IGNORED

Raincoat New Product Announcement..

themenz

As per the user agreement you carefully read and digested when joining tongue.gif:

Rule 10:

If you own or are part of a motorcycle related, commercial enterprise you may make a one time announcement to the board. After that you may put a link in your signature line as your only reference to your business.

This post constitutes your one-time announcement

But it should go in bike related

Andy

Looked at the demo video just because. While it seems to make the large drop of water roll off with ease I didn't see anything at all that gave me the impression that this would work any better than rain-x when it comes to dealing with lite spray. IMO It's the lite stuff that is the problem... big drops are no big deal if your shield is in good condition.

Looked at the demo video just because. While it seems to make the large drop of water roll off with ease I didn't see anything at all that gave me the impression that this would work any better than rain-x when it comes to dealing with lite spray. IMO It's the lite stuff that is the problem... big drops are no big deal if your shield is in good condition.

I thought rain-x was a no-no on plastic?

I have that for the lexan(sp) windshields

Ah... Did not know that. In anycase... I still wonder if this product helps in anyway when dealing with a lite mist. I believe that big drops of water are just too easy to shed and that's all the video covers.

Ed G makes a good point, that mist is a problem on our shields. You get behind a big truck or if you are in a fog, mist causes vision problems.

Raincoat makes larger drops fall with gravity almost instantly as you see in the video. As the drops get smaller, Raincoat beads them up and they blow off with the wind. Even the smallest drops bead up and appear smaller but it takes more wind to get rid of them. It is hard to show all that in a 60 second video.

Raincoat is not perfect at getting rid of the smallest drops. But it is the best out there by far. And it is guaranteed. If you don't like the way it handles mist, let me know and I will refund your purchase price and shipping.

Ed G makes a good point, that mist is a problem on our shields. You get behind a big truck or if you are in a fog, mist causes vision problems.

Raincoat makes larger drops fall with gravity almost instantly as you see in the video. As the drops get smaller, Raincoat beads them up and they blow off with the wind. Even the smallest drops bead up and appear smaller but it takes more wind to get rid of them. It is hard to show all that in a 60 second video.

Raincoat is not perfect at getting rid of the smallest drops. But it is the best out there by far. And it is guaranteed. If you don't like the way it handles mist, let me know and I will refund your purchase price and shipping.

Wish everything came with that sort of guarantee.

Wish everything came with that sort of guarantee.
I haven't tried the latest formulation, but I have to say that I was involved in some of the tests of the product a year or so ago so I can vouch for the effort that was going into getting the formula right. The testing was run in a very disciplined way with results being asked for various precipitation events (rain, mist, snow), differing conditions and on different shields. I got the impression he was serious about getting it right. As an engineering geek type, I appreciate that kind of approach.

(no affiliation with the product outside of early testing)

I have a feeling the inventor/seller is going to make a lot of sales ($$$$$$) with this product. Where do I order? hee, hee.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Sounds very interesting. How about a "Promotion Code", maybe free shipping or something for the first 100 of us that try it? thumbsup.gifclap.gif

markgoodrich

So, Menz, one question your fog video didn't address: how often do I have to apply the stuff to my helmet visor? Looks like a great product.

xbubblehead
how often do I have to apply the stuff to my helmet visor?
lurker.gif

Appears to work great, thinkin bout getting some myself.

First, how about a name. Just fill in your bio (go to Home Page). It's always nice to know who you're talking to.

Second, congratulations on your product. Two questions as they relate to my experiences with Rain-X. Is it safe to use your product on the hard coating that Shoei, Arai and others use on their face shields. And with Rain-X I have had a sudden explosion of glare render me almost blind when the sun hits it at extreme angles. This is both on my bike and on my car's windshield. How does your product handle this?

I use Rain-X on my Aeroflow windscreen and think it stinks - actually, it doesn't work at all even though they recommend it be used on their screens. Do you think that Raincoat would work better on that type of acrylic than the Rain-X does(n't)?

How does it compare to Cat Crap?

Well CatCrap is for fogging and I think that Fogtech is better. But I make Fogtech dopeslap.gif

Raincoat does not stop fogging. It is designed for the outside of your visor or shield and causes raindrops to roll off.

