IGNORED

Rear adjustable mud flap R1200RT

pigtrotters

pigtrotters

My bike didnt come with the rear adjustable mud flap. I spoke to the dealer about it as his test bike had one on (the other bikes on the floor didn't). On checking the manual they say that it is supposed to come with it. On pick up of the bike, the dealer said that they are an optional extra. Did anyone else get this bit of plastic? After riding in the rain, I'd like it, as crap flew everywhere over the back of the bike.

roadshadowww

all the RTs I see don't have them to include mine. I ordered one about $7 I think and they are effective.

Mine did not come with it either, however after showing the dealer the manual etc. I was able to convince them that it was "missing". Dealer took one off the 1200RT sitting on the floor and installed it on my bike. Ask nicely and you may be able to get a "freebie"

pigtrotters

Guess I'd better put on my best puppy dog eyes and see if I can squeeze one out of the dealer then. Nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks guys.

bluedl1000

What does this flap look like? I am picking up my new bike next week and would like to know if I am missing this item?

Does anyone have a picture?

It seems only the early bikes got them and then BMW just decided to leave them off. Most likely yours will not get one. Mine didnt. Here is a pic of it on the BMW press bike.

Its the small extension on the rear fender. You are supposed to be able to raise and lower it.

Rich

527159-rt-rear.jpg.b4f97d3847bc1e4cd51adb80244a7808.jpg

Mine didn't have one when I picked it up but the bike I was shown did and the saleman made a point of showing it to me. I got him to order me one and didn't pay for it either, just said it was warranty and walked out. I saw the price tag and it was $30CDN ....not cheap.

Archived