IGNORED

Front brakes won't bleed on KLR 250

Reddog900

Changed out the stock brake line with a Stainless Steel brake line on my Kawasaki 250. While the line was off I thought I would flush out the piston unit on the brake lever, so I filled the resivoir and pulled in the handle a few times. Did not get much fluid pushed through. Connected the new brake line and proceeded to bleed the system. Filled resivoir and pumped the lever to fill the line, no matter how many times I pumped the lever I did not get any brake fluid out of bleeder and the resivoiur level did not go down.

Any idea as to the problem??

Thanks for your help.

Get a Vacuum pump to bleed the brakes and you may have to remove the brake from the fork tube to get the nipple below the banjo on the brake in order to get the air out of the brake itself. Your upgrade to stainless hoses is something I have considered doing but I'm too frugal, if not cheap.

Agree with taking the brake off and rotating it to try to get the air to come to the bleed point.

Also, I had a KTM520 that was tough. One dealer suggested pressure bleeding. Here, instead of using the brake lever to force fluid, you "push" the fluid through from the bottom bleed point up into the reservoir. I used a squeeze bulb. It worked. Also had to move the brake around some to get that last smit of air.

Archived