IGNORED

Pictures of the folks at Staunton!

KMG_365

Hi All!! clap.gif

We had an absolute time at the UnRally--despite the record setting weather! We're so glad we came and grateful to Spike and Patti for all of their hard work! thumbsup.gif

We also had a great trip out and back and got to spend some (limited) quality time with some of the fine folks here en route! Speaking of the fine folks here: Brant Herbert did our community a great service at the first UnRally in 2002 by getting a shot of everyone at the main dinner while we were waiting in line. It was great for everyone else who could not make it to be able to place a face with a handle ("Boy, he really doesn't look like I expected from reading his posts!" eek.gifgrin.gif ), and also for attendees to be able to remember the names and faces of the 100+ people they met in under three days! dopeslap.gif

Russell "ittech" also was present this year and took many incredible photos, that he is currently working on editing, but in an effort to pay homage to Brant's Magnum Opus and try to fill in some gaps in Russell's shots, I offer my VERY humble collection of as many of the folks who came to the main dinner at the campground. I'll apologize in advance for my complete lack of photographic skills and my puny 2MP Canon S200 camera, but I'm actually quite pleased with how many shots came out quite nice! thumbsup.gif

You'll also notice how everyone seems to be smiling (if they didn't have a mouthful of food! grin.gif ) and having a good time! I tried to get everyone's nametag in the shot so I can caption them all properly, but some of you thwarted me. I'll work on getting all the names with handles up soon and asking for help on the ones who didn't have tags. I'm also missing a few folks that if you have pics of and are willing to contribute, I'd be happy to include them in the gallery. It is a work in progress, but for now I just wanted to get these out there. Enjoy--and thanks again to everyone for making our fourth UnRally another one to remember! clap.gif

The folks at Staunton: UnRally IV, 2005!

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Looks like Sock Monkey drank Mark under the table there! (number 86) Gotta' watch that monkey. blush.gif

Mark

Couchrocket

Jamie,

Many thanks! Nice to have faces for the names...

Now, where do I get me one 'o them "SLOW" hats?

Spikes_Wife
I tried to get everyone's nametag in the shot so I can caption them all properly, but some of you thwarted me.

I don't need no stinking nametag -- I can clearly be identified by the tired smile and watery eyes dopeslap.gif

George Brown

Great gallery! Sorta like the one at the Post Office. grin.gif

Thanks, it helps match up faces to names and screen names. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
All I can say is that Richard's left over Woodford Reserve came home with me eek.gifdopeslap.gifgrin.gifclap.gifclap.gifgrin.gifclap.gif

That was my plan! I figured on you ending up with it. After all the crap I gave you (in order to keep your mind off of all the hard work and distress/disorder in your days prior to the Un) I thought you at least deserved a little treat!

I am kinda sorry the young lady has bigger ballbearings than you do, but I'm sure you'll live!

Please think pleasant thoughts of me when you imbibe, even if I never even sniffed the Padron bncry.gif

I hope to see you two soon grin.gif I had such a good time meeting Ya'll and everyone else there!

StretchMark

A couple bottles of red wine chased with a couple jet-boils and this quote

thing
is starting to make sense.

25152533-M.jpg

steve.foote

Jamie, the photo album is awesome.

Man, I hated running out Wednesday night without saying "good-bye", but we wore Silvia out on the Smoke Hole ride and she was going to leave with or without me. grin.gif

I do look forward to our next encounter. cool.gif

I'll apologize in advance for my complete lack of photographic skills and my puny 2MP Canon S200 camera, but I'm actually quite pleased with how many shots came out quite nice! thumbsup.gif

No need to apologize, great shots and I may even remember some names when we next meet! confused.gifMust be a pretty good camera to work under the stress and abuse of taking my picture grin.gif

Spikes_Wife

Please think pleasant thoughts of me when you imbibe, even if I never even sniffed the Padron bncry.gif

Sorry 'bout that. blush.gif

I never really made it down to the waterfall area for the *cough* imbibing -- I turned in "early" almost every night cuz I was so damned tired; and of course John completely forgot about the Patron until we got home and unpacked.

BeniciaRT_GT

Sorry 'bout that. blush.gif

I never really made it down to the waterfall area for the *cough* imbibing -- I turned in "early" almost every night cuz I was so damned tired; and of course John completely forgot about the Patron until we got home and unpacked.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I just got to be me. I see no apology even remotely needed!

I'm just glad Ya'll got the "good stuff" in a darker variety!

Is there a fall Torrey in the future for you and John? I'd love to see Ya'll before Gunnison! thumbsup.gif

Spikes_Wife

Is there a fall Torrey in the future for you and John? I'd love to see Ya'll before Gunnison! thumbsup.gif

I don't know. The issue is that Torey is far for us (yeah, I know I'm a whiner) and I don't get a lot of vacation. On top of that I have to earn it as I go instead of getting it all at the beginning of the year like everyone else on the planet. After Unrally, I've got 16 hours left and have to earn enough in the next month or so to be able to take time off for THE MOVE. blush.gif

I probably won't have much of anything left when the fall comes around; so you may be seeing Spike, but probably not me. frown.gif (He gets three weeks plus an extra holiday or two. I get two weeks and earn as I go, no floating holidays -- so now everyone knows why Spike is always going to El Paseo without me.)

