IGNORED

F800GS not available until March?

camille

Paul Mihalka

BMWNA suggested open house at every dealer in the country on March 8. That is the official introduction/delivery date of the F800 GS and the new 2008 R1200GS and Adventure.

I have been reading on several boards that the grand unveiling will be delayed now. In OZ it is going to be November. Here, it is not quite certain. I would recheck, because the other board writer said the delay just came out.

If so, that news is a real OINKER! bncry.gif

It's official (See f800riders.org) that the release for North America at least, has been put off until September.

It's true! My dealer got the e-mail today. No F800GS until September. They're asking dealers to submit contact info for customers that have placed deposits so that BMWNA can contact them directly.

On another note, my MCN issue had a piece on the 800GS and stated that the F650GS would be back in the US in '08. WRONG!

Sorry for the bad news...

If the F800GS is not supposed to be released here until fall, why oh why is BMW running a Sweepstakes on their NA website?

I probably shouldn't share this 'cause I already entered, but see BMWNA cool.gif

They say the launch is March 8th, like Paul said. lurker.gif

If the F800GS is not supposed to be released here until fall, why oh why is BMW running a Sweepstakes on their NA website?

I probably shouldn't share this 'cause I already entered, but see BMWNA cool.gif

They say the launch is March 8th, like Paul said. lurker.gif

From the contest rules:

"PRIZE: Grand Prize (1): A 2008 BMW F 800 GS Motorcycle (subject to winner qualification and vehicle availability). "

From the contest rules:

"PRIZE: Grand Prize (1): A 2008 BMW F 800 GS Motorcycle (subject to winner qualification and vehicle availability). "

Well, I did read that but I'm ignoring it for the sake of argument. tongue.gif

From the contest rules:

Well, I did read that but I'm ignoring it for the sake of argument. tongue.gif

grin.gif

I probably shouldn't share this 'cause I already entered

Yeah really.......shut up dude lmao.gif

We need all the help we can get. The less competition the better grin.gif

I probably shouldn't share this 'cause I already entered

Yeah really.......shut up dude lmao.gif

We need all the help we can get. The less competition the better grin.gif

Sorry guys....one more competitor is now registered!!!! thumbsup.gif

It's official (See f800riders.org) that the release for North America at least, has been put off until September.

Our dealer announced the delay at the Beehive Beemer breakfast this morning, but did not give a new date.

Jan

I have to wonder how closely Yamaha is watching BMWs apparent stumble on their release date of the 800gs. I have read that they maybe reconsidering the decision on bringing the Tenere here to the USA. I know it's a different animal but it has a simular audience. You will see in the video that they also make the Kool-Aid. grin.gif

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/adventure/xt660z.jsp?view=video

2008-XT660Z-Tenere-action-10_tcm26-.jpg

2008-XT660Z-Tenere-action-09_tcm26-.jpg

Pat

I have to wonder how closely Yamaha is watching BMWs apparent stumble on their release date of the 800gs. I have read that they maybe reconsidering the decision on bringing the Tenere here to the USA. I know it's a different animal but it has a simular audience. You will see in the video that they also make the Kool-Aid. grin.gif

Why the heck would they put those tin cans on the bike for publicity photos? I couldn't get the link to work. And what is Kool-Aid please? Sorry, just a neophyte here.

Got the link to work after a few more tries.....must have been siesta time at yamaha-europe! After watching the video, I think I also figured out what Kool-Aid is! cool.gif

Those bags, or should I say boxes, are a big part of the adventure touring image. I guess rugged & strong or, a I don't give a ---- what you think about my bike is the popular attitude. They do hold more stuff & are generally stronger. smirk.gif I could be wrong on the Kool-Aid joke, but I believe it's a BMW thing. If you drink it, one will not question the all mighty God, oops I mean BMW. grin.gif

Pat

On another note, my MCN issue had a piece on the 800GS and stated that the F650GS would be back in the US in '08. WRONG

------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke with someone at the IMS at San Mateo and he said the F650GS and F650GS Dakar were still being produced and sold in Europe. He also mentioned that BMW was surprised at how many F650s were sold in 2007 and that after the anticipated buying frenzy of the F800GS died down BMW was considering bringing them back to the US market. Just a rumor.

Yep, next fall.

The sweepstakes still says win one on 3/8/08. But I heard from a confidential wink.gifwink.gif source that the sweepstakes will be called off because of un-availability, so there's really no good reason for any more of y'all to enter. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Yep, next fall.

The sweepstakes still says win one on 3/8/08. But I heard from a confidential wink.gifwink.gif source that the sweepstakes will be called off because of un-availability, so there's really no good reason for any more of y'all to enter. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

If they are using European date format, that is 3 August 08 lmao.gif

andy

Archived