IGNORED

Location, location, location...

Tasker

russell_bynum

(Gleno, doing his impersonation of "Officer Friendly" - )

"Good afternoon, sir. Did you realize you were going 95mph... .... OVER THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT!?!?!?!"

And he woulda been correct, too!

LOL!!!

My favorite was when the same park ranger stopped Steve Asvitt two years in a row. The second time, he pulls Steve over, gets out of his car, asks for Steve's license and registration, then looks at Steve and says "Didn't we have this conversation last year?" thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Yes, I'm alive, and haven't forgotten about Un 2006.

Here is a brief update:

I'm having regular discussions with the chambers, hotels and camping properties in both Gunnision and Montrose. I've added Montrose to the mix as it is the only real alternative to Gunnison, in terms of access to facilities and riding routes. The other reason I added Montrose to the mix is that I felt that I needed a back-up location due to the current challenges with hotels in Gunnison.

Here is part of the text from a recent message from the folks who now own the KOA in Gunnison:

"...several of your members have already booked our Cottage and all of our cabins for that time. So unfortunately we are sold out of that product. Fortunately it has all gone to your group. The rest of the campground has ample availability, but we always suggest that campers book early to hold their space."

A new Holiday Inn Express is under construction in Gunnision and should be complete by the upcoming ski season. I've been told by the chamber that it will be a great property and that there will be a nice area next to the hotel that would accomodate our evening BBQ get-together. It will also be large enough to accomodate those who are not camping, rather than having to split everyone up because of limited space in the older properties. I am working on more details about that property.

If the housing pieces come together soon as they should, we need to get the housing options posted. Since "our" group has reserved all the cabins at the KOA, that leaves roughly 58 tent spaces.

Based on what I now know, I am favoring a return to Gunnison however, the chamber in Montrose has been applying the full-court press, for sure. The challenge there is camping. They have several beautiful, affordable, new hotels, but most of the camping has been turned into RV parks.

There you go!

Archived