IGNORED

Date of Fall Torrey, 2005!

KMG_365

Fall Torrey will be held the last FULL weekend of the month of September, one with both a Saturday and Sunday in September. The Gathering starts on Friday.

The HQ will be Randy Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge located at 12 West Main Street in Torrey.

(N 38* 17.968' W 111* 25.322')

The Chuckwagon's web site is here: <a href="http://www.austinschuckwagonmotel.com/motel.html" target="_blank">http://www.austinschuckwagonmotel.com/motel.html </a>

And the phone number is: (800)863-3288 or (435)425-3335 or Fax:(435)425-3434

Some things to keep in mind:

1) It does fill up early, but there are also a lot of last minute cancellations, which are filled first-come-first-serve from the waiting list.

2) Remember, even if you don't get a room at the Chuckwagon when you call, be sure to get on the waiting list! Cancellations will be offered to folks on the list and I got a room when I called at the last minute when I was twelfth on the list last year! eek.gif

3) If you cancel, your room will be filled from the waiting list--not from someone who you want to give it to. Therefore:

4) Get your roommate(s) name(s) on the room with you, should you have to cancel.

5) If you have to cancel your room--do it as soon as you know you can't make it--this saves Randy a huge last-minute rush-headache and makes it possible for others on the waiting list to get a room and cancel their other arrangements.

Any corrections or anything else I'm missing? If so, please add it here. I'll make this thread a calendar entry and "keep" it so that it will be here for future searches.

Thanks and see you there! thumbsup.gif

BTW, BMWSportTouring.com's Death Valley Daze will be held every Martin Luther King Day weekend (mid January) in Beatty, NV!

and

Spring Torrey will be held the weekend before the weekend of US Memorial Day. The Gathering starts Friday, on the 10th day before Memorial Day. (I think this is always Victoria Day weekend!)

See the calendar entries for the details! cool.gif

Jamie thanks for consolidating the info.

If the ChuckWagon is full, is there a "next best" motel nearby? Anyone have a recommendation for backup motels?

• 2 months later...

I have put a list of lodging possibilities with phone numbers etc. here

Feel free to update it. If you have questions or comments about my page please don't post them on this thread - let's keep it clean as a calendar entry.

RichEdwards

Fall Torrey will be held the last FULL weekend of the month of September, one with both a Saturday and Sunday in September.

I assume that means Sept. 23, 24, 25 this year. I may get a chance to make this one. grin.gif

Fall Torrey will be held the last FULL weekend of the month of September, one with both a Saturday and Sunday in September. The Gathering starts on Friday.

As always, no shortness of confusion around here. eek.gif

I'm fresh off the phone with Michelle from the Chuckwagon. She states that everyone is registered for the fall event which by her card is 9/30-10/2. This goes against the last "full weekend" stated above.

She said today David called and reserved for weekend before this which actually IS the last "full weekend" of Sept.

Sooo, which is it?? I reserved for both weekends until we get this right, but that's not the issue. Apparently, mass peeps are registered for the 9/30-10/2 dates, and she's willing to start making calls to reschedule the peeps that need it.

She's waiting to hear back from me tomorrow. Any ideas here??

See the calendar entries for the details! cool.gif

Went there. Nobody home.

Edit: Learned how to work calander. Somebody home.

Will call Michelle right now and change my own date. Reccomend those who haven't....do so. thumbsup.gif

Ok, one more phone call to Michelle. She's a tad confused. The place is booked by RT.com for 9/30-10-2. The place is empty except for David, Roger and now myself for 9/23-9/25. She said she can start doing some pencil work tonite,but everyone needs to call and reconfirm for the earlier date.

They are there MST 2pm-10pm all next week. It'll be her or Randy you will talk to.

Im in. Hope you are too.

BTW, FWIW....I really like the setup for the new fall dates. I think that after this little confusion is done, it'll pave the way for ALL fall Torreys to be an easier mark. thumbsup.gif

See....you continue to scroll down and read my inane babble, when what you should really do is......

PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THE CHUCKWAGON TO RESERVE A ROOM FOR FALL TORREY 9/23-9/25. GET OFF YOUR BUTT. DO IT NOW

1-800-863-3288

This message brought to you in hopes of a great fall gathering. Thank you.

Bill_Walker

Pardon my newbieness (newbism? Newbicity?), Jamie, but what's up with the obvious reticence to post actual calendar dates for the Torrey events? Sure, I could look at a calendar and figure it out from the above, but just saying that it's September 23-25 (oops, did I say that out loud?) would avoid any confusion.

Pardon my newbieness (newbism? Newbicity?), Jamie, but what's up with the obvious reticence to post actual calendar dates for the Torrey events? Sure, I could look at a calendar and figure it out from the above, but just saying that it's September 23-25 (oops, did I say that out loud?) would avoid any confusion.
There's no real reticence, we are just trying to establish that Torrey will be the same weekends every year. Given the size of the event and the fact that we like to take over the whole hotel it is necessary to do that.
There's no real reticence, we are just trying to establish that Torrey will be the same weekends every year. Given the size of the event and the fact that we like to take over the whole hotel it is necessary to do that.

And while that makes perfect sense, and I almost replied with a similar message, I note the subject says "Fall Torrey, 2005". Unless we shift to some other calendar, another fall 2005 is unlikely to come to pass.

Greg

I just called the Chuckwagon and they are booked up. The staff there transferred the reservations from the Sept/Oct weekend to the prior weekend, but they seem to think that there may be some "overlap" because of this. A call to confirm and/or to eliminate the overlap might be in order for those who have reserved already.

Archived