Okay! Here's the Rogue's Gallery of attendees again!

I've gotten all the names, handles, and locations that I can from what I could dig up. If any of you can fill in any of the blanks (or correct any of the info I got wrong! dopeslap.gif ) for me I'd be happy to make the corrections on the site and keep it as a future reference.

Also, I missed photographing a few people who were there, so if any of you have shots of those folks, email me the pics and I'd be glad to host them with the others! thumbsup.gif

But worst of all: I missed a few folks who were going to be there, but had to cancel! You were missed! bncry.gif

Some missing pieces:

BK100RS

decorbin

Gandolf

Joao

KE3OK

Marty Hill

NWBMR

PhillyFlash

TomK

Tool

Weeble

Ronald Dengan

Thanks, Tom! smile.gif

It's nice for me to now be able to place the face of someone I've met with their posts here on the DB all these years! thumbsup.gif

Now, I've just got a few left. I know Wilber ("weeble") and Al (ke3ok) made it, but don't know if I missed them at the dinner (I got there a bit late). Who wants to finger this guy for me? grin.gif

25152603-M.jpg

Just a note for those who might've been mislead: In a few of the captions for the NEXT UnRally in Gunnison, I got the dates wrong. The correct dates are the 20th-22nd of June, 2006 in Gunnison, CO (they are now fixed) Reservation details will follow, but you can save the dates in your schedules now! thumbsup.gif

And thanks to Paul Mihalka for the head's up. clap.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
Who wants to finger this guy for me? grin.gif

When you say "finger..."

What exactly did you have in mind?

Paul Mihalka
Who wants to finger this guy for me? grin.gif

When you say "finger..."

What exactly did you have in mind?

Dirty minds want to know! smile.gifsmile.gif

Thank you Les and Jamie

for your dedication to this unholy assembly of mugshots.

I got the 2006 Un inked in, and may I add a shot of Josh, he was camping with his parents down at the river and qualifies for our youngest devotee and as a confirmed cookie monster.

Jurgen

519697-Joshsmall.jpg.ee8f1467649c43b6426b71d19b1048c4.jpg

Thanks, George and Jurgen! ( . . . and Paul and Mitch: yeah, I should've known better than to leave you guys an opening! tongue.gif )

Al, sorry I forgot your name as I warned you I would! dopeslap.gif But it was nice to have met you and now know who Ole George Washington is! grin.gif

Jurgen, thanks for the pic of Josh. I added it to the gallery. I never got to meet him, but I assume he was with the one family that accidently got stuck with the rest of the "outlaw biker types" down by the waterfall? grin.gif

Does anyone have a pic of Wilber ("weeble")? I don't think I got to meet him at the dinner, but I think he's the only other one who checked in as having been there who I missed (besides David Baker and Ruth Ranalletta).

That's right Jamie, Josh was down close to the fall with the unruly gang (and his parents), and couldn't get his eyes off the bikes and off my cookies. He himself rode a 1 speed bike sans training wheels. Lots of potential there.

Thanks for adding his pic, I'll let him know to look it up.

FWIW, I happen to be in touch with Gandolf and he had bike problems that couldn't be fixed untl the 16th, just b4 the Un.

Jurgen

FWIW, I happen to be in touch with Gandolf and he had bike problems that couldn't be fixed untl the 16th, just b4 the Un.

Jurgen

Thanks, Jurgen! Sorry to hear about Gandolf's bike problems, but glad to hear that HE'S okay! (Well, for him, anyway! dopeslap.gif )

It must just be the mother hen in me (and my job doesn't help), but I worry when folks have registered for the UnRally and then we never hear from them again. I worry that they were riding alone, had a problem on the road en route, and they're laying in a ditch somewhere in BFE.

When our Dry Town Crew buddy Don Keil ("kowboy") had a fatal crash on a solo ride, his wife had the consideration to let Leslie and I know by email--otherwise, he might have just dropped out of sight and none of us would have known what fate befell him.

That's why the check-in threads are such a good idea. It's just nice to hear that your friends made it home safely after sometimes 1000's of miles on the road. We should also all let our family's and SO's know to tell someone on the board if one of us gets in trouble or worse, so we can help out or at least pay our respects. We are all connected through this quasi-familial bond.

Jurgen - great shot of Josh, he was quite the little spitfire. I don't know that I've ever met a kid quite so ready to talk to a bunch of bikers and steal cookies the way he did. Your hospitality will stay with him for year to come. thumbsup.gif

Jamie - thanks for the pictures. I'm still cleaning up the coffee I spit out after loosing it remembering the moment grin.gif

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived