IGNORED

A Ride to Carmel?

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Hi all,

Anyone want to tag along with me for a long day ride on Saturday? Due to icy conditions up on CA 33 I am gonna forego CA 33/46, etc, but instead will just shoot up the 101 to CA 1.

With some luck, I'll be eating biscottis at the Carmel Valley Bakery before turning around and heading home....

What do you think? I'll be at the Denny's at Grand and the 210 FWY at 0500 on Saturday morning. Join me if you can! I can also pick you up on the 134 or 101 as I wind west and north...

Cheers,

Steve

I'd love too, alas relatives in from out of town until 1/2/08 wave.gif

Can't break free tongue.gif

Bring em back a basket of pastry, that will soooooth ruffaled feathers wave.gif

AdventurePoser
I'd love too, alas relatives in from out of town until 1/2/08 wave.gif

Can't break free tongue.gif

Bring em back a basket of pastry, that will soooooth ruffaled feathers wave.gif

Ah, it sounds like you've been there, Bill. The dessert pastries are incredible. Huge, chocolate dunked biscotti, incredible cinnamon "elephant ears," and other goodies too numerous to miss.

And, only 355 short miles from my house....

Steve in So Cal

Man, I'd love to join yaall, but like Boney I getsta work..... cus my boss thinks that bonding with his first year collage son at the Emerald bowl game in the Bay area is somehow more important than MY riding time.

Uh, weeell, this time he is right on.

Have a fine ol time

AdventurePoser
Sorry, Steve, but I'll be going to Guadalupe. You are more than welcome if you change your mind.

Thanks for reminding me of your previously posted ride...this would be fun too. I do know the Far West Tavern.

If I decide to not ride quite so far, I'll join you guys at the Farwest!

See you later, Bill!

Steve in So Cal

If you were to say show up at a certain seafood place between 11:30 and say

noon or so, you'd get to meet someone from WI who a few of us are planning

to take down the coast to Phil's.

If it's cold, I'll be on the GT with the heated seats. But if it's reasonable,

I'm takin' the hooligan ride--my KTM.

Maybe we'll see you there?

AdventurePoser

Phils at 1130? I don't think I could make it by 1130 unless I scorch straight up US 101...Could be cutting it pretty close.

If I am not there, have a great lunch!

Steve in So Cal

Steve,

Do you have an address for the Carmel Valley Bakery?

Mapquest isn't able to find it for us.

We'll be going with Bill to Guadalupe... clap.gifbncry.gifclap.gifbncry.gif

But Dianne loves Carmel, and we'd like to have the bakery on our list of spots to visit when we get there later on our own. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

We'll see you at the next Coffee Klatch for sure thumbsup.gif

Only missed the last one because of the old ticker deciding to have a mind of its own eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Check the weather up to Carmel for sure Steve. That wind coming down from the north is COLLLLLLDDDDD. I just rode back from Paso Robles today in mid to upper 40's temperatures with some wind. I was pretty cold until I got to Santa Clarita and was still cold by the time I got home. Have fun and ride safe. FYI. The eastern end of Rt. 58 as you start descending east of the summit is VERY SANDY AND WHITE KNUCKLE SLIPPERY. DEFINITE "PUCKER FACTOR" STUFF.

Good lord, Steve. My plans for Saturday involve sleeping in until the crack of noon. If I get ambitious later on, I might head down to one of the local bakeries, but Carmel is right out. Enjoy your ride!

Check the weather up to Carmel for sure Steve. That wind coming down from the north is COLLLLLLDDDDD. I just rode back from Paso Robles today in mid to upper 40's temperatures with some wind. I was pretty cold until I got to Santa Clarita and was still cold by the time I got home. Have fun and ride safe. FYI. The eastern end of Rt. 58 as you start descending east of the summit is VERY SANDY AND WHITE KNUCKLE SLIPPERY. DEFINITE "PUCKER FACTOR" STUFF.

But the skies are clear! Check the radar. It's freaking unbelievable!

That's the tradeoff with a La Nina winter; cold (for us Californians anyway) and dry is better than cool and wet if it wasn't for this dang drought.

Now if I can just run a wire from my tent to the bike so that I can plug in my Gerbings...

Well, I am thinking about it. I will check my calendar and with my boss(y) wife and see if I can pull this one off. dopeslap.gif

I'll get back to you sometime on Friday morning/early afternoon.

Feel free to PM me.

AdventurePoser

Thanks for the tip here, Keith. I agree that end of 58 can get pretty spooky. A few Christmas holidays ago, J and I slipped mid apex on 58 in that area. No Fall Down Go Boom, but scary close!

Cheers,

Steve

I thought I posted earlier. But Phil's is out.

We have rescheduled it until Sunday at the request

of some people who are averse to a little water

with their ride.

AdventurePoser

I had a minor bike problem which knocked me out of my long ride today...I met John at our rendezous, but did not ride with him since I thought it best to hit the dealership instead.

It all worked out!

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Archived