IGNORED

COUNTDOWN: ONLY 2 DAYS UNTIL . . .

EffBee

AdventurePoser

We're leaving Wednesday after work and arriving in Torrey Thursday. Can't wait...

Don't you people have jobs? What's with you taking 3-7 days to get to Torrey??? LOL

We're leaving Wednesday after work and arriving in Torrey Thursday. Can't wait...

Don't you people have jobs? What's with you taking 3-7 days to get to Torrey??? LOL

Yeah Steve, some of us have Jobs... which is why i can't come to Torrey this May 08'.

I'm gonna have to wait till september

Yeah Steve, some of us have Jobs... which is why i can't come to Torrey this May 08'.

Well that didn't work.

You'll be missed Tank.

I'm leaving Twin Falls Thursday morning arriving Torrey in the afternoon for dinna.

Well that didn't work.

You'll be missed Tank.

I'm leaving Twin Falls Thursday morning arriving Torrey in the afternoon for dinna.

Eat dinner wherever you want on Thursday, but FYI a small group of us will be going to the Rim Rock Patio, leaving from the middle cabin at the CW around 6P.

Hope to see you there. If you have other plans, then we'll see you at the pool party at the CW on Friday night, or otherwise in town or out in the twisties.

Firefight911

I'm gonna have to wait till September

Same here Tank. The promotion moved my shift schedule and I am not able to make it due to that and the financials not being there.

Fall Torrey can't come soon enough!!! :cry::cry: That and the UN.

marcopolo
...a small group of us will be going to the Rim Rock Patio, leaving from the middle cabin at the CW around 6P.

How far is the Rim Rock from the Chuck Wagon, and where is it exactly? Is it walking distance?

Bob Palin

It's about 3 miles east of the Chuckwagon so it's not walking distance - there's a hill in between too which counts for something at 7000 feet :)

Any particular reason for asking?

edit: just noticed the Patio reference, I will have my car and truck at the CW to ferry people from central Torrey to the Patio starting about 5:45 and returning later, drivers needed.

As usual my car and truck will be available to sober drivers on Friday and Saturday evening who might be willing to transport the less sober to their hotels.

marcopolo
It's about 3 miles east of the Chuckwagon so it's not walking distance - there's a hill in between too which counts for something at 7000 feet :)

Any particular reason for asking?

Yeah; I like to have a drink with dinner, but have a zero tolerance for alcohol if I'm on the bike. With any luck, my friend Tim, and I, will be able to catch a four-wheeled ride from the CW and leave our bikes back at the Capitol Reef Inn.

You need to ride to the Rim Rock. Or take one of the shuttle buses. If I am in town, I will have the Mr. G with me to shuttle folks

Kaisr

SageRider

I am hoping to be in town in time for dinner at the rimrock.

I will also have a 4 wheeled vehicle with seats available.

Crazy_Canuck

Same here Tank. The promotion moved my shift schedule and I am not able to make it due to that and the financials not being there.

Dang Phil!! I will never get to meet you in person? Work Work work. :lurk:

:dopeslap: :dopeslap:

Crazy_Canuck

Dang Phil!! I will never get to meet you in person? Work Work work. :lurk:

:dopeslap: :dopeslap:

Why do the smileys look so small?

Firefight911

Why do the smileys look so small?

New forum system compression. It's a known issue.

If it weren't for bad luck in getting out and about with friends, I'd have no luck at all. Then again, after the last year and a half of this crazy work thing, I wonder if I have any friends left. Ugh!

All this chat about Thursday at the Rim Rock Inn has gotten Mrs Hopz and me thinking... so we moved our reservation and arrival at the Rim Rock Room 118 up to Thursday.

Not only are we IN for the Thursday Sundowner, we are IN for Friday BBQ.

Really looking forward to greeting you all again and meeting the ones I missed at previous events.

Bob and Susie

I believe we will make it for Thursday night dinner as well, Sharon and I. May we join you?

All this chat about Thursday at the Rim Rock Inn has gotten Mrs Hopz and me thinking... so we moved our reservation and arrival at the Rim Rock Room 118 up to Thursday.

Not only are we IN for the Thursday Sundowner, we are IN for Friday BBQ.

Really looking forward to greeting you all again and meeting the ones I missed at previous events.

Bob and Susie

So you are riding down with Matt and us?

I believe we will make it for Thursday night dinner as well, Sharon and I. May we join you?

Absolutely!

AdventurePoser

I know the responsibilities you have, my friend. I hope to see you this summer on the way back from John Day.

As for me, a last minute meeting I must not miss has popped up. This means I probably cannot leave until Saturday morning. This may be another SS1000... :(

Steve in So Cal

Jacqueline

Less then 36 hours... Richard and I will be on the road... taking the scenic route to Torrey :clap: . Looking forward to seeing everyone :thumbsup:.

Less then 36 hours... Richard and I will be on the road... taking the scenic route to Torrey :clap: . Looking forward to seeing everyone :thumbsup:.

Hey J

Ya think you can loose Richard before ya get to Torrey???????

....a little secret......next time he goes by ya at 100mph....take the next exit and make a detour.

