IGNORED

Unrally Check-In Thread

Spikes_Wife

aTennesseebmw22

Hi All,

I finally had a chance to post my safe return...I've been very busy since I got back at 10:30 central time Saturday night.After I left at 12:00 oclock Thursday from the KOA, I rode the Skyline Drive and all 469 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway through Chattanooga Tn,then back to my house, 20 miles north of Nashville. Seven days, 2,261 miles of mostly back country roads. Im lovin it. It was a great week, I really enjoyed the UNrally, Well Done to all involved in putting this fine event together. Im happy to be part of such a great bunch of people.Hey were those great roads or WHAT? Ride safe... Until we meet again. David.

Home in 13 hrs, 923 miles.

with that tire change mark and i made, it was 13 hrs and 545 miles crazy.gif

i really feel like i got home today - saturday morning i got on a train for DC for a conference, got back last night late, and was up early for orientation at my new - maternity - position!!

NOW i'm home, and it's time to mow the grass...

thanks to spike and patti, you worked hard and the un was awesome.

it was great to meet so many of you, see you at gunnison! thumbsup.gif

Paul Mihalka
it was great to meet so many of you, see you at gunnison! thumbsup.gif

It was great to meet you and yes, see you in Gunnison clap.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

Tom (boney) and I arrived home after some eventful weather in Nebraska/Wyoming! Thankfully, in the scheme of things, the trip home was UNeventful. We split about 30 miles from our respective homes, so I'll let him post his check-in.

It was wonderful meeting all the right coasters, and our Un-Organizers were the BEST!

We ended up doing a Bun-Burner on Sunday/Monday, but didn't plan or document it. Tom is an animal!

We did have bug issues yesterday coming through Nevada, and I'll let Tom post some pics of the results.

It was a wonderful trip, and I hope to see you all again soon, at least in Gunnison, but sooner would be better!

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Oh yeah, what an adventure...

The moto was ready friday morning as promised. What a great bunch of people, those Hammersley folks.

Riding out of Nebraska we encountered a storm that had wave after wave of HEAVY rain and WIND. Then we rode through the eye, and got the same treatment from the other side. WOW!

In 3 miles of highway going down the hill into Salt Lake City, we used more sidewall of our tires then we used in the entrie distance of Nebraska and Wyoming combined.

If you want a Lime-ish colored bike, go to Winnemucca Nevada:

517421-UnRally2005064_small.jpg

The bugs swarm in mini-tornado like clouds everywhere. It must be the high water.

Thanks Patti and Spike for all your hard work. Great job!

517421-UnRally2005064_small.jpg.a6bd70e077da4d6c7a971569ff9924bc.jpg

russell_bynum

We made it home last night after 4281 miles in the truck and 2000ish miles on the bikes.

We had way too much fun, and Spike and Patti did a great job unorganizing this event!

Sitting at work today wishing it was last week! Last week at this time, I was exploring the Virginia country side on my moto!

I've never done so much riding in my life! About 2000 miles in 5 days. (That's a lot for me!) Thank you, thank you, thank you to David, Mark and Christine for leading us on some EXCELLENT roads! I had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just need to work on my endurance a bit, then head out there for more fun. Christine, I should have followed you some more...you really ride VERY well, and I could have learned some things. David, thanks for hanging with me, and I learned some things from you (mainly that you are one smooth mofo, and I'd be doing well to ride HALF as good as you!) Hope to see you all again at Barber!

Spike, Patti, EXCELLENT unRally! Thanks for all your efforts. As a corporate event planner, I know how hard it is to make these things look easy! smile.gif

As Paperbutt once said, I love all you people!

Glad to see you both made it back. It was a real pleasure to play Tour Guide for a few days. The more I hear about what Russell did to my GS for 250 miles, though, the more I'm thinking this was a big conspiracy. smile.gif

russell_bynum

The more I hear about what Russell did to my GS for 250 miles, though, the more I'm thinking this was a big conspiracy.

grin.gif

Whatever I may or may not have done to it was certainly not as bad as the stuff it you did to it on the GS ride. thumbsup.gif

Whatever I may or may not have done to it was certainly not as bad as the stuff it you did to it on the GS ride. thumbsup.gif

HAHAHAHAHAH clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

StretchMark

Glad to see you made it back, Russell and Lisa!

