IGNORED

Accessories. "What are you Farkle crazy"

Jpac

I will try to make this short. I didn't expect to have a new bike for a couple years but I just traded my '02 LT (loaded) for a '08 RT. (long story) I really had the LT set up nice and I want to make the RT simular. So I went a litte Farkle crazy with the credit card. The UPS truck will be parked in front of my house alot. I know I am breaking a cardnial rule and trying to make changes to a bike before a big trip (leaving Tuesday, I hope) so wish me luck.

I will try to find time to post opinions, pics ect here when I get a chance. Honestly I doubt I will get everything on before the trip. (Going to Gillette for the MOA)

Some of the things being added are a BMR shelf; moving the GPS up there; adding a Valentive V1 radar detector; a AM/FM/Weather band radio; waterproof case for the IPod. I am planning a Centech fuse block under the seat with a bus bar up buy the shelf. I have 2 sets of PIAAs on the way; 1100s and 510s. Hyperlights. A bunch of stuff from Wunderlich including the engine/roll bar protector (did I really need chrome). No foot pegs yet but thinking about it. (anyone have the elf pegs?)

A bunch of other stuff, wiring and misc. An Ijet controller.

I hope everything arrives on time. Wish me luck as I only really have a couple of days to get it done. Should be nice when it is done.

jp

Yeah you are crazy trying to get all that done and then take it untested. Good luck though!

Yep...I hate to be negative but with that much new stuff something's bound to screw up. Hell, I just installed *one* new item for our week-long 2K a couple weeks ago--a lil ole XM radio on Curb Queen's RT. Damned if it didn't fail in 3 different ways all by itself! Power supply, booster amp, and speaker connections all went south at some point, and I consider myself somewhat anal about solder joints, etc. But..it's working great now! :thumbsup:

Good luck JP!!

A day and a half later than I wanted to leave, but the bike is coming together. Got to pray it all works. I will post about my trials when I get home. Ride Safe.

JP

Archived