IGNORED

Lower Heated Front Seat

dmevid

My R1200RT came in today but my dealer forget the heated seats...He tells me that it can be installed. I seen in the manual that the front heated seat is on the handlebars and also shows up in the display on the on-board computer. I am worried that my dealer does not know for sure if the lower heated seat can be added. Does anyone know?? If it can't be added, I am giving the bike back to the dealer today (saturday). I insisted that heated seats were very important..Please let me know...

thanks...

David

Do they add the switch on the handlebars for the front seated seat? Will it display on the on-board computer?? I know the rear heated seat has the switch on the side of the seat. It is like my K1200LT.

thanks,

'05 R1200RT Red

John Bentall

That is the tricky bit of the whole operation. Hopefully the switch assembly can be replaced easily.

Once wired up, I would imagine that the on-board computer will recognise it and light up the display in the on-board computer.

I have the low heated seat , fitted by the dealer when I purchased the bike .

The switch on the handlebars indicates which level [ off , one or two ] you have set , and the computer display show two little diamonds when you have both heated seats turned on , or one if you have onluy selected the front or pillion seat [ the pillion seat has its own two phase switch under the seat on the right hand side .

On the higher setting the heat will toast your backside !!

Steve

Archived