IGNORED

Where?

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

OK...where's it gonna be? Gunny again? That's hard to beat as far as being right in the middle of the good roads...

Yeah, dont bother him, hes working on the shirts for Un '05!! You cant talk to him without asking me first!!!

PhillyFlash

How about Naturita, CO. Right at the intersection of 145, 141, and 90. Hey, Tool, remember that ride up 141, riding for over an hour without ever passing a car, the mountains with blue rocks, and then the red rock canyon that seemed to go on forever?

Just kidding about Naturita (I think). Although that road (141) remains one of my best memories from last summer (it beats Rock Springs) and I can't wait to ride it again.

Oh, yeah, Gunnison is good for me. Good location with great riding all around it, and less congested than Durango. But Durango ain't too bad, either.

(just doing my part to keep the thread moving.)

Joe Frickin' Friday
How about Naturita, CO. Right at the intersection of 145, 141, and 90. Hey, Tool, remember that ride up 141, riding for over an hour without ever passing a car, the mountains with blue rocks, and then the red rock canyon that seemed to go on forever?

Just kidding about Naturita (I think). Although that road (141) remains one of my best memories from last summer (it beats Rock Springs) and I can't wait to ride it again.

Ha! I bought gas in Naturita last May on the way back from Torrey. I think it was RD who recommended 46/90 east after heading south from Moab. And then yes, I took 141 up that long canyon. Surprised several cows on the road. eek.gif

Perhaps not the most developed location for an Un, but yes, good roads... thumbsup.gif

I don't like the thought of it being in gunny simply because it will be assumed that there was no "new" thinking behind it. But in being the person who (after consultation with Tom Roe) proposed Gunny for the first one, I can tell you from the time I've spent in CO that you'd be hard pressed to find a place that leads to so many other great places.

There are some incredible places and incredible rides in Colorado that have nothing to do with Gunnison. But I was hard pressed to find a "central point" that served as many spectacular and long loops as Gunnison did. Not that Gunny isn't in and of itself a beautiful place. But there are better "spots" although not too many better "hubs."

But I haven't been everywhere in CO. And wherever it is held, it will be spectacular and it will lead to good riding. And I stand ready to learn something new.

Archived