IGNORED

Cee Bailey windscreen

drodg

What kind of sizes are you putting on the 12RT and what is your height? I think I would like a change of a little wider than standard and maybe an inch taller. I am 5'10" and I find the standard windscreen a little noisy unless all the way up.

Tucker2930

Just installed my Cee Bailey. It is 3" taller and 6" wider. I am 6' 4" bare footed. After riding its perfect for me.

I'm 6'1" and went with 2 inches taller and 4 inches wider. The BMW shield at the tallest setting put rain right onto my helmet at eye level. I guestimated that 2 more inches, plus the extra curve of the CB would throw the rain over my head, but I have yet to be able to test it. I added the extra width because I was also getting wet, even at speed, on my elbows and shoulders.

Nope. Haven't received it yet and haven't had the bike to test it on a rainy day even if I had received it. My bike is back in the shop for the 3rd time since I purchased it. It has actually been at the dealer longer than I have had my hands on it. This time it's in for it's 600 mi service, however.

OK, here in Houston it can get to 100+ this time of year and with 90% humidity this is a KILLER! Airflow is a blessing, but silance is also golden, so is there a reasonable balance, or is it just as simple to have "seasonal" windsheilds? Aerostich gear in Jul-Sept. it an ordeal in dedication, "joe-Rocket" is the wiser choice in this environment.

Comments?

That's why I ordered one 2" higher and only 3" wider. Wanted the air to go over my head (6'0" tall) and be quieter around the helmet, but still get some airflow on the chest when the shield is up - at least that's what I'm hoping will be the result. But I haven't got mine yet either.

Am looking forward to hearing everyone's experience when they're all installed.

With the stock shield, at speed, and especially in rain, I started to feel like Marty Feldman in "Young Frankenstein."

"Hump? What hump?"

Will post when I get mine. Got a shipping notification last night. Woohoo!

clap.gif

It says FedExSAVER. I guess that means ground so maybe I'll have it in four days or so.

Will post when I get mine. Got a shipping notification last night. Woohoo!

clap.gif

It says FedExSAVER. I guess that means ground so maybe I'll have it in four days or so.

Do you remember when you ordered you shield? I ordered mine on June 27th.

Gerald,

I just checked and they confirmed my order by email on June 20. So it's been a bit more than two weeks. Not bad for a new product like that.

Can't wait - I'm tired of the wind howling around my head.

Just rec'd an email thatmywindscreen and headlight cover were shipped yesterday smile.gif

Wonder how long they'll be stuck at Customs frown.gif

FedEx xpress saver is a 3 day FedEx express service. so its a 3 business days commit. Good news is alot of the time its 2 days, depends on haow full the airplanes are.

Roger (24 year FedEx guy)

Have you had a bike with the grey screen before? I like the idea from a looks standpoint. Does it play much of a role if you have to look through it at night or is it not that big of a deal?

Thanks,

I've had a grey shield before but it was a sporty shorty on a Nighthawk so never had to look thru it at night. I'll let you know what it's like once it arrives and I have had a chance to test it out at night.

I just got my C.B. yesterday, and it is a gorgeous piece of workmanship! I am 6'2", and got the +2" high and +4" wide size. The shield is thicker than stock, and seems to hold more solidly to the mounts. I am hoping for less movement of the shield while rolling.

Now, all I need is my seats back from Russell, and I will be one happy camper.

Paul in CA

'05 R1200RT

'98 XR400R

Other vintage

Good to hear Paul. Let us know when you get your seats back and have a chance to test the shield.

I'm still waiting for delivery of mine (shipped July 8th) to Canada so it could take a while.

Me too. I am only 6'0". I spoke with a guy at CeeBailey and he recommended I go +3" tall and +4" wide. I ordered a grey model on his recommendation. I hope it isn't too tall. I guess an extra inch can't hurt. Love to hear your feedback after you ride. I won't get mine for a couple weeks, I suppose.

Good news....my shield arrived clap.gif

Bad news....friggin Canada Post can't read that they were supposed to deliver to the side door. Now have to pick it up myself tomorrow after 1PM. bncry.gif

Picked up my new windscreen and installed it right away. Looks good!!!! The grey is definitely not too dark to see thru and the extra 2" in height make as big difference. I now have to look thru the shield when it's fully extended as I didn't before. The extra 5" in width make a big difference as my passenger no longer feels as much wind as before. The only problem I encountered after installation was the black covers that go on the shield are no longer flush frown.gif I think I'm getting some wind noise thru there. Anyone have any ideas? I thought of making the screw holes in the cover a bit bigger at the bottom in order to force it flush but don't know for sure. Appreciate any ideas?

Also purchased the headlight cover but have to take some time to put it on right.

Overall I'm very pleased ......why can't BMW put these on their bikes to begin with confused.gif

Will post pix when I get a chance.

I had the same problem with the covers not flush with the windscreen. It's because the windscreen holes are too small. Also my windscreen was slightly warped. I guess I got a bad one . I'm sending it back.

I took mine for a ride today for the 1st time. 2" taller, 4" wider. Even w/4" wider, I still get wind (and I assume rain) on my elbows and shoulders. At 6'1" I still feel the wind on the top of my helmet... I assume that means I'll have rain there too - at least it won't hit me straight in my eyes like it was before.

The bad news is that the new shield doesn't flap in the wind and with the rev's of the motor so I've lost some air cooling capability for my engine.

Nice photo, Gerald!

I've been out of town for the past week, so mine is still in the box. Hope to get it on tomorrow.

Archived