IGNORED

Things Are Going Better but, No Answers Yet

Laney

I wonder how long it would take to send an engine back to Germany, have it torn down and repaired and then returned to the States. That way BMW would have no doubts in their minds as to what was going on.....One has to wonder!!

The case was obviously settled by now, but why the secrecy? How hard is to say: 'Case was settled, but were asked not to discuss it'. Happens all the time. Good day gentlemen.

The case was obviously settled by now, but why the secrecy? How hard is to say: 'Case was settled, but were asked not to discuss it'. Happens all the time. Good day gentlemen.

I would have assumed so too. But a couple of days ago Laney said she doesn't have her KRS back. It's been two months. confused.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Jeebus, guys, how big a H I N T do you need? Laney isn't talking, Dick said Laney would not be talking. There is nothing more to be said.

When the bike comes back, and she has had a chance to evaluate it, I'm sure we will hear the results, I doubt we will ever hear the full story.

Jeebus, guys, how big a H I N T do you need? Laney isn't talking, Dick said Laney would not be talking. There is nothing more to be said.

When the bike comes back, and she has had a chance to evaluate it, I'm sure we will hear the results, I doubt we will ever hear the full story.

I certainly believe all of that.

My type A personality though wonders why it would take two months to fix/replace a motor. What could they possibly be doing? eek.gif

If it were my bike, and I do have a KRS, I'd be talking with lawyers at this point. But if Laney's happy I guess I'm happy.

Hey Bert, that bike is probably in a junk yard in Germany by now... or on Ophra Hazard' house dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Do you honestly care?? Hope you had a great weekend.

Hey Bert, that bike is probably in a junk yard in Germany by now... or on Ophra Hazard' house dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Do you honestly care?? Hope you had a great weekend.

Yeah, I do care. I've met Laney and thought she was nice. She posted that she was still waiting to get her KRS back. I don' like to see people taken advantage of.

When the bike comes back, and she has had a chance to evaluate it, I'm sure we will hear the results...

Ed's got it right, but I'm still short on the evaluation part. I picked the RS up late Saturday 8 weeks and a day after it left my garage. It does take two months, I guess. crazy.gif

Sunday was supposed to be a day of getting in many more break-in miles, but I woke up yesterday morning to my 17-year-old cat having seizures, and switched my priorities. Sunday became a stay at home day.

With less than 40 of my own miles so far, I can tell you one thing for certain -- I DID NOT have a habit of shifting the bike at low rpms prior to the valves being carboned. I'm going nuts shifting at 4K eek.gif

Buddy's running well. From what I saw when I put away the tool kit and rerouted some of the Autocom wiring yesterday, the Tech from Irv Seaver's that did the work was meticulous.

I will definitely put in more of my .02 when I get a few more miles.

It's hard to adequately express my sincere and deep appreciation to all the people here that DO care, and offered support, advice, and suggestions - both constructive and destructive. grin.gif

It waas a great help through the last nine months of this event to have all the good people I've had on my side. thumbsup.gif

More later...

For the record, the 'Do you honestly care?' comment was made on the context she obviously didn't care to keep you guys posted, and several of us assumed there was a 'secret' settlement involved (her silence made that assumption valid), which meant ordeal was over. Glad you guys still did care regardless; you're a good bunch. thumbsup.gif

I obviously don't know her, but I'm glad she spoke up and still a fellow K rider, and hope her troubles are finally over. Sorry for my unsympathetic remark, but a bit more communication goes a long way too. Good day to all.

Way to go Lanester/see ya at torrey X. Brinks/friday is on me. thumbsup.gif
Hey that's very generous of you, hear that everybody, Brink's Friday on MH...

Archived