IGNORED

F650GS - Nothing

Lets_Play_Two

Lets_Play_Two

I was going to ride the wife's 650 to work this AM but when I tried to start it nothing happened...no sound at all. She just rode it about 120 miles on Sunday. When I turned the key off and back on the odometer showed some symbols and then settled on the mileage number and both the speedometer and the tachometer slowly turned all the way clockwise. I am assuming the battery is dead though I don't know why (key was off, no accessories attached). Anybody ever experienced anything similar on the 650?

No, not yet. I would assume the water level in the battery is probably too low or the battery is dead. These batteries can't "hold their water", so to speak. Either that or it may be a loose terminal or ground. Let us know

As posted over at the Chaingang site, there are now several maint. free batteries available for the 650GS. I got mine from www.bikebatts.com and it has been in Pepper for about a year with no troubles. I hated having to undo the plastic just to check the water level. Oh, and with the regular battery, if you fall over, chances are the acid will overflow and damage your engine paint with the regular battery. Not so with the maint. free type. Disclosure: I have no interest in Bikebatts other than being a satisfied client; etc. etc. blah, blah, blah.

Lets_Play_Two

They only show compatibility up through 2005. I see you have a 2006. Which battery do you use and does it require any modification to the battery tray?

Archived