IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous Friday night cookout planning

Matts_12GS

What kind of beers should we get for the rendezvous? Please pick two.  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Friday night is the famous brat cook out with proceeds to benefit the board. We have a few volunteers who'll man the grill and assemble the spread of brats, chips, sauerkraut, deli mustards, and probably some baked beans or similar.

Sylva, NC has a nice little German owned microbrewery so, I'm thinking of getting at least one 5 gallon keg of beer ( about 40 16oz glasses) for Friday.

Descriptions can be found here: Beeeeeeeerrrrr!

Remember, these are for sale along with the food, please drink responsibly, YMMV, TADT, PTTR, etc lmao.gif

Thanks for reminding me Brian, there will be soft drinks available as well. Ice tea and some sodas, waters, etc.

I can't be making decisions like this on a Friday morning as soon as I get to work. My mouth literaly started watering as soon as I started thinking about the brats, kraut, and having to read up on the beer choices. Come on 3:30

Lone_RT_rider

I have sampled every one of these blends up at the brewery in Sylva. They are all really, really good but as always I have my favorites. I will chime in once this poll gets down the road a bit. smile.gif

Shawn

ice tea or lemonade please

BYOB NA OK?

I wouldn't imagine a problem, I'll check when I next talk with them.

ice tea or lemonade please

BYOB NA OK?

I wouldn't imagine a problem, I'll check when I next talk with them.

not sure if the "byob na" is a dig on me or if someone wants "na beer". imagine they'd have a bottle or two laying around. personally i never cared much for NA.

No, Brian.

Thought you'd remember from tailgating, I don't drink the real stuff.

In the past, most Friday night dinners have been out of doors and BYOB A or NA was AOK.

Just checking in advance if the same would be OK at a new venue.

BTW, there actually are some that are OK.

And, yes, I do know what good brew is like as long ago, in a glaxay far far away, I used to brew 200+ gallons a year. tongue.gif

Tim,

Friday night will be fine to have that. I was mistaken thinking you were talking about Saturday night inside.

Nobody is required to drink what they don't want and if it seems like a bad idea, we can skip on this altogether.

The only requirement we have for the BBQ on Friday is no glass near the pool.

The only requirement we have for the BBQ on Friday is no glass near the pool.

Does that mean running & horseplay are okay?

Well, allowing attendees to jump the pool on your KTM... I think we can do that part, but running, maybe not. lmao.gif

motorman587

What does all the code talk mean???

"BYOB A or NA was AOK." I know, one is bring your own booze. What does the other mean???

No, Brian.

Thought you'd remember from tailgating, I don't drink the real stuff.

In the past, most Friday night dinners have been out of doors and BYOB A or NA was AOK.

Just checking in advance if the same would be OK at a new venue.

BTW, there actually are some that are OK.

And, yes, I do know what good brew is like as long ago, in a glaxay far far away, I used to brew 200+ gallons a year. tongue.gif

sorry Tim...forgot...there are 2 i enjoy one is made by guinnes (i think) and the other is Buchler(sp).

carry on. i'll share my ice tea with ya.

Lone_RT_rider

You sir.... are a god! *insert bowing emoticon here*

Not really, well...

Poor student, active local zymurgy association, found out that we could actually produce a good brew, it became almost OCD with a 5 gal. batch fermenting, a 5 gal. batch in second stage fermentation, and case upon case aging in the dark.

Hardest thing to do was come up w/all the bottles.

Eventually friends moved over to the 5 gal metal kegs (ala soda syrup), but I stuck w/ the bottles.

Any evening we went over to friends (most every night dopeslap.gif) you jsut brought a case along. tongue.gif

motorman587
YGTBK. grin.gif

I think I know that one means. So I did not got to FSU. thumbsup.gif Are there any homeless people going???????

Archived