It was certainly our pleasure showing you guys around.

I'd like to say I saw what happened to the GS, but you were soooo much faster than me on the gravel I could not keep you in sight. I just didn't feel comfortable going over 65mph on gravel.

russell_bynum

I'd like to say I saw what happened to the GS, but you were soooo much faster than me on the gravel I could not keep you in sight. I just didn't feel comfortable going over 65mph on gravel.

I was amazed at how little damage there was considering the tumble. I'll bet David never notices that the left saddlebag is missing. cool.gif

Steve_Witmer

I made it home without incident. Thanks to you all for coming to visit us here in Virginia and thanks to Patti and Spike for all their hard work. Special awards for valor to those who were willing to risk getting lost in West Virginia with me at the front of a ride. grin.gif

It was great meeting you all and I'll be seeing you again at a future event (although probably not Gunnison).

Les is more

We had a nice easy 300 miles as our last leg in from Gila Bend and it was a mere 96 degrees or so most of the way. tongue.gif

Third best moment of the day was having an Infinity blow by us doing about 95 mph, deciding that he looked just like one of the rabbits at the Un, hearing the "instant on" warning ring out on the V1 and then watching the on-coming AZ Highway Patrol pull a u turn in the median and gun it to catch the infinity as we innocently cruised by at the speed limit. smile.gif

Second best moment was arriving home to find all of the demolition done on the kitchen remodel, all the new windows and sky lights framed in and to be able to envision a spectacular final product.

First best moment was the successful completion of another incredible trip with my favorite riding partner, the man I love, after having enjoyed a rockin' good time with our BMWST.com family. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Made it home 6/9 about 2pm. The Unrally was my first. It will not be my last. Looking forward to Colorado next year. Maybe the East Coast crew could do a group ride of some kind to next years event. Made many new friends. Thanks to all for your advice and assistance. This was a significant learning experience for me. Again thanks to all. Kind Regards, Dave Preddy

We had a nice easy 300 miles as our last leg in from Gila Bend and it was a mere 96 degrees or so most of the way.

Glad to hear that it finally cooled off for you guys! wink.gif

Yes, thats right, I just made it home. After the Un broke up I went up into MD and PA for a day. After that I toodled around WV for a couple of days and then headed up into OH. I made it to WI for my meeting right on time Monday. I spent a few days at Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI and headed home today. Got to ride some great roads and meet some fun folks over the last two weeks. I can't wait to do it again.

Al

Well, it was an uneventful 180 miles home crazy.gif, but what a great Un! Hats off to cyphergirl and Spike. Jennifer (SO) and I were so inspired that we went camping again this past weekend.

If you guys thought the screened tent thing that I brought on the bike was big, you should see our new estate! Jennifer decided a two-person tent wouldn't do so.... Well, you'll see at the next event.

Thanks everyone for such a great time. Not driving 3,000 miles this year confirmed for me that the Un is about getting together with great folks and not just getting in a long ride clap.gif

Cheers!

BeniciaRT_GT
Well, it was an uneventful 180 miles home crazy.gif, but what a great Un! Hats off to cyphergirl and Spike. Jennifer (SO) and I were so inspired that we went camping again this past weekend.

If you guys thought the screened tent thing that I brought on the bike was big, you should see our new estate! Jennifer decided a two-person tent wouldn't do so.... Well, you'll see at the next event.

Thanks everyone for such a great time. Not driving 3,000 miles this year confirmed for me that the Un is about getting together with great folks and not just getting in a long ride clap.gif

Cheers!

Even the sheep in the midwest Omish country agree with that last statement! blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

And I can't wiat to see you show up with Jen and a mobile home on the RT in Gunnison!

Archived