IGNORED

UnRally Routes are Up!

Spike

Hey guys, thanks for the routes!

How would you describe each of them? This one is good for a scenic pace..., this one is technical..., If you want __________ you should ride the __________ route, etc.

Thanks!

How would you describe each of them?

I would like to apologize to the S bike riders in advance grin.gifgrin.gif

Just kidding grin.gif

to quote Paul,

"All these roads are well paved, but some of it narrow, no lines, no shoulder, no guardrail.

They are all nice in different ways. "

Smokehole Route,

Mostly 2 lane with a center stripe,opportunity to drag a peg crossing the mountains,special technical section on CR 79. clap.gifAdequate fuel and food

Backwoods route.

Some 2 lane with a center stripe,but mostly,lane and a half thru the back country.RT 33 will bring a grin and there is a great overlook on the back side.After Franklin W.Va, there is no food or fuel,however Monterrey is just a short distance over the mountain from the intersection of Rt 250 & Rt 640,you will probably want to ride that section twice grin.gif

BRP Route,

Shortest route,with our version of a 6 mile,downhill "Dragon".Rt 56/crabtree falls Rd. If you are interested in riding more of the BRP turn around and ride back to the BRP and go south until you pick up RT 60 W

All routes are very scenic,so bring lots of storage and batteries for your camera. thumbsup.gif

Cell phones will be useless thumbsup.gif

Mileage between turns is computer generated eek.gif

Adequate Signage on most turns except,RT 17 off RT 28 very small sign/RT 26/640 off Rt 17 has no markings,watch your mileage between the turns. tongue.gif Backwoods Route

Have a great Ride clap.gif

My error code:

Mapsource could not open this map because it was created with a different version of Mapsource.

Huh?

My 2610 is not that old...

This thing drives me freak'n nuts! dopeslap.gif

My error code:

Mapsource could not open this map because it was created with a different version of Mapsource.

Huh?

My 2610 is not that old...

What version of Mapsource are you running? If it's lower than 6.5, download the update.

Lone_RT_rider
BRP Route,

Shortest route,with our version of a 6 mile,downhill "Dragon".Rt 56/crabtree falls Rd. If you are interested in riding more of the BRP turn around and ride back to the BRP and go south until you pick up RT 60 W

Todd,

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of adding on to your BRP route. I only added about 35 miles to it, but it's a choice section of Rt 501 that I dearly cherish. If anyone is interested I have attached it to this post.

Shawn

*note* The tried adding it to all the other routes and mapsource didn't like the waypoints being named the same as all the others. I went into the file and renamed the waypoints so this wouldn't happen. I re-uploaded the file again, if you already downloaded it please do it again.

511891-Blueridgewith501.gdb

Steve_Witmer

Huh?

My 2001 version of Streets and Trips refused to open the files as well. I went and bought the 2005 version for $14.99 after rebate and it was fine after it matched the data points.

All I can say regarding the back roads and Smoke Hole routes is "Well Done!"thumbsup.gif The Smoke Hole ride could be a long day for those who select it (not a complaint, just an observation). Streets and Trips shows it as 365 miles taking 9 hours 18 minutes with no breaks. Even if faster speeds are contemplated, breaks for gas, food and photos could make this a 10 hour day. clap.gif If I do that, I'd want to start very early and fill the platypus with hot coffee! Drat, that means more time lost to bathroom breaks. eek.gif Sometimes you just can't win.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of adding on to your BRP route. I only added about 35 miles to it, but it's a choice section of Rt 501 that I dearly cherish. If anyone is interested I have attached it to this post.

Shawn,

Looks good,That will give us a bit more BRP time for the folks that haven't had the opportunity to ride it.

Steve,

Smoke Hole ride could be a long day for those who select it (not a complaint, just an observation). Streets and Trips shows it as 365 miles taking 9 hours 18 minutes with no breaks.

Hmmmm,My S&T and Mapsource both say about 325 miles,and I rode the route in sections,so I don't have the exact mileage.Should you run short on time, eek.gifScenic Rt 150 could be bypassed by continuing south on Rt 219 and turning east on Rt39 in Marlington,w. Va.That would cut off maybe 40 miles.

Hmmmm,My S&T and Mapsource both say about 325 miles,and I rode the route in sections,so I don't have the exact mileage.Should you run short on time, eek.gifScenic Rt 150 could be bypassed by continuing south on Rt 219 and turning east on Rt39 in Marlington,w. Va.That would cut off maybe 40 miles.

But if you make it that far 150 is worth the extra 40 miles. "Scenic" is part of its name for a reason clap.gif

What version of Mapsource are you running? If it's lower than 6.5, download the update

I'm running 5.2, but Garmin says that they only have 6.0, and it's $150 for the download.

Hmmm...

Archived