IGNORED

The Excited Chatter Thread!

Ken H.

This thread serves if no other purpose than a place to carry on about how PUMPED we are that it's getting close!

For our part we're leaving town THIS Sunday for an Alberta tour (and do the immigration thing) then to be back down to John Day on the 8th!

Can't wait!

See you all there!

Cheers!

I am so excited. This will be my first BMW ride in over 3 years and I am so ready.

I'm planning on getting to about Susanville Monday the 7th. Does anybody have a motel/restaurant recommendation around there. I am camping at the fairgrounds so I'd like a notch up from Super 8 and something with a restaurant with in walking distance. Is there a better choice than Susanville along 395?

Just got my new Caberg TRIP, installed autocom thingys, supposed to be quieter. New Laminar lip spoiler for the GT, supposed to be quieter (less turbulence). Got all my battery chargers laid out to pack, blue tooth junk.

Okay we are pumped here, can't wait.

I've been burning music to my memory card for the Zumo.

All I really need is some Steppenwolf :grin: to send me off to the Un in style!

Yep. Leaving this Saturday and flying into LA Sunday.

Spend a week there then drive over for 3 days in Las Vegas, head on up via Death Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Sonora and Winnemucca arriving JDO on the 6th. Unfortunately we have to leave on the 9th to overnight in Portland before flying out on the 10th.

Anybody seeing a family in a convertable by the side of the road scratching their heads please stop and tell 'em where to go !

Cheers and see you soon, (You can see I'm gettin' a bit jiggy!!)

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
4 Weeks!!!!!!
Aaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Ummm, can I have another 4 weeks? :grin:

All I really need is some Steppenwolf

Try Bob Seger ("Roll Me Away")with a dash of Tom Petty ("Refugee"). Just not before you're ready to hit the road, otherwise you'll have premature jubilation!

lEAVING early morning the 4th of Jule-Lie..! Figuring out how I'm gonna get all that stuff on my Sprint...hmmmmmmmmm

I may be wearing just my speedo's - so beware..!

Paul Mihalka

I may be wearing just my speedo's - so beware..!

Scary thought! Now I REALLY have to go to John Day. I wouldn't want to miss THAT! :grin:

I'm leaving the 4th of July as well, and will spend the night in Sault St. Marie Michigan (hope there isn't a long line at the border). I plan to be in John Day on the Tuesday. Now I just have to get a set of tires.

Firefight911

312004831_HBPAG-S.jpg

I'm relegated to merely drinking the kool-aid on this one. Dr. has unequivocally stated that OR is not in my future.

However, it find it very interesting that after my Dr. appt. yesterday, Jamie dragged me (kicking and screaming) to A&S BMW and picked up a new set of Olympia riding pants along with a waterproof soft case to supplement the hard case for "packing the essentials" for some trip she says she is going on to, of all places, Oregon. She even mentioned some guy by the name of John Day.

I told her that he is a dead man!!!!!!

290578374_H4aQk-S.jpg

I heard her speaking with her co-worker confirming work coverage, she buys motorcycle apparel AND luggage, she talks of some John Day guy, . . . .

God help ALL you people when she gets there!!!!!

I ran into Steves1150plus50 at Brown's this morning while our bikes were being serviced. It was good to talk to another guy who was around way back when, lot's of good memories.

Steve and Jennifer I'll see you in John Day! My bike got done right after yours, I hope you made your appointment.

gregg

312004831_HBPAG-S.jpg

I'm relegated to merely drinking the kool-aid on this one. Dr. has unequivocally stated that OR is not in my future.

However, it find it very interesting that after my Dr. appt. yesterday, Jamie dragged me (kicking and screaming) to A&S BMW and picked up a new set of Olympia riding pants along with a waterproof soft case to supplement the hard case for "packing the essentials" for some trip she says she is going on to, of all places, Oregon. She even mentioned some guy by the name of John Day.

I told her that he is a dead man!!!!!!

290578374_H4aQk-S.jpg

I heard her speaking with her co-worker confirming work coverage, she buys motorcycle apparel AND luggage, she talks of some John Day guy, . . . .

God help ALL you people when she gets there!!!!!

Hmmm.... beat out by a dead guy. Not so good.

We're really gonna miss you.

Jan

The shirt for 2008 UN Rally has been designed!

Image coming very soon!

Hope you all have registered to get yours!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
The shirt for 2008 UN Rally has been designed!

Image coming very soon!

Hope you all have registered to get yours!

What Tony really means to say is that you'll see the image when you get your tee-shirt at the Un. Right, Tony?

I have ordered extra tees for those of you who have not yet registered, so long as you're the size that I have chosen. :grin:

Seriously though, if we don't have your size or if you just show up at John Day we'll mail you a tee after the event.

New tires, serviced and packed itchin to ride................... so I'ma going to ride south and see Pop in Ripon, Calif. this weekend(1000 miles) and see if the RT is in shape to ride over to John Day (267Miles).

I'm getting real excited to see all's ya

Yep. Leaving this Saturday and flying into LA Sunday.

Spend a week there then drive over for 3 days in Las Vegas, head on up via Death Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Sonora and Winnemucca arriving JDO on the 6th. Unfortunately we have to leave on the 9th to overnight in Portland before flying out on the 10th.

Anybody seeing a family in a convertable by the side of the road scratching their heads please stop and tell 'em where to go !

Cheers and see you soon, (You can see I'm gettin' a bit jiggy!!)

SWEEEEEEET!!!!! It'll be great to meet you finally, Mark! :)

But . . . leave the Huntsman's at home, would ya?? :D

Well, it looks like we'll have THREE continents represented at this UnRally! WooHoo!

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...and whip up another batch of kool-aid. I just got back from a visit with my surgeon. He said my gall bladder has to go and I can't go to John Day.

