IGNORED

GUNNISON: People, Places, & Things

Brant Herbert

russell_bynum

Terrible. The worst pics ever.

Aw, who am I kidding....awesome stuff (as usual).

One thing though...In the "People" section...how come you got the rest of us in the tent hot and sweaty after a full day's ride, and Babealiscious gets her mug on some hillside in the mountains with her hair blowing in the wind? wink.gif

Brant Herbert

Babealiscious gets her mug on some hillside in the mountains with her hair blowing in the wind? color=blue>

You got one of you on a hillside in the mountains with your hair blowing in the wind, I'll use it laugh.gif

Brant, way cool. Didn't get a chance to meet everyone, too much riding. Thanks for the name/face connections.

Russell, don't you have to work tomorrow? smile.gif

BTW, Did you get my email?

russell_bynum

In reply to:

You got one of you on a hillside in the mountains with your hair blowing in the wind, I'll use it

Does it count if it's armpit hair? laugh.gif

On second thought...I just got a mental image of BigMak and OldRider lounged out on some hillside...keep the pics just the way they are. shocked.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

russell_bynum

In reply to:

Russell, don't you have to work tomorrow?

BTW, Did you get my email?

Yep. Got an 8am meeting. What's your point? smile.gif Sleep is for people who don't ride BMW's.

I got your email and I'm 99% sure I responded already...I'll check when I get to work in the morning.

I was lounging along some roadside hillside allright, when ya coming up to help me fix my throttle cable? wink.giftongue.gif

PS; OldRiders just an inflatable, not my style laugh.gif

Brant, this is the topper. I hope you keep this up a while. I keep going back to it and testing myself to see if I can remember who's who. That way I'll pass the test next time we meet.

Thanks, pal, for giving all of our Gunnison stories the needed depth and dimension of real people.

I noticed that we're all just plain folk, i.e. not a movie star among us. But did you notice that virtually everyone is smiling? They were HAPPY!!!!!!!

Great pictures, Brant. Combined with Fernando's prose, your pictures bring home Gunnison for those of us who couldn't be there. Great job on the mugshots. I usually bring a camera with me on trips, but I've never been good at remembering to TAKE THE PICTURES, I'm usually too involved with the goings-on (I guess you're not immune either!re: missing mugshots) wink.gif

Great job Brant! Those name tags did their job. I can remember almost everyone's name to their face!

Can't we just go there next month? Can't we make this a Bi-Monthy event wink.gif

I love all the hug pictures. LOved reliving check-in. Loved the shot of Cary. Loved the hoodlums smoking cigars. Loved Laney and Dick lounging on the benches up in Crawford. Loved Kathryn on the 4 corners. Loved the menomite family shot. Loved the Danner's shots. Loved seeing MurrayG in his ever present stitch. Loved the scenary. Loved the shot of Eebie and the doughnuts. Loved the shot of the whole gathering with the wide angle lense. Hey, there are NO pictures of Brant?

Thanks Brant!

Your summary of the Gunnison experience is much more descriptive than the short grunted version of "we met people, we rode, we ate" than I orginally shared with my better half after returning home last week.

Thanks to everyone who made it all possible!

Thanks Brant, it's great to see all the smiling people at this great event! Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

next year I'll be there for sure, even if Jim has to push me laugh.gif

Brant,

Great Job of capturing the Gunnison event.

The event was a wonderful experience. I am sorry for those that could not make it.

A lot of love and friendship.

Hi Brian,

If Jim has to push you around gunnison make sure he doesn't point you towards the edge of a cliff. Hope you guys can make it next year. It was great. See you at our next version in upstate NY.

Brant Herbert

Loved the shot of the whole gathering with the wide angle lensecolor=blue>

That's a "stitch" of another kind, a merge of 5 photos processed automatically (amazing!!) by Photoshop Elements.

there are NO pictures of Brant? color=blue>

I added one smile.gif

Loved Laney and Dick lounging on the benches up in Crawford color=blue>

Yup. I grabbed shots of that. Added them.

TimButterfield

What ChrisNYC said. wink.gif

It helped me get a bit of the experience, though not able to attend. You and FB make a good team. Great job.

Brant, lots of people have already posted excellent text and pictures of the Un-Rally, but your submission seemed to bring it all together to make it a total virtual experience for those of us who couldn't attend. It almost had the feeling of a 360-degree Imax show.

While I enjoyed all the pics of people and places, I especially appreciated the photos of the certain things, namely all the food (like the mountains of pizza and donut boxes and Kris' plate of artfully sauced smoked ribs), Tom's tool roll and tank bag (perfect examples of excellent content and organization), and the signing and presentation of the tupperware (clearly pictures worth more than a thousand words.)

All we seem to be missing now is a transcript of hANNAbONE's invocation, which, if I read between some of the lines already written, was quite moving and inspiring.

Yeeha! Stephen

FB : "I keep going back to it and testing myself to see if I can remember who's who. That way I'll pass the test next time we meet."

Exact-a-mundo!

Printed off everyones mug and tacked it up on the wall next to my computer desk and I'll use it as a study guide and do my homework. Next time, maybe I won't stutter around, trying to figure out who's who!

Brant Herbert

Bill, et al

Thanks.

Maybe next year we can get our guys who work with the networking and streaming content companies to petition for some resources so we can setup a live satellite web-cast laugh.giflaugh.gif In the least, maybe someone (maybe me) will have a DV camera next time to capture those special moments. Would be cool to have a video "mugshot" of people complete with their voices. Then you could REALLY "hear" people when they post. I'd LOVE to have an audio catalog of Gleno and Wurty one-liners ("You smellin' what I'm steppin' in?", Gleno?).

It'll only get better!

PhillyFlash

Great job again, Brant, as always. Not much to say that hasn't already been said, except "thanks, for the memories...."

Geez, Brant, those are great!

But there goes my excuse for mixing up names. wink.gif

And then Fernando said: I noticed that we're all just plain folk, i.e. not a movie star among us But 'Nando, what about the MONKEY??? laugh.gif

In reply to:

And then Fernando said: I noticed that we're all just plain folk, i.e. not a movie star among us. But 'Nando, what about the MONKEY???

Dang producers always want to get into the spotlight, don't they?

Brant thanks so much for taking the time to take and layout all of the photos. I'm sure it was a considerable time consumer but I sure am glad you did it.

Brant, muchos gracias, hombre. Great job.

Wanted to comment that the reason I look so outraged in my mug shot with MurrayG -- the picture doesn't show where his hands are!

Arkansas people!!!

Archived