IGNORED

Looking for Spring '05 Torrey

stanf

Can I get a little direction to the '05 Torrey thread? The "events" link is all about the '04 Spring Torrey and I haven't found any threads in Ride Planning.

After attending my first Death Valley gathering last weekend and hearing everyone talk about how great Torrey is, I'm in...that is if I can figure out how/where to get in.

I assume the Chuckwagon everyone talks about is booked but looking for a thread that contains other options.

Thanks in advance!

Stan, it's a thread called Spring Torrey 2005 - When. Search on that, you'll find it - unfortunately I ain't learned how to copy threads yet........

Great to ride with you last weekend, welcome to the board.

Thanks Phil,

I found it after much searching....I'm planning on attending.

I searched for "+2005 +Torrey +when" in Ride Planning, subject only, over last 1 year, and found it right away.

For some reason this event is not in the calendar, I tried to create a calendar entry but it will only let me add private events which doesn't seem right although I don't know exactly what that means, we need a moderator!

Spring Torrey will be held the weekend before the weekend of US Memorial Day.

The Gathering starts Friday, on the 10th day before Memorial Day. (I think this is always Victoria Day weekend!)

Fall Torrey will be held the last FULL weekend of the month of September, one with both a Saturday and Sunday in September. The Gathering starts on Friday.

The HQ will be Randy Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge located at 12 West Main Street in Torrey.

(N 38* 17.968' W 111* 25.322')

The Chuckwagon's web site is here: <a href="http://www.austinschuckwagonmotel.com/motel.html" target="_blank">http://www.austinschuckwagonmotel.com/motel.html </a>

And the phone number is: (800)863-3288 or (435)425-3335 or Fax:(435)425-3434

Some things to keep in mind:

1) It does fill up early, but there are also a lot of last minute cancellations, which are filled first-come-first-serve from the waiting list.

2) Remember, even if you don't get a room at the Chuckwagon when you call, be sure to get on the waiting list! Cancellations will be offered to folks on the list and I got a room when I called at the last minute when I was twelfth on the list last year! eek.gif

3) If you cancel, your room will be filled from the waiting list--not from someone who you want to give it to. Therefore:

4) Get your roommate(s) name(s) on the room with you, should you have to cancel.

5) If you have to cancel your room--do it as soon as you know you can't make it--this saves Randy a huge last-minute rush-headache and makes it possible for others on the waiting list to get a room and cancel their other arrangements.

Any corrections or anything else I'm missing? If so, please add it here, or to the new post I'll make as a calendar entry and "keep" them both so the info will be here for future searches.

Thanks and see you there! thumbsup.gif

BTW, BMWSportTouring.com's Death Valley Daze will be held every Martin Luther King Day weekend in Beatty, NV! See the calendar entry for January for the details! cool.gif

Archived