IGNORED

Mrs Whip says it's ready!!!!!

Whip

Good luck with this.

I found the KS to be a bit too twitchy in the (extremely) tight twisties for my wife to have much fun.

It does not have a back rest like our (old school) GT does & that makes a big difference.

Good luck with this.

I found the KS to be a bit too twitchy in the (extremely) tight twisties for my wife to have much fun.

It does not have a back rest like our (old school) GT does & that makes a big difference.

Nothin twitchy about it.....the most stable bike I've ever been on.....and it has a back rest.....

Whip

Yikes!

I don't know what I like better. The K sport, or the lawn..

MB>

The Lawn!

Thanks

A lot of work goes into that lawn. I only worry about 1/3 of it the rest of the 3 acres is rather ugly......but you better lay off the lawn or this will be moved to "Other Topics" section

:wave:

Whip

"A lot of work goes into that lawn. "

Did Gonzalez tell you that or is that just from observation? :grin:

We really gotta get that LMAO little guy back!!

[

Whip

Hey Billy

Ya want I should come over and teach ya how to use that keyboard.

WTF is that mess.........did Frappy do that????????

Flush.gif

313634887_RUfD3-XL.jpg

I have the back up Mrs. Whip chair ready in case I have to get her back to San Antonio if she hates the R.

We think ahead in the K Bike Section Club.

313634887_RUfD3-XL.jpg

I have the back up Mrs. Whip chair ready in case I have to get her back to San Antonio if she hates the R.

:thumbsup::clap: I'll just use these guys for LMAO guy. Maybe poor Haverkamp doesn't visit the K-Bike forum. I don't think they make a K-Burgman. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Jan

[

Whip

Hey Billy

Flush.gif

LOL...Frappy's much too smart to have done that...Haven't you ever heard the phrase "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"

I was still trying to learn how to post on the old board... :dopeslap:

Nothin twitchy about it.....the most stable bike I've ever been on.....and it has a back rest.....

The twitchy I was referring to is throttle.

There is a lot of ponies (167) crammed into that right grip (S) & its hardest to be smooth in the extreme twisties out in my neck of the woods.

And yes as stated a back rest makes a big difference.

There is a lot of ponies (167) crammed into that right grip (S) & its hardest to be smooth in the extreme twisties out in my neck of the woods.

Me thinks I've seen that twitch. :thumbsup:

Okay......I know what your talkin about now.

The FJR had some of that.

So far mid-corner throttle corrections are very smooth. They may have figured out the mapping. Then again I haven't really tried it two up yet. I'll let ya know next week. I won't spare the rod, if it sucks I'll tell ya.

Whip

We only get the S and R here in Australia, no R Sport. Whip,does the R Sport have the higher S engine power or the lower R engine power? How does the FJR power, handling, seating position and anything else you wish to comment compare to your new BMW. I believe you are tall (around 6'3". I am 6'4") and for an upcoming trip I may hire or buy and FJR but I want handling,comfort and grunt.

Me thinks I've seen that twitch. :thumbsup:

Naaaaa!

All you saw was the cloud of settling shards of rubber(if even that) :grin:

Larry, I'm sure you & Louise will do just fine on the new scoot.

If not, then we all look forward to the next chapter.

Maybe poor Haverkamp doesn't visit the K-Bike forum. I don't think they make a K-Burgman. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Jan

I would not bet on it as prier to his present ride he had two K bikes.

Calvin  (no socks)

Sport touring with an attitude!

Yes, the lawn is sweet. I'm late on the "other topic" thing. :eek:

313634887_RUfD3-XL.jpg

That's our thoughtful Tom, always ready to come to the aid of a lovely lady in distress. :thumbsup:

[

Whip

Hey Billy

Flush.gif

You notice he even had to edit it. I wonder how bad it was before the edit! :eek:

Paul Mihalka

Whip

I'm happy to read this after your early reservations on the suspension. Does it work better now or are you just getting used to each other?

Whip

I'm happy to read this after your early reservations on the suspension. Does it work better now or are you just getting used to each other?

Little bit of each I imagine.......

Ohlins will be here tomorrow, then we shall see.

Whip

Larry,

New shocks will make a big improvement on your bike. The ESA shocks are not bad for off the shelf one up touring but they are not adjustable enough for my tastes. If BMW made the ESA shocks adjustable then you could re-set the pre-load and damping for each ESA selection then dial that setting up on the ESA. That and making the shocks rebuild-able would truly be the Schnizel!

I put the Wilburs on my K12S and they were plug and play. I can not say enough good things about the the Wilburs shocks. Each set is hand made, customized for your bike, weight and riding style. Having owned Ohlins previously I believe the Wilburs are a cut above the Ohlins in build quality and definitely in performance. They are simply sublime on the track. I still can not chase down the smaller bikes on the tight corners but the Wilburs handle even ripples going into tight corners with aplomb.

By the way just how many bikes deep is the bike harem these days?

Cheers!

Todd

Don...

You have heard about kids that play with a new toy for 15minutes then never touch it again? Well think of Whip and subtract 12minutes :)

Mr.Whip,

You and I traded some info on the FJR a few years back. Curious as to why you dumped it in favor of the K?

Many...many carefree happy miles on the FJR.

The jury is still out on the K. One EWS failure and I'll leave it on the side of the road. :grin:

........then buy that Black FJR.

Whip

BTW...I'll answer your question better when I get back from Ouray III.

Mr.Whip,

Try as I might I just can't get my mind around that.. :/

Please get Frappy to help ya with the keyboard......

Leave poor Frappy out of this. Bad enough she has to ride with the Lawman once in a while. Must be tough to try and get the wind over your nose when the driver never shifts out of 2nd!

:)

bakerzdosen

Whip,

I was going to ask what kind of seat you got, but you were kind enough to put the original on Smugmug, so it's easy to see it's a Corbin. It looks great overall man.

How to you like that Laminar lip?

Whip,

How to you like that Laminar lip?

It helps, but I'll have a better idea after this weekend.....Ouray!!!

Whip

Archived