Then call Tom or me.......we'll take care of the rest.

:D:D

Whip

BTW.........A-L-A-S-K-A!!!!!!!!!

Trust me he won't figure anything is amiss until at least Kansas. Besides we have to go see bears!!!

Of course this is all just hypothetical.... :thumbsup:

Bob Palin
I couldn't have asked for a better forecast than this one, 77 - 45 - 0% Rain. I can't wait to see you guys again. Have a save ride getting there. :wave:
Ugh, beastly hot!

DAMHIK!!!

Gonna miss you all - wish I could be there...

Gonna do the graduation thing from college that weekend, so..

at least hoist a shot or two of Patron for me....

And when that wears off, a shot or two of Laphroiag...

That should do it......(I'm a lightweight!!) :dopeslap:

Stay safe everybody- looking forward to the ride tales.... :thumbsup:

Heck

marcopolo

Day 1 is in the bag -- 540 miles, and I'm in beautiful Medina, Ohio (just south of Cleveland). Weather was cool, but no rain at least. St. Louis tomorrow.

Day 1 is in the bag -- 540 miles, and I'm in beautiful Medina, Ohio (just south of Cleveland). Weather was cool, but no rain at least. St. Louis tomorrow.

Ride, Mark, Ride!!!

Got the GT back today from the shop and JohnLT dropped off the trailer this morning with the dirt bike. Right now I am not sure if I am leaving at the crack of dawn Tuesday or Monday night. Depends on the monkey's I guess.

Kaisr

AdventurePoser
Torrey Weekend Weather Forecast

I couldn't have asked for a better forecast than this one, 77 - 45 - 0% Rain. I can't wait to see you guys again. Have a save ride getting there. :wave:

Don't worry, I'll fix that for ya. Seems everytime I go to Torrey the weather has been miserable. Oh well, maybe this spring the jinx is broken.

See you all Saturday afternoon.

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

BeniciaRT_GT

Bikes all packed up and ready to go!

up at 04:30 and out of here at 05:00!!! ( yes, it is true Whip!)

Can't wait to see some of you!!! Others, not so much. I mean that Pork Chop guy scares me:

BobPalininCody_005.jpg

Can't wait to see some of you!!! Others, not so much. I mean that Pork Chop guy scares me:

Why would ya wait till after lunch??????????????????

I am going to call ya sunshine just to make sure you are up!

Kaisr

Hey J

Ya think you can loose Richard before ya get to Torrey???????

....a little secret......next time he goes by ya at 100mph....take the next exit and make a detour.

Then call Tom or me.......we'll take care of the rest.

:D:D

Whip

BTW.........A-L-A-S-K-A!!!!!!!!!

That thar is very funny. I don't keer whar yur from!

Cheers!

Todd

P.S. It looks like September for me. I live close enough to Phil that I can grab him and the missus by the collar while I'm flying by. I am pretty sure that forced kidnapping is a valid excuse for not showing at at work. Someone, (Whip?) put me on the top of the list for the CW and let me know how much the bribery is going to cost. Rich can back you up and if necessary Marty can give them a noogy.

Torrey Weekend Weather Forecast

Don't worry, I'll fix that for ya. Seems everytime I go to Torrey the weather has been miserable. Oh well, maybe this spring the jinx is broken.

See you all Saturday afternoon.

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

I don't know Steve, have you seen the latest :clap:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USUT0256?from=search_10day

Marty Hill

Steve, it's going to be beautiful...honest.

Todd, are you not coming next week? If not, that is at least 5 good pals that I will miss. Sept. is out for me...Nova Scotia and the Gaspe are calling.

Ugh, beastly hot!

Sure beats the mid to high 90s we've been having!

Firefight911
Todd

P.S. It looks like September for me. I live close enough to Phil that I can grab him and the missus by the collar while I'm flying by. I am pretty sure that forced kidnapping is a valid excuse for not showing at at work. Someone, (Whip?) put me on the top of the list for the CW and let me know how much the bribery is going to cost. Rich can back you up and if necessary Marty can give them a noogy.

We like abductions!!

290574247_ZVjgg-M.jpg

I'm now in St. Charles, MO (just west of St. Louis). I arrived just before the rain started, after about 535 miles today. It was cool, but dry.

Tomorrow is a different story as I head to Hays, Kansas. It may be wet here in the morning, and quite windy along my route.

The bike is packed and I'm heading out tomorrow around 7. Overnight in Ely and then on to Arches. I'll see you in Torrey on Friday...

Only 535! Did you stop at lunch time?

Nope; Cleveland to St. Louis. Had a McDee breakfast after two hours on the road (about 9:00), then waited for the culinary delights of the nearby sports bar. I think Torrey food is looking pretty good at this point.

lawnchairboy

right behind you just east of St. Louis, rained cats and dogs from the chesapeake bay almost all the way through WV, then all over again in IL...

We have a guest with "no socks". He has no plans other than being in Torrey.....sometime.

He could head west at any moment.

Mrs Whip and I are still on schedule for Monday mornin.

See ya all soon.

Whip

Archived