IGNORED

Anyone own Motoport Ultra II Cordura Jackets ?

mos

I am thinking about buying a Motoport U II Cordura jacket. Looking for feed back on riders who have owned the jacket. Does it have that wide temp range is it waterproof , well made , etc ?

Mike

Mike

I have a GP-2 Motoport jacket. You may want to take a look at that product. It is made of Kevlar vs. Cordura which has more tear resistance than Cordura. I am very happy with the construction and quality of this jacket. I fully expect it to last until I hang up my boots, gloves, and helmet for the last time.

No experience with the Cordura, but I own the UltraII Kevlar Suit in two variations (3/4 length jacket and 1/2 length zip to the pants jacket).

Best, most versatile suit(s) I have ever owned.

From single digits to 117 degrees, my suit has kept me comfortable. No electrics needed when using insulated liner in the cold/wet. Controlled evaporation in the extreme heat without any additional measures other than staying hydrated(if I soak a t-shirt under the jacket, it cools me to the point of shivering, yet doesn't dry out for hours!)

My gloves and boots are always the weak points...

+1....own the 3/4 mesh jacket Kevlar and pants and ALL liners...Will never go back to another brand suit unless they go out of business and I can not get a replacement....

I had the Ultra II Kevlar custom made for me (3/4 length) in the hot yellow color. Great jacket.

Had them make black pants to match (with liner). Also ordered their mesh pants and will order the mesh jacket this season.

I like the strength of the Kevlar for year round wear. I got my girlfriend the Cordura for a summer jacket.

Count me in on a vote for the Kevlar Jacket and Pants also. Add another one for my friend wearing one who hit a large deer at 75mph on a Saturday and went to work on the following Monday. Now if his new GS had just survived as well as he did.

I had the Ultra II Cordura Jacket and pants with liners custom made for me. Excellent product and service. I found the jacket to too warm for me in 95°+ weather. I ordered the kevlar Ultra II jacket this December (and expect to give it lots of use this summer). Motoport made sure I would be able to switch the liners between the two jackets. Great company to deal with and great product.

I've had one for awhile and am reasonbly satisfied with it. However, it's no Aerostich in terms of build quality or features. I bought it looking for a 3/4 length touring jacket that wouldn't be too hot in the summer and good in the winter. Since it is not lined and has a looser weave style Cordura, it is less clammy than my Goretex lined Roadcrafter. However, the venting is not as effective and the pockets and closures are not Aerostich level. In the winter, the Motoport does not windblock quite as effectively as the Roadcrafter however I do not have the available liner for the Motoport.

So, I've kept the Motoport for a number of years because it fits me well. Must say tho that I've been hankering for a Aerostich Darien for awhile and will eventually upgrade. What size do you need? wink.gif

CruisinCruzan

I have the cordura pants and the air mesh kevlar jacket and pants. The cordura is a softer more comfortable fabric than the kevlar and it is a relatively loose weave so you do get some airflow through it, although obviously not as much as the kevlar mesh. The liners are a PITA to put on and zip up if it begins raining. Its much easier to carry a rain suit. If you wanted one product for all weather including hot humid weather I would probably get the mesh and a heated waterproof liner for underneath or their insulated waterproof liner. For times when you just needed rain protection I would use a rain jacket over the mesh jacket. If you order from them, order way before you need it, delivery ETAs have never had any relationship to when I have actually rec'd their products (3 different orders)

Thanks for all your feed back . It seens that the riders who have the Kevler say that is the way to go. The problem is it is going to be x 2 { rider & passenger } Ouch !

Mos

It is a lot of dinero for sure. My buddy has had his GP-2 Kevlar suit for at least 10 years and it still looks new. When you look at that kind of longevity over time it is a worthy investment.

CruisinCruzan

My wife didn't like my kevlar mesh jacket and she wanted a hot weather jacket, so after looking and trying on many different jackets she finally found one she liked, a Rukka air power. It has 2 distinct advantages over the motoport, it is more comfortable and it makes every other piece of apparel you will ever buy seem like a bargain!

• 10 months later...

I bought the Ultra II in Cordura (hi vis yellow) with both liners and matching pants (black) with rain liner. I have not gotten caught in the rain yet but I have riden in 25 degree weather (February in Michigan). I had on a t-shirt and blue jeans under. I was not cold. I have riden when it is 95 and humid with the coat and pants (no liners). When I am moving I am comfortable (yeah I'm hot but I chose this in case a highly unlikly event of a slide happens). To me 95 degrees and humid is hot even in swim shorts! I can't see any other brand be much better. Style is not as high as Stich, BMW or Rukka but those guys won't alter your pants or jacket EVER!!! Motoport will make sure it fits. That's what they did for me and I only bought pants and a jacket. I'm not trying to say one is better than the other (I've only owned a Motoport) but I am happy with my investment.

I wear the Ultra II Cordura 2-pc suit for the past three or four years. Love it. The pants could fit a little more snugly (wind flapping). The Velcro does wear (still okay but noticeably weaker). Styling is 100% dork. I could wish for a waterproof pocket or two but I really like the unlined material otherwise.

The separate Goretex liners are awesomely made. Do NOT get the insulated set unless you only want cold+wet resistance. They are too warm at anything over 60-odd degrees.

Archived