka

Hey, the UN HAS to come east! Or northeast, Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine, or mid-southeast, northern Georgia/North Carolina/eastern Tennessee.

And if it is close enough to home for me to just be away a few days, I can do next year's western ride again to Torrey! :)

Jamie,

Cool huh?

It's a great idea--and very similar to what the Pied Piper is all about for me. My favorite part is how it makes a 2-3 day UnRally in one beautiful riding spot into a "movable feast" all across the country lasting for a few weeks and including more time with many more friends en route! We also had a BUNCH of wonderful newbies join up with us on the last Pied Piper and every one just fell right in and had a great time! We have SO enjoyed meeting our brand new "old friends" on the road and getting to know them better in such an unusual setting! As you know well and I'm sure the newbies would all agree: it's a very friendly, welcoming group here and once you've ridden together and broken bread together ITRW, it completely changes the On-line experience! :)

But the key to the UnRally is: it is what the UnOrganizer(s) and their team make it! It IS UnOrganized to a large extent when you compare it with a "proper" Rally, but when over 100 riders gather in one spot (especially an unfamiliar one) it's best if the UnOrganizer and their team do provide for the basic human/rider necessities to allow everyone to relax and enjoy the time together and the riding without having to worry too much about logistics.

How it actually comes together varies and being an UnRally . . . there are only loose guidelines of what has worked well before as well as a few "lessons learned" over the years. We've developed a nice data base of experience to draw on and with a good team to rely on the UnOrganizer(s) can do whatever they are comfortable with: do most of the leg-work themselves, just be a team manager, and make it as big or as small as they're comfortable. A lot of how it all turns out and the work involved depends on the site chosen.

A handful of us have been to ALL SEVEN UnRallies so far and I'm sure we all would agree: THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BAD UnRally! :)

They've all been very different from each other, but we've enjoyed every one and we make it our annual big trip vacation now. There is a time commitment to be sure, but don't let the skills part scare you off!

David asked us if we were interested in UnOrganizing UnRally-III at the UnRally-II in Eureka Springs and we eagerly accepted. We put together a fantastic team, worked our butts off (oh, I'm sure I need to Pre-Run our potential site in Cody, Wyoming, honey . . . just to make sure it's going to work! ;) ) and had the time of our lives! Now that the idea has caught on, Leslie has already had a few folks approach her requesting to do future UnRallies in various places.

The "habit" has been to move it roughly east-west every year or so . . . and Leslie's already started the process to find the UnOrganizer for next year's festivities, so stay tuned for future developments and start planting whatever seeds you need to get a block of time off next year! :grin:

We're already UnPlanning on another Pied Piper Run to get there and as soon as our UnRally-VIII UnOrganizer announces the dates and location the logistics of the UnRouting can start in earnest!

Wooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I was told it was going to be in Tennessee.

The Tennesseeians have stated their case, but as of yet no proclamations have been made by Mama Hoon.

Stay tuned. And it's not like I'm holding onto some state secret, I have no idea right along with the rest of y'all.

LOL!! We don't even have an UnOrganizer yet--and they get to pick the location . . . so how could you have been "told" TN? I would question your sources! :grin:

Believe me, I'm as much on pins and needles as anyone, but whichever UnOrganizer is chosen gets to pick the location for THEIR UnRally. Meanwhile . . . where's my friggin' little popcorn eatin' guy?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Les is more

Don't get me wrong. I'm lovin' the enthusiasm but I don't know what you all were smoking when you dreamed up all of these locations.

What we know--

It'll be east of the Big Muddy.

What we don't know--

Everything else.

Keep dreaming though. It's entertaining. lurker.gif

Don't get me wrong. I'm lovin' the enthusiasm but I don't know what you all were smoking when you dreamed up all of these locations.

What we know--

It'll be east of the Big Muddy.

What we don't know--

Everything else.

Keep dreaming though. It's entertaining. lurker.gif

If the world is really round and not flat, couldn't East of the Big Muddy mean Alaska? I just heard that

Maybe you heard about the BMWMOA Rally.

Aha!!! That explains the "rumors"! Of course ours is an "UnRally" and is a totally different experience! :/

Archived