IGNORED

650 GS twin coming to US

baggerchris

Awesome!

I should have looked here first before I sent the PM. Bike looks great and it sounds like you are making a huge sacrifice to promote marital harmony by helping Jamie break it in!

:grin::thumbsup:

I'll be interested to hear what everyones real world MPG is once you all get these things broke in.

I'm currently being torn between the new F650GS and a G650GS. If the new new F650 can match the gas mileage of the old single, then I'll probably end up bying one this summer.

I can tell you that yesterday, on twisty back roads while varying speeds and not exceeding 5000 rpm but once, I returned with an average of 64!!!!!!

Yep, have to sacrifice and break one in also. Tough job, but hey, needs to be done, got to step up!

Great looking bike for sure. I like the clearance on the front fender and tire, the tiger is like 6 hairs.

Ordered a beak and an oil cooler / oil filter protector today.

Going to add some additional lighting as well. Research in progress.

While yer at it, order something that moves that god awful lookin' brake reservoir outta your sight line... :grin:

Otherwise, fun lookin' stuff there Phillie!

MB>

Why does this thread suddenly give me déjà vu?

This is fun :grin:

So your telling me I should just wait 13 months and there will be a fully farkeled F650GS up for sale that will easily get me from CA back to PA?

I do it to myself, I know!! (rolling eye emo here!)

And, you should know, she has already made the statement, "Cold, dead hands before you get this one away from me." She NEVER said that about the F800ST.

She was cruising around our loop last night on it, loving life, after getting home late.

SHE is picking her accessories. SHE is also going to be right there during the install. She made the statement that she refuses to be on the side of the road, unable to repair anything that may come up. Lesson learned from her dead battery on the F800ST on the way to the UN.

Only if "Roadhuzband" is following you...

MB>

I'm sure that could be arranged.....that is, if Danny could just commit to a plan. Highly, highly, unlikely

So your telling me I should just wait 13 months and there will be a fully farkeled F650GS up for sale that will easily get me from CA back to PA?

Prolly wont take that long.......

Nice bike though.....

I estimate the Ever Dainty to be less than 500 miles out of New York. She was about 700 miles 24 hours ago.

Go watch some 'Deadliest Catch' and get back to us.

:/:/

I estimate the Ever Dainty to be less than 500 miles out of New York. She was about 700 miles 24 hours ago.

Wasn't that ship just taken over by pirates? :eek:

Paying no ransom here, will get my bow and arrow and hunt you down, sink your little inflatable boat, heh heh.

I'm with you David, I know where I can obtain (ahem) an automatic weapon, so I don't need to concern myself with the detail of aiming. (although there are no guarantees that I would be able to keep the spray low enough to do any good). :/

Let's go get those darn pirates!

Backordered handguards and covers just arrived along with the rear top case bracket.

Skid plate, engine guards, and hand guard spoilers are now on order. Kathy's Designs inner case bag liners are on their way from Bob's BMW. Big discount available from them for these through end of November in case anyone wants to know!

Jamie decided to go with the Zumo 550 with the GXM-30, center mounted on the Touratech mount and bracket.

Need to handle the Autocom, B2B, and the fuse block also. Additional lighting looks to be coming from Touratech also as they have a custom mount bracket for lighting.

It's coming together in rapid fashion!!! I'll be doing a few install pictorials for the additions to help others out . . . once I'm home long enough to actually do the work, etc.

Off to Pirates of Penzance at the opera tonight and then 4 days at work starting tomorrow morning. Yep, Turkey day on the fire engine.

Geeze, go easy there, only 400 watts. Leave some for the ECU and FI.

:D

On a side note, just back from Tyler, Tx on the Tiger, damn this thing is NOISY (can you say hurricane). May have to redesign the entire front end and add R1 mirrors plus GT windshield. I am going more death which I didn't think was possible, and this with wearing ear plugs and supposedly quiet MRA screen. :dopeslap:

Phil:

I want to see some pics of the place you find to mount the Autocom unit. One of the folks on the F800 forum says there's a place near the battery ???

I'm really starting to get antsy. I haven't ordered any farkles yet but I will probably go with Starcom 1 for integrated communications and music, barkbusters handguards, jesse 8" safari bags (silver or charcoal??? what do you think?), and one of the CeeBailey's winscreens. I have a soft top bag that should work fine initially as a top case for additional capacity.

I have an extra (unused and like new) mount for the Zumo, so I can mount it on the handlebar-no decisions made on that yet. I figure I can mount a bags connection mount on the fake tank and switch off my tank bag between the RT and GS.

I haven't decided about skid plates or engine guards, but am leaning at this point towards the hepko becker products for that particular few bits of farkle.

C'mon, hurry up youse guys, get to farkelin'. . . Pulease? And take lots of pictures. :wave::lurk:

Well, I finally got the phone call from the dealer (about 7 pm-ish) that my F650 has arrived. The battery was being charged and the few additional bits assembled as we spoke (and as I was holding up traffic by driving in first gear while talking on the cellphone :dopeslap:).

I guess I'll have to get up early tomorrow so I can get all the work I need to do done before I go blow the afternoon at the dealer. :grin::clap:

Here he/she/it is. It certainly is fire engine red!

429851155_Ey5PH-L.jpg

Test ride:

429851206_mBeGf-L.jpg

429851229_vyN4y-L.jpg

After the check changed hands:

429851262_CzeEH-L.jpg

429851182_CfXEd-L.jpg

Sorry, Jan, your jacket doesn't match! ;)

429851295_yNAgD-L.jpg

Wow! I can't believe how smooth (and light) this bike is.

Any word on Jean's bike yet? We may haf'ta go pirate huntin'.

Haaaa. You know, I looked at the ship's track today, she has already gone through the Panama Canal and is halfway to CA. She is not fast, but steady steaming while we are sleeping, ha.

Dealer said 10 days, but they keep getting conflicting messages. They also said they have the vario panniers in, after sending them back 2 times with wrong shaped hardware. They did have a new F650GS single (also red).

08 C-14 ABS was marked down to 11,xxx and 08 GT is marked 16,700. 09 Blue Versys is on the floor.

To top off my visit, the Cobra rep (Randy) drove in on his 2002 Valkarie. His area, U.S., 40,000 miles this year on the Valk (working). Beautiful bike, I should have snapped a picture.

Sorry, Jan, your jacket doesn't match! ;)

dowel.jpg

What is that cutter in the drillpress? Looks like a dowel cutter or plug cutter? What you doing?

It is a 1 1/8" diameter plug cutter.... jeez, nothing gets past you! :wave:

For this...

429918694_MRiWn-L.jpg

The spa that usually sits on that pad is in for service.

The spa that usually sits on that pad is in for service.

Jan..................hot tub......................

I shudder at the mere thought. :P

It is a 1 1/8" diameter plug cutter.... jeez, nothing gets past you!

The yard could use some raking. :lurk:

Duh, some people who are supposed to be workin' on their "honey-do list," have been slackin'. He's gone to play with Whip and the boys [and girls] down in AZ.

I just hope our place doesn't look this bad come August and "Unrally Time." I guess everyone can just go stay at Bob and Suzie's for the pied piper. :P

Archived