IGNORED

Food info!

Spikes_Wife

Ok guys, I've got some food info. I contacted the catering company that was recommended by the campground.

Since Unrally is in June and will be outside at a campground, I thought BBQ would make a nice meal. The basic "BBQ" is $10.00 per person, served "buffet style", and comes with:

- Fake plates, napkins, plasticware, cups etc

- BBQ (either pork, chicken, or beef -- surcharge to mix n match)

- Buns

- Cole Slaw

- Baked Beans

- Chips

- Dessert (brownies)

- Ice

- Sodas

The following can be added for $1.25 per person EACH.

- Potato salad

- Pasta salad

- Fruit salad

The catering place is checking on prices of tables, chairs, and tents for us. They don't actually provide them, but are willing to arrange them for us, and do not add any fee on top of what the rental place charges them. Not positive that we'd be using them -- the campground has a covered area that we may be able to use ... I just asked them to check on prices.

They are also working up a price for an "upgraded" dessert. I was thinking of sheet cakes with the BMWST logo on them instead of brownies. There's no charge for the logo, and she will figure out what the additional charge is for the cakes.

I have "scheduled" this for Thursday, June 9th @ 6pm. This can be changed, but I at least wanted to get something on the books. We do not need to put down a deposit; we can just pay them the day of. There is a $10 per server per hour fee for their time; they would probably send us three people at the max.

I didn't bother with breakfast yet... wanted to get this done. We could either get info from them or Spike and I could go out and get a massive truckload of pastries each morning (we'll have four-wheeled transportation with us down there).

So -- thoughts?

It would be nice to arrange a flat rate of $12-14 per person for a mix and match BBQ and the upgraded cake. We had ice cream the first night of UnRally III, and I think it was a big hit. Maybe just make the dinner $15 per person and get as much out of it as we can. That might cover everything. Either they could supply ice cream, or we might have enough money left over to just buy it ourselves. Jamie and Leslie - how did you handle that at Cody?

Thursday is the final night, but several people may leave early and not be there that night. Those who are there may want to make it an early night to get an early start on Friday. Monday night is iffy as people are just arriving, and we don't know how many won't get there until late, or until Tuesday. Tuesday and Wednesday may be the best nights to get the most people. Most people should be there both nights, and there is more of a chance that they'd be willing to stay up later to socialize. I'd vote for one of those over Thursday night.

I agree:

1) Flat fee that averages everything out so that you don't have special orders.

2) I think Wed night would be better.

Yeah, John told me about Wednesday night when I talked to him later this afternoon. I will change it to Wednesday when I talk to them next. No rush, because they don't get too many weeknight events in the beginning of June. smile.gif

As far as the dinner -- no matter what we do, it's a flat fee each. If we add pasta salad, then it goes up $1.25 for every person there ... we can't do it on a case by case basis. I think it might be nice to offer a pasta salad and fruit maybe. With the added cost of the cake (not sure what that is), should be around $13 or so, with some leftover for ice cream.

Any more thoughts?

Oh, BTW -- the catering place recommends against doing a mix -n- match because when it's available people tend to eat one of each and run them out of food. That being said, they will do it if we want it. I think they said they were would do 1/2 & 1/2 for no extra cost, or bring a larger portion of both for $2.00 per person.

I don't think that cost is out of line at all. I know it's steak, but El Paseo is $22 or $23 and I haven't had any complaints.

One thing for you to think about is vegetarian. Seems like about 5-10% of the folks are.

One thing for you to think about is vegetarian. Seems like about 5-10% of the folks are.

Right. That's one of the reasons that I was thinking that having a good selection of salads and fruit might be a nice thing. I'll ask what other vegetarian-type food we can get.

1/2 and 1/2 - I'd vote for beef and chicken.

Beef and chicken sounds good to me. I should be hearing from the catering place this week, and will find out about the costs (and switch the date) then.

Archived