Tim,

That sucks!

Please keep us posted on your progress.

What is it with everyone falling to pieces this year????

Paul_Burkett

Fired Up? I feel like Garth when Aerosmith showed up on the Waynes World set. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Excellent. Party on.

Paul Mihalka
Seventeen days till I turn left on 395 for 800 miles or so. I can hardly wait!

9 days till I go out the door at Battley Cycles BMW (where I work) to my packed R1200GS and and head West on I70. My mind is already somewhere in Kansas :grin:

Firefight911
My mind is already somewhere in Kansas :grin:

Somebody's looking for the wizard!!!

Just follow the yellow brick road, Paul!!

Emerald_City_3.jpg

My mind is already somewhere in Kansas :grin:

Somebody's looking for the wizard!!!

Just follow the yellow brick road, Paul!!

Emerald_City_3.jpg

dEWD...

that looks like MY driveway...!!!

AdventurePoser

All I gotta do is put some money in my wallet, grab my cell phone, and pack the bike, and we are ready to go...

Extensive planning? That's us all the way!

Steve in So Cal

Departure Date 7/1/08. Unplanned routes,crack of dawn departures no motel reservations, my solo earth bound barnstorming journey is twelve days away. :grin:

See ya soon.

Firefight911

So it is official, I have secured Phil as puppy sitter and I am in for the UN!!!!!!!

Arriving on the 7th!!!!!!

I am soooooo IN!!!!

I will be riding, still figuring routing and company. But Ill be on my 800. :Cool:

Sadly, I have to bail on the UN due to an unresolved EWS (not the antenna ring) failure/problem that ain't gonna be fixed in time.

Canceled my res. at America's Best Value Inn, if anyone needs a motel room.

Y'all have fun and keep us updated!

I have just as much fun planning as going. I've been programing, mapping, checking out camping gear, emailing friends and family in the area, and just generally thinking about this trip now for weeks. When I'm planning a ride I get to do it in my head over and over before hand. I love this whole process, BUT I haven't ridden nearly as many miles as Steve and Jenifer and certainly not in the last two years. Heck they live close by but the first time I met them in person was years ago up the California Coast way up above Monterey on Hwy 1 at a gas station! I want to be like Steve when I grow up :=)

just knocking off the kms. road the Dempster Hwy. on Monday, got back to Dawson city wednesday afternoon, staying here still today to see the sights and catch the D2D event with the Alaska riders.

have to attend a meeting monday in edmonton so got more saddle time coming

can't wait for my reun down to John Day, ... should be in on monday evening

I'm getting very excited.... I need this trip :grin: . Riding is a real stress reliever for me and this pass month has been VERY stressful... life (reality) just seems to hit all at once :eek:.

The bike was starting to act up, but I think with some helpful advise and Richard's keen mechanical abilities it's running pretty good now... and my new brackets for my Jesse bags should be here any day! :clap:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, meeting a few I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting, and riding some great roads where it's a little cooler then here right now...

I'll be packed and ready by this weekend, Richard the night before :eek:.

Fourteen days and counting :clap::):clap::):clap:

just knocking off the kms. road the Dempster Hwy. on Monday, got back to Dawson city wednesday afternoon, staying here still today to see the sights and catch the D2D event with the Alaska riders.

You LUCKY guy!!!! I was on the Dempster a year ago......The Alaska riders are a great group and have a lot of fun with D2D... I was there in spirit this past weekend.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I'll be happy when the morning of the 12th rolls around. :grin:

Seriously though, this has been a thrill-a-minute exercise. Hopefully everybody will enjoy it as much as we have.

Just put 1300 miles on the bike to see if it will make it to the Un, which is close to 265 miles from home, I'm happy to report that its running just FINE.

I'd leave it packed but i love packing for a ride. So i'll repack on the 5th of July

Damn, slept right through the alarm this morning. (or it didn't work.) Leaving in 1/2 hour, an hour and a half late.

See you all soon!

I was showing some clients a home Sunday afternoon and they asked about timing on making an offer. I told them you can either put it in tomorrow or wait until after I get back from my BMW ride to Oregon! They put it in yesterday. I am so excited....business comes a distance second.

12 days and counting...YIPEE!

Gregg

I'm hitting the road early next Friday -- yes, your glorious 4th of July. First night is in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan (hope there's no long line at the border). Day 2 is Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Day 3 is Miles City, Montana. Day 4 is Missoula, Montana. Finally, Day 5 is John Day. That's about 4,200 kms/2,600 mi. I'm also going to be hooking up with HandyAndy on Day 1 and riding out together. After the Un, my wife is flying out to Portland and we'll be spending two weeks on the bike before she flies home from Calgary. Can't wait.

The only major item left on my "to do" list is a new set of tires. I'm riding to Montreal this Friday to have a set of Pilot Road 2s installed, so I'll be all set to go.

Thanks again to Steve for all his hard work.

You LUCKY guy!!!! I was on the Dempster a year ago......The Alaska riders are a great group and have a lot of fun with D2D... I was there in spirit this past weekend.

met Barb and some of the crew form Alaska leather at the D2D, great people, and also some crazies. i road out of Dawson saturday morning and was in edmonton sunday evening.

Just for the record the UNshirts have been sent to our fearless leader Steve! :thumbsup:

I had to finish them by Sunday night and boy did I cut it close... 10:30 PM... Lori and I had a flight out to visit family the next morning at 7am!!! (Currently logged in from Wisconsin)

Steve will be getting a large box of SUPER AWESOME UNRally shirts tomorrow afternoon.

Y'all just wait... you're going to like them! :clap:

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dood! I get mine first, nanner nanner! Okay third technically, since Tony swiped two off the top.

Archived