Sounds very interesting. How about a "Promotion Code", maybe free shipping or something for the first 100 of us that try it? thumbsup.gifclap.gif

OK, I am glad you asked. How about a coupon good for 20% off if you order on my site by April 30th?

Just enter BMSSportTouring in the coupon code box and press continue. It will be up in 10 minutes. lurker.gif

OK coupon is up.

So, Menz, one question your fog video didn't address: how often do I have to apply the stuff to my helmet visor? Looks like a great product.

Good question. Fuzzy answer>> It depends.

Depends on how aggressive you are at cleaning it and how much you ride in the rain and what type of shield. If you leave it alone you will get one to three weeks out of it with a decent amount of rain.

I put it on an acrylic airplane window that was left out in the open all winter. Rained maybe a dozen times. No snow..hey this is California. After 4 months Raincoat was still about 50% effective.

I would suggest that you apply every week or so if you clean your shield a lot or ride in heavy rains. Raincoat has not "built up" to any great extent that I have seen.

If you want to remove completely, gently use a V2 Sponge or a Mr. Clean Magic sponge.

First, how about a name. Just fill in your bio (go to Home Page). It's always nice to know who you're talking to.

Second, congratulations on your product. Two questions as they relate to my experiences with Rain-X. Is it safe to use on the hard coating that Shoei, Arai and others use on their face shields. And with Rain-X I have had a sudden explosion of glare render me almost blind when the sun hits it at extreme angles. This is both on my bike and on my car's windshield. How does your product handle this?

Name is done, thanks for suggesting.

Raincoat is safe to use on the hardcoats. I tested by soaking an Arai and a Shoei in full strength Raincoat for 2 days. Shields looked the same, no delamination, no color changes and they weighed the same to 1/100th of a gram so nothing was absorbed and nothing was lost.

I have not seen any glare. Just make sure you buff briskly and completely turning the cloth often. Use a dry cotton towell or washcloth if you want to make buffing easy. Hold up to a light to see if anything is left. Shield should be glossy and no haze, sparkles or swirls even at night.

markgoodrich

Depends on how aggressive you are at cleaning it and how much you ride in the rain and what type of shield. If you leave it alone you will get one to three weeks out of it with a decent amount of rain.

I put it on an acrylic airplane window that was left out in the open all winter. Rained maybe a dozen times. No snow..hey this is California. After 4 months Raincoat was still about 50% effective.

I would suggest that you apply every week or so if you clean your shield a lot or ride in heavy rains. Raincoat has not "built up" to any great extent that I have seen.

If you want to remove completely, gently use a V2 Sponge or a Mr. Clean Magic sponge.

Uh, I guess my question was a little foggy: I was asking how long the NoFog stuff lasts....

If I were you, I'd contact the editor at www.webbikeworld.com and offer a trial with your this and your antifog product. They've tested a number of antifogging solutions and haven't been satisfied with anything yet.

E-mail editor@webbikeworld.com

Funny you bring that up. Just got off the phone with Rick. He said he received the product and is going to try to test in two weeks. thumbsup.gif

I use Rain-X on my Aeroflow windscreen and think it stinks - actually, it doesn't work at all even though they recommend it be used on their screens. Do you think that Raincoat would work better on that type of acrylic than the Rain-X does(n't)?

Well the makers of Rain-X are quite clear it is only for glass. And if you call their helpdesk, they will tell you not to use it on acrylic plastics found on some windshields. The alcohol can leech out the plasticizers. You might end up with a very hazy shield over time.

Rain-X did not seem to do much on my polycarbonate shields. Virtually all faceshields are polycarbonate.

Raincoat is designed for plastics acrylic, polycarbonate (Lexan) etc.

Uh, I guess my question was a little foggy: I was asking how long the NoFog stuff lasts....

You would think I would be used to foggy questions. tongue.gif

Fogtech lasts 3 to 5 days, but again, it depends. I have guys who get 15 days and others that are happy they get one day. Depends on humidity, how much heat/moisture you breathe or sweat, air flow, temperature and type of shield. YMMV as they say.

