IGNORED

My part's done....

itchybro

This past weekend I finished up my leg of the Nunbetter Memorial Ride to honor and remember a fallen pal.

Here's the skinny from handing it off at the Crossroads of time: (if you went to El Paseo V there might be a familiar face in there too)

Okay, this is way overdue. I didn't take as many pics as I would've liked too as I got a late start and didn't want Mr. Hancock to wait on me too long.

I began my second half of my leg of the Nunbestest rided by traveling backroads to a lovely spot called Wallend. The Wallend Post Office is about 400 yards from the entrance to the Foothills parkway.

This route is the way I was taught by one of my favorite friends, who has decided to stop riding for awhile (after wadding up a large chunk of Heritage Softail), but I try to show it to anyone interested because it sure beats the 4 lane thru Maryville.

Once you get out there it's really pretty.

It's possible to really open it up here. (and also possible to meet a tractor or a dog so I err on the side of sanity)

Tipton.jpg

This is a shot from a bridge looking at little tributary that I rode next to for about 5 miles. Hopefully I can take Craig down through there so he can describe all the smells. :D

wallend.jpg

About 40 seconds later I find myself here:

foothils.jpg

Note, bike is running and I'm snapping away then zooming off. (artifact is in backpack if anyone's curious as to lack of luggage or if I've painted it um..DDP (the p is for pink).

Once over the Parkway, you arrive at THIS intersection.

129.jpg

Here's sign that's rarely heeded:

switchback.jpg

Once there I found these critters:

CB1.jpg

They were brave enough to watch me get outsmarted by an onion ring. (It wasn't pretty, I'm here to tell ye'!)

CB2.jpg

Also note, we were the sore thumbs sticking out in Squid City. There was also a healthy contingent of the "Millwaukee Butt Jewelry Brigade there.

Post meal and gas shot:

sore%20thumbs.jpg

These two have been riding along with me for the past few weeks. They are GREAT company and I speak with them often while riding my beloved roads in this area. This way, I get to show Shannon all the roads I would've liked to have shown him while on this plane.

companions.jpg

This is where I stopped on my way back to say goodbye to Mr. Nunley and thank him for letting me meet and spend some time with his friends. Once done, I put the iPod on and listened to a playlist I assembled that is a collection of tunes for him. Nothing terribly specific. These are things that either remind me of him, or stuff I think he would've enjoyed. It's also pretty cool to ride through the mountains to.

Goodbye.jpg

I included a CD of this stuff with the package. PLEASE copy it and send it along to the next rider(s).

Also, if anyone want's to check it out, it's here (for educational purposes of course!) :

http://homepage.mac.com/itchybro/BeautyshopMedia/

pass: beauty

Once you're in it should be east to figure out.

Once again, THANKS to all for letting me be a part of this. It's one of the coolest gestures I've encountered.

Phil Fuson

Knoxville

FON.jpg

Kenny Haynes

Good job Phil, sorry I couldn't ride with you saturday. I like the old road to Walland too.

Archived