Limecreek

Fall Ride in Central Texas - Any interest?

Limecreek

Please let me know either here or by way of PM if you would be interested in a Fall Hill Country Ride with the Hangar Hotel, at the Frederickburg Airport, serving as home base.

I am angling for the 2nd or 3rd week of October--group rides on Saturday and a group dinner at the Cotton Gin on Saturday night.

It would be an arrive Friday afternoon, ride Saturday, dinner Saturday night, socializing on the deck after dinner and depart on Sunday morning.

Is there any interest and would you like to help me organize the event?

large.jpg

Lawman

IN

Mike05
Is there any interest and would you like to help me organize the event?

YES, & Yes!! :grin:

Seriously Greg, I'm interested & more then willing to help out.

Let me know.

Mike

AV8R

I'm IN.

tobyzusa

That'll work.

Slyder_Steve

Gees, guess I might as well move to Texas--tech daze, first responders class, hill country rides--oh wait, that one didn't go so well last time--any rain in the forcast? :dopeslap:

Slyder

rogera

Hey Greg,

I think I could be coxed into another trip to the Hill Country.

Assuming I don’t have to fight any hurricanes to get there. :/

Angel

Inish.

Way out for me to tell for sure. Since it is over a weekend, it looks good though.

I'll help with what i can.

Limecreek

I just found out there are 2 supermoto races in Austin; one in October and one in November. I will not schedule the fall ride on top of the race dates. It does look like the 3rd weekend in October is in the clear.

I checked the nightly rate at the Hangar Hotel--$169/night. The Hangar will not be home base. I'll find a suitable alternative at a reasonable rate.

Lastly, I think we should have dinner at the Hill Top Cafe on Saturday instead of the Cotton Gin. The food is great and they have music on the weekends. They are located 10 miles north of F-Burg on Hwy 89.

eddd

Greg, Billy, Mike, Angel, Roger, Steve, Brad...all in...

How could I pass this one up? I'll be there!

Matts_12GS

definitely interested if I can make it work around the second BRR!

Yeeha! Stephen

"IN"

How much is the new La Quinta on the other side of town?

Yeeha! Stephen

Then, there's "quaint"...

3786.jpg

www.millerinntx.com

3786.jpg.e44542c239e29ab4463702ac538f6391.jpg

Edited by Yeeha! Stephen

Limecreek

The La Quinta is $128. The problem is they've all gone up and I can tell you based on my travel this year $128 - $150 is average price and in many cases a good price.

There are a couple of older, but well kept motor hotels that I am going to check out next weekend. I'm also going to see if we can get a deal for a small group, say 10-12 rooms. We may have some negotiating room if traffic into F-Burg is off this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Texas economy seems to be fine despite all the doom and gloom reported in the papers.

Just saw your second post Stephen---that is exactly what I am looking at for as an alternative. I kind of like the old style, park in front of your room motels and I've heard a few of them in F-Burg are better than average.

Edited by Limecreek

Yeeha! Stephen

Hey Greg,

Didn't know you were monitoring.

We were hit with those $$ when we came down a couple of months ago with the Dallas Club.

We found the www.millerinntx.com on the main drag just East of McDonalds. 1st clue was that there was a Street Rod meet in town and this place was full of nice Rods. I guess they knew the secret cause we found rooms for under $70.

Decent rooms in a Mom n Pop motor court kinda place.

3787.jpg

Their Sister property is on the West end of town... www.frontier-inn.com

And then there's the Peach Tree, but I never can get in there, it's always booked when I try... www.thepeachtreeinn.com

3787.jpg.929c96b00da933e8bff6adbd51751ba4.jpg

mistral

Sounds like a good time, I am in.

Ron

Constantine

If you all dont mind,I'll be able 99% to make it also.

Whip
If you all dont mind,I'll be able 99% to make it also.

We would be honored by your presents......

BTW...Brother Lime.....whatever I can do to help....I'm here for ya.

Whip

Firefight911

We would be honored by your presents......

Whip

Heck, if he's bringin' presents, there's gonna be a big turnout!!!!! I like presents.

(Everyone roll eyes together) :/:/

Lots of interest to be there from my perspective. Lots of water to pass under bridge with this ankle thing before I'll know anything. We'll see what happens. 20% in.

Skywagon

Depending on the weekend, will be there...Have an anniversary one of the weekends and the price of the hotel would be minor compared to missing the anniversary...

Yeeha! Stephen

Bring her!

What an Anniversary present... a weekend in Fredericksburg!

Fine Dining - Shopping - Beautiful Fall Weather

Come in a day early and devote the day :thumbsup:

Lawman
Depending on the weekend, will be there...Have an anniversary one of the weekends and the price of the hotel would be minor compared to missing the anniversary...

Yeeha is right....Bring her...My wife will likely be there in the Miata..

There's really no reason why you can't BOTH have fun on your anniversary.. :grin:

Edgar

Lawman,

The likeness of your avatar is uncanny. If you had the floppy hat on in the picture it would be a dead ringer. :wave:

Lawman
Lawman,

The likeness of your avatar is uncanny. If you had the floppy hat on in the picture it would be a dead ringer. :wave:

Thanks Edgarr! That's the best compliment I've ever had..

Barney is my hero and mentor! :thumbsup:

Bob Foley

IN--

I chickened out last year because of the weather. Will try again. Looking forward to meeting you crazies :clap:

Limecreek

Hi All---checking back in.

How does the weekend of the October 17th sound? We avoid the supermoto races, Octoberfest and Thunder Events that weekend. Go ahead and pencil in the dates. I'll confirm the dates and have the rest of the event information out by next weekend.

The Luckenbach Harvest Classic & European Motorcycle Rally is scheduled that weekend and should make a nice side trip on Saturday if so inclined.

For those that offered help, thank you, and consider yourselves signed up. :grin:

Whip--Will this get in the way of the Fall Big Bend ride? Count me in for that one!

Whip

How does the weekend of the October 17th sound? We avoid the supermoto races, Octoberfest and Thunder Events that weekend. Go ahead and pencil in the dates. I'll confirm the dates and have the rest of the event information out by next weekend.

The Luckenbach Harvest Classic & European Motorcycle Rally is scheduled that weekend and should make a nice side trip on Saturday if so inclined.

For those that offered help, thank you, and consider yourselves signed up. :grin:

Whip--Will this get in the way of the Fall Big Bend ride? Count me in for that one!

No on the Big Bend Ride......I'm hopin to put that in November.

..but ....I may need a special kitchen pass for the 17th.......cause in 1992 I was sayin "I do"

......maybe she won't remember??????

.....or maybe she's tryin to forget??????

...or maybe she'll want to celebrate with all you clowns?????

Don't worry about it......I may not be around that night but the night before and after I'll be around.

:dopeslap:

rogera

17th is ok with me. Consider it penciled in.

Yeeha! Stephen

..but ....I may need a special kitchen pass for the 17th.......cause in 1992 I was sayin "I do"

"Bring her!

What an Anniversary present... a weekend in Fredericksburg!

Fine Dining - Shopping - Beautiful Fall Weather

Come in a day early and devote the day..."

I'm begining to sound like a broken Record*!

* for those of you that remember "records" :cry:

realshelby

The weekend of 17-18-19 should allow me to make it. Pencil me and my wife in. Likely would book a room with the group if we choose a motel. Last time I saw anyone from the forum was Limecreeks tech daze a couple years ago. Looking forward to it!