IGNORED

Les and Jamie's (mostly) Excellent UnRally-IV Adventure!

KMG_365

John Ranalletta

I know they're around here somewhere because they used the shower and did a load of wash.

We had a prior commitment so Tasker took them to dinner. We'll surely see them later. Hope they're home before curfew.

Couchrocket

who popped me for my headlight modulator
[Hi-jack] Federal regs supersede -- headlight modulator is legal in all 50 states. Stuff it up the LEO's nose, he/she should know better.

Check this LINK [End-Hi-jack]

John Ranalletta

Sock Monkey was underwent emergency medical treatment during the night for injuries sustained during the trip. More details and pictures to follow. J & L will leave Indy early AM, heading to DC.

Parrothead

The monkey had an accident on my blue RT, now my rear tail light will not function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevada Parrothead

We're here!! thumbsup.gif

We pulled in around 8:25pm and met quite a few folks already. We're heading to bed and we'll try to post some more of the tale tomorrow.

We're here!! thumbsup.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I knew you two would make it, now get home right away, we miss you guys bncry.gif Oh, one more thing, UPS that dang monkey home.

Have Fun

I think I know what happened to Sock Monkey's eye!

24121288-M.jpg

But never fear! After some consultation with the best medical experts money could buy . . . .

24121299-M.jpg

Ruth Ranalletta got him all fixed up right as rain! blush.gif

Arrrgh! Avast, ye mateys!! Shiver me timbers and blow me down! If it ain't Sock Monkey the Pirate!! grin.gif

24121291-M.jpg

Umm....(???)

23930236-L.jpg

Nah. Never mind, I don't want to know. Most likely Sockypooh spiked Jamie's FD with a few ounces of COURVOISIER (or something)...

Les and Jamie,

It appears that it is an excellent adventure with great friends and a road repair thrown in. I'm glad to see that you're having fun on the road. BTW, tell the pirate monkey to put a sock in it. tongue.gif

I can explain that one . . . really!!

I bet you can, but will we believe it?

I always knew you had oil in your veins, now I know how it gets there. dopeslap.gif

We made it to Lake Charles, Louisiana after >700 miles-->500 of which were in driving rain courtesy of Tropical Storm Arlene! eek.gif

We left stretchmark and HoonTang's place NE of Atlanta, GA around 08:00 EDT and arrived here around 19:00 CDT. We took a roundabout route to cut as far west as we could--as fast as we could--before dropping south to the Gulf. It rained from the time we left Mark and Christine's driveway, until we hit LA. Then as we we crossed the state line from Mississippi, the skies cleared up and the temp climbed to 95*F! eek.gif

We'll post many more pics and work on captions and a proper 'Tale when I get back to work on Thursday. I'm at my Dad's place on dial-up with an ancient little gray box running Windoze 98! eek.gifdopeslap.gifgrin.gif

John Ranalletta

Here are a few pix from J&L's stay in Indy. They were snapped during the pair's prep and launch on Sunday morning.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Thanks for the pics, John and Ruth! thumbsup.gif

We made it to a hotel here in Van Horn, TX tonight. Man, it's been as hot as hell--when it's not been pouring down rain! eek.giffrown.gif

We saw another Glacier Green 1100RT with a green CeeBailey's screen in town across the street from the market, but we had just shopped for dinner and we had lettuce wilting on the bike and only got a chance to wave at him as we went to find a room (Hey, Sputnik, are you in Texas?? eek.gifblush.gif ). It had been a very long, and very hot day and it was still over 100*F when we got into town. tongue.gif

We stopped to visit a friend of ours in Austin yesterday and we'll (hopefully) make it to somewhere between Tucson and Gila Bend tomorrow. We're getting really sick of this heat. It's been over 90 most all of the trip, over 100 for quite a few hours--on more than a few days--and the only time it was below 82 was when it was raining! The highest temp I saw (while moving) was 110*F! blush.gif . . . but at least now it's a DRY heat! dopeslap.gif (Hi, Chris! grin.gif )

Dang! We sure had a great time at the UnRally and we can't thank Spike and Patti enough for all the hard work and for pulling off a real winner! thumbsup.gif

We're SO looking forward to Gunnison!! clap.gif

Folks, beware of the man (Jamie) with the hidden universal remote!!! He's only trying to make you THINK that you need a new TV!

steve.foote
Folks, beware of the man (Jamie) with the hidden universal remote!!! He's only trying to make you THINK that you need a new TV!

Can he come by our house? I want a new TV.

Can he come by our house? I want a new TV.

grin.gif

It's actually the totally AWESOME TV-B-Gone! Leslie gave it to me for my birthday and I take it everywhere--especially to work! thumbsup.gif

We're in Gila Bend in the Space Age Lodge! grin.gif

DAYUM!!!!! It was HOT today! We're getting really tired of everywhere we go, being told by the locals: "Gee this is really record setting temperatures today/this week! It's never normally this _____ this time of year!" eek.gif

We were in Georgia in late April and there was ice on the bikes when we left and it was 34*F in the middle of the day on the Cherohala Skyway--then we go back in June and it's 97*F and RAINING!!! Oh, and the first Tropical Storm of the season decides to grace us with hundreds of miles of rain, tornadoes and flood watches! eek.gif

We saw 114.8*F today in Tucson while moving down the road in heavy traffic--and I'll remind you--it's only early June!! I don't know how you people do it. And I thought the weather in San Diego sucked this year! grin.gif

Jamie, sorry to hear about the continuing cross-country heat wave...it hasn't really let up here yet, either! It's 'only' been in the high 80s for the last few days and I'm counting myself lucky to be able to ride in it.

And did you try to use your remote to turn the TV on at my house? It would have been tough, since my TV's not plugged in! (Of course, the fact that the futon faced away from the TV may have clued you in on that.)

Derek

Spikes_Wife
Dang! We sure had a great time at the UnRally and we can't thank Spike and Patti enough for all the hard work and for pulling off a real winner! thumbsup.gif

Awww.... *blush*

BIG thanks to you guys for your help in getting rhadd back to the campground and all of the coordination involved in the effort. We couldn't have pulled it off without you. Glad you had a SAFE trip back home. BTW Jamie, we switched to Verizon today; ended up getting LG 4500's. Cingular can kiss my butt. blush.gif

Archived