Thank you sir. I'll give it a try.

But just to clarify - it was at the urging of Aeroflow that I put Rain-ex on the screen. I saw those big, bold "not for plastic" warnings on the bottle and it made me feel a touch weak in the knees right before I dumped it on my $300 screen!

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

I just ordered Raincoat and Fogtech, it'll be interesting to try both of them.

Also please note the coupon should be BMW

OK, I am glad you asked. How about a coupon good for 20% off if you order on my site by April 30th?

Just enter BMSSportTouring in the coupon code box and press continue. It will be up in 10 minutes. lurker.gif

OK coupon is up.

OK, I just ordered Raincoat and Fogtech, please note the coupon code should be: BMWSportTouring

OK coupon is up.

Just for those placing an order: its "BMWSportTouring". Can't wait! clap.gif

How about a coupon good for 20% off if you order on my site by April 30th?

Just enter BMWSportTouring in the coupon code box and press continue. It will be up in 10 minutes. lurker.gif

OK coupon is up.

Gosh Golly.. Can't say "No" to a coupon code. Order has been submitted.

I have a Scorpion helmet with one of those "no fog" shields.. doesn't work for me at all..in fact it's worse than a shield with no coating. I look forward to giving both products a try.

xbubblehead
I just ordered and we will see how it works

The power of the web site. I will be testing mine when I go to Nova Scotia at the end of May. Hopefully, not to much testing.

themenz - thanks for the discount for the members.

I just got my shipment of Raincoat and Fogtech. Haven't tried the Raincoat yet but the Fogtech worked better than anything I've used before including cat crap and that Zooke stuff they sell at the bike shows. Two hour ride with temps between 35 and 40 including fog in the low areas. Not a spot of fog in my Shoei RF1000. I'm sold! I've got to go to Pensacola tomorrow and it looks like rain. Should get a chance to check out the Raincoat tomorrow.

I just ordered some. I will post after trying it . Dave

Hey send me your address and I will shoot some Fogtech to you for being an early bird. gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com

I use quite a bit of Plexus on my shield. Will it remove your product?

It might. Raincoat hangs on pretty good, but Plexus is a good cleaner. I have not tried to remove Raincoat with it. Try it and let me know. gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com

I just received my raincoat and fogtech last night as well. I'm heading for NC next Wednesday and the 10 day forecast is looking iffy.......I'm kinda looking forward to see how well it all works.

OK, just purchased some of each. I'll report back how they work. We definitely have all types of "moisture" here in Michigan. I hope the Fogtech works, as it’s a problem every morning for me lately. I’m also really interested how the Raincoat could work on the (factory) windshield.

thumbsup.gif

Ho will your products work on the Schuberth visors with the coating they have on the inside and the outside? They recomed only water to clean their visors.

Ho will your products work on the Schuberth visors with the coating they have on the inside and the outside? They recomed only water to clean their visors.

I always recommend that you follow the manufacturer's instructions. The anti-fog coating on the inside is soft and sensitive to chemicals. I have tried Fogtech over many anti-fogs coatings on safety glasses, paintball masks and an older Schuberth. Fogtech did not seem to impact the anti-fog layer. As a matter of fact, it made the anti-fog effect even better.

That being said, I would wait until the manufacturer applied coating stops works or show signs of fogging. Then apply Fogtech.

I have not tried Raincoat over the anti-fog coatings and I would not suggest you try that. Raincoat is usually used on the outside of the shield.

xbubblehead

I received my Raincoat and apply it to three different helmets, a Shoei, Arai, and a Nolan N102 Ncom, and with lots o rain today. Great day to do some testing. Worked great on all three just as advertised. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I didn't get any Fogtech because I normally use the Nolan with the antifog insert - so I can't speak on that.

I haven't had chance to ride in the rain yet, probably next week. The fog tech works great.thumbsup.gif

There is a rise between the hills on my way to work that every morning I would get a fogged face shield and wind shield . No more since using the fog tech . Only applied once in the last 2 weeks so far so good . Thanks for a great product . Dave

Archived