IGNORED

Cee Bailey's Seats

Fightingpiper

Fightingpiper

Anyone have any experience with a Cee Baily'es Seat? I was leaning towards a Bill Mayer saddle but looks I can get a custom leather Cee Bailey's for $500 about the same as a BMS vinyl. Any Thoughts??? I usually don't mind being a guinea pig but this is quit a bit o money to be the first one to try....

I have a Bailey and it is great. There is a seat for every butt and this one fits me just right for long days in the saddle. Previously I had the stock seat, a Corbin front and rear, a Russell day long, and now the Bailey. Workmanship is good, at the time I got it they were just getting into the seat business. Some have had problems with their customer service and getting their seat in a timely manner as well as communicating with Bailey about problems with their seat. No idea if that has improved. Based on my experinece with the seat, I would not hesitate buying another. Standard disclaimer, no affilaition whatsoever with Bailey, etc.

I had a Cee Bailey seat built for me last year. While it is far more comfy than the stock seats, or the Corbin it just does not compare to the Russell that I have now. I have not tried either of the Mayer seats. I can say that the Russell feels better after 10 hours than the Cee Bailey does after 2 hours!

I had my new Russell done in all vinyl. I had leather on other seats. When wearing overpants all the time the leather is no more comfortable than vinyl and the vinyl is easier to care for and does not show the "cracks" like leather does after a year or so.

i have had one for about 3 years. much better than stock, but there is still a hot spot so i can ride a long time, but it takes some squirming. alaska sheepskin helps, but it is might tall with that on it. it was one of their earliest ones so maybe they have gotten better, i could have sent it back for tuning, but didn't, should have. (also, mine is leather, heated - could be the heating coils causing the problem?)

tom

I've had the Cee Bailey's saddle for about 3K miles and for me it's definitely an improvement over the stock "comfort seat" - so much so that I'm done looking for another seat upgrade. I did take it back to them for tuning after about 200 mi., which they did promptly and courteously. (They corrected a little bit of remaining "slide forward" syndrome).

Before I bought their seat, I knew that there would probably be a "break in" period. That did turn out to be the case, and while I don't really know if the seat conformed to me or v.v., I find that I just don't think about the seat while riding. To me, that's all I can ask.

Archived