IGNORED

Space Shuttle Processing: Rarely seen by the general public

E30TECH

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. It's easy to forget how much work goes into every one of these launches now that they've become somewhat routine. There are not too many more of these space shuttle launches scheduled are there? Some of these orbiters have been around for a long time.

Crazy_Canuck

What is funny is that I didn't know about this thread until a Co-worker sent me an email (he knows I ride BMW) stating "Who knew BMW nerds worked at NASA?" He found the thread via digg.com.

Perry thanks for the Pics...totally cool!!! thumbsup.gif

Sorry guys, you've all been duped.

These are screenshots from a powerpoint, that the orginal poster has lifted them from, that was an April Fool a few years ago about renaming the KSC facilities. It was a hoax that was debunked on the www.nasaspaceflight.com forum section back at the time where the orginal was posted.

Notice how the images (which are average images you see any day of the week on nasa.gov (KSC multimedia section) are nearly all incorrectly tagged. "Vertical" Assembly Building is actually "Vehicle" Assembly Building (VAB), Tank is from MAF (Michoud Assembly Facility), not "MS". I could go on (past the poster above who noted the inaccurate nature of this, but this is not a NASA presentation. No one who either works for the space program, or has a basic understanding of processing, would make such basic mistakes.

Reminds me of the kid who posted an ascent image from a WB57 chase plane and claimed "I work for NASA, and these are from the ISS" ;)

A moderator would do well in noting these facts in the opening post.

Sorry guys, you've all been duped.

These are screenshots from a powerpoint, that the orginal poster has lifted them from, that was an April Fool a few years ago about renaming the KSC facilities. It was a hoax that was debunked on the www.nasaspaceflight.com forum section back at the time where the orginal was posted.

Notice how the images (which are average images you see any day of the week on nasa.gov (KSC multimedia section) are nearly all incorrectly tagged. "Vertical" Assembly Building is actually "Vehicle" Assembly Building (VAB), Tank is from MAF (Michoud Assembly Facility), not "MS". I could go on (past the poster above who noted the inaccurate nature of this, but this is not a NASA presentation. No one who either works for the space program, or has a basic understanding of processing, would make such basic mistakes.

Reminds me of the kid who posted an ascent image from a WB57 chase plane and claimed "I work for NASA, and these are from the ISS" ;)

A moderator would do well in noting these facts in the opening post.

Whether they are mislabeled, I don't know.

They were sent to me from my friends at KSC.
if you read thru the thread you may see I never claimed to work for NASA, nor did I claim to take the pictures myself. I did claim however to build hardware for NASA. I work for an independent contractor.

I couldn't specifically name the person who took the pictures at the time, but I will get the info as I have it on my work machine.

BTW - some the spaceflight hardware I work on are:

Gas Generator Fuel Control (Solid Rocket Booster APU) (Shuttle)

Proportional Flow Controller (for use on experiment control racks) (ISS)

Active Thermal Control System (control ammonia heat transfer fluid) (ISS)

Vacuum Isolation (isolates Station vacuum system from space) (ISS)

Didn't you know the whole space program is a hoax?

I hope it was worth the trouble of joining just to be a troll.

• 5 weeks later...
Or your trying to get it up to .5 million.......

BTW, I'm doing my part :grin:

Me too. As is my husband, as he has shown it to his Physics and Astronomy kids and some of his colleagues, who have in turn shown it to some of their kids.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived