IGNORED

Baehr com unit on R1200RT???

mmmoore

Anyone heard anything on a Baehr unit for the R1200RT yet? I heard one rumor that the R1150RT unit would plug into the new radio/CB unit. Any comments yet on new radio unit having MP3 capability??

Thanks in advance thumbsup.gif

My German is survival at best but it appears to be an updated R1150RT unit. All of the usual's I'd expect from Baehr so it should show up in the US in 3-4 months. Thanks a lot! clap.gif

• 2 months later...
Peter Collins

Challenger Motors Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand has the Baehr 1200RT communications system in stock. Their web site has the same information as posted in ther previous post but in english. Contact is Tony. ]www.challengermotors.com.nz

I have one on my RT12....only been two weeks....it seems to work very well....voice activation works much better than the Harley's....sound quality is very good with CDs...I have some issues with the radio reception, but that has nothing to do with BAEHR...I'm getting a local BMW mechcanic to put the jacks in a more permanent location...currently they are hanging out from under the seat and are a problem for the driver to use....they are also going to scatch the paint(can't have that) it does have a jack for a Mp3 player, I haven't tried it...I did hook up my Roadie and it works good...just need to clean up the wireing a little. I would say I'm a very satified customer so far.... thumbsup.gif

Peter Collins

Larry, would you be able to post pictures of your install. How it connects to the radio and power source and any other vital information, How diffacult was the install? How long did it take? Anny suggestions?

I had the dealer do the install and if they could do it anyone could.....I don't know how to post pictures...I just learned how to e-mail last week....lol..BAEHR has good tech help and a easy to read web site....sorry I cannot help more.....

I have the Baehr XL on my R12RT.. Works great.. I mounted it under the left side panel, under the seats (no pictures, sorry).. So far no compliants, only a satisfied user.. I'm using XM (with FM modualtion) at the moment, and have a PTT on the Baere for use with a GMRS radio.

I used the standard XL and interfaced it to the stock (sucks wind) radio using the Baehr R1150RT radio interface cord.. Pretty much plug and play, once you strip off all the body work and tank.

Craig

Archived