IGNORED

F650 Quirks?

beemer2000

I am new to the F series and have found some quirks that may be normal? Is it normal to have almost no torque below 3K? My bike seems to object anything below that rpm level. I have had Kawasaki KLR 650 bikes that had loads of low end torque. I assumed any single cylinder would have.

Also the noise level of the engine is much greater than I would expect out of a Beemer? Is this a normal characteristic of the Rotax engine? At a traffic light or stopping anytime the engine noise level takes over the peace and quiet. I can barely hear my K bike running when I stop! Maybe I am being too critical? I really like the bike otherwise.

Terry, if it sounds anything like the bike in the video, you're ok. thumbsup.gif

I'm sure you went through the bike but, did you check the air filter? Mice love to make nests out of paper filters.

The only other thing I can tell you is that the similarities between your F & K bikes end with the wheels being round. grin.gif

Pat

Bingo! That's the way it sounds. I guess I just need to ride someone else's 650. Mine is only the second one I ever rode. I guess I was expecting too much.

I am old fashion. I like q u i e t !!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's why the American manufacured scoots don't appeal to me!? Whoops! Did I "Harley Bash?" No apology. grin.gif

Ciao

• 4 weeks later...

what year is your f650? i acquired a 1998 f650 last fall, having never ridden one, i found that it sure doesn't want to accelerate well when you lug it down under 3500rpm, revs real nice and goes like gangbusters over 4000, and it sounds just like the one on the video clip (single cyl sewing machine) so i expect that is normal...

baggerchris

Yup, we go by the phrase: "4 or more" It is a rotax designed engine and so, likes to rev. I don't ride Pepper under 4 grand unless it is level or downhill or no strain will be on her.(you know? just Chooglin along) smile.gif

• 1 month later...

well i've now added 500 km, and some of the hard stumble and engine rattling has abated, i'm guess that the carb(s) were gummedup and the transition form idle to main jet wasn't working,

i'm liking it a whole lot more now

Archived