IGNORED

07 F800ST vs 08 F800ST

RT_Jim

Anyone know the differences between the 07 and 08?

Is it worth getting an 08 or save the $1000 (with BMW's sale right now) and get an 07?

Thanks!

jim

Anyone know the differences between the 07 and 08?

Is it worth getting an 08 or save the $1000 (with BMW's sale right now) and get an 07?

Thanks!

jim

I just got an 07 a few months ago and was told there was little difference, but that the 2008 had most of the querks (recalls, etc) worked out. The recalls have already been done on my bike so I've had no issues. You might try f800riders.org. There's a lot of discussion there on the f800. The f800 is awesome. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the pointer to the other site. I'll check them out.

And a very good point about making sure all the recalls and service bulletins have been done. My nephew is probably getting one tomorrow so I'll pass along your ideas.

Jim

You can get the low frame option on the 2008. not sure on the 2007.

'07s were also available in the low frame. My wife has one and it's a great option of the shorter inseamed rider. wave.gif

• 4 weeks later...

There's virtually no differences in specs between the 2007 & 2008 F800ST. The only thing in 2008 is that BMW offers a comfort package and a safety package when combined they offer a fully loaded bike vs. in 2007 each equipment option was individually priced. The price difference are only $225 between the 2007 and 2008 being a bit more. SO BUY the 2007 and save upto $2500 on a Demo. (don't forget to ask for any recalls and the 600 mile service to be done with the deal). thumbsup.gif

Paul Mihalka

Welcome to this forum, BMW247! You are correct that there is really no difference between a '07 and a '08. Only addition is that the '08 will tell you in the instrument when you have to take it to a dealer for service, whether you want to see that or not. OTOH, you do some wishful thinking on the possible discounts on a '07 bike. You have probably not seen the available profit margins on the bikes.

Archived