IGNORED

Announcing Mayhem 2005!

ChrisNYC

Thanks for the update Chris...

Just got back from vacation smile.gif

Scot says:

Uh, aren't you on permanent vacation?

Yeah...but you have to take vacations from the permanent vacation just so you don't forget how much fun "vacations" are all about thumbsup.gif

Therefor we had to leave our Asheville vacation for a Hawaiian vacation clap.gif

Chris and Len -

What is the situation regarding places to eat near the cabins?

Do we need to pack in our own chow, or are there restaurants nearby?

Art,

your best bet may be to contact the park itself and ask them their advice on that. I believe that they have a restaurant on premises or something along those lines.

Otherwise, if you decide to forage for food in the woods, eek.gif watch out that you don't run into Bigfoot Brian grin.gif

Art said What is the situation regarding places to eat near the cabins?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm preparing for vacation next week so it might be a while before I can investigate ...

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

eek.gif watch out that you don't run into Bigfoot Brian grin.gif

don't worry, I only eat the small, frail ones. Like Jimmy. grin.gif

First,

Room Hold will be released as of April 12th according to Len. After that, rooms are up for grabs on a first come first served basis.

Second,

I will not be goaded into an online duel with Bigfoot,

even if he continues to harrass me by insinuating that I am Frail tongue.gif.

Heck, even the Hulk eek.gif would look Frail next to him with all those NEW muscles he has now dopeslap.gifclap.gif

There is also prime "swamp"land for sale in Florida for pennies!

And you can buy the Brooklyn Bridge dirt cheap

Right now we've got about 25 people who've made reservations (at North Bend State Park) for Mayhem 2005. We've got a place to stay and roads to ride. We usually don't plan any kind of enforced group activities, but we usually do have one planned dinner together. Right now we are looking for a volunteer for Dinner Chairperson, someone to organize a group dinner for us all. If you'd like to volunteer to corral this bunch to a group dinner, please contact Len Parkin at lparkin@juno.com (he'll respond to emails when he returns around April 1 from vacation).

If you've got any other ideas for group activities, contact me or Len, and we'll see how we can make it happen.

------------------

310287-mar2004.gif

Yea,

But only if you like Morrel mushrooms, and fresh caught trout. You have to provide the trout. It'll be sauted in lots of butter. wink.gifcrazy.gif

gsweave

W. VA my 2nd home.

I'll be camping but look forward to meeting all of you at this event. I have heard lots of good things about it.

V

Right now we've got about 25 people who've made reservations (at North Bend State Park) for Mayhem 2005. We've got a place to stay and roads to ride. We usually don't plan any kind of enforced group activities, but we usually do have one planned dinner together. Right now we are looking for a volunteer for Dinner Chairperson, someone to organize a group dinner for us all. If you'd like to volunteer to corral this bunch to a group dinner, please contact Len Parkin at lparkin@juno.com (he'll respond to emails when he returns around April 1 from vacation).

If you've got any other ideas for group activities, contact me or Len, and we'll see how we can make it happen.

------------------

Chris

Chris,

I think with all of your food background, you would be the ideal person to coordinate the dinner. Actually it could just be a BBQ or the dinner that the park would do for us.

I think if you just give them a head count the day before, that would probably be all they needed. The money could be collected same day.

I vote for you clap.gif especially since you had done such a great job at Mayhem I

All in favor say "AYE" !!

You definitely don't want me. If I was in charge, the meal would be rock hard Powerbars and cold coffee, served at 10:00pm. thumbsup.gif

Maybe we can find a "retired" guy to do it. You know, someone with some spare time on his hands........... crazy.gif

You definitely don't want me. If I was in charge, the meal would be rock hard Powerbars and cold coffee, served at 10:00pm. thumbsup.gif

Maybe we can find a "retired" guy to do it. You know, someone with some spare time on his hands........... crazy.gif

blush.gif I have no idea who you could mean wink.gif

Art .. said If I was in charge, the meal would be rock hard Powerbars ..

Ok, put me down for a coupla peanut butters ... tongue.gif

Chris

Regarding group meals, these suggestions have been given to us by the Tourism Dept. (also we've been advised that groups should request a reservation for lunch at these locations. )

Good Evening Ranch, Canvas, WV,

www.goodeveningranch.com

877-595-5448

Stonewall Resort, 940 Resort Drive, Roanoke, WV,

www.stonewallresort.com

888-278-8150

Quinet's Smorgasbord, Main St., New Martinsville, WV,

304-455-2110

------------------

310287-mar2004.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
DOOD!!! Way to cool! It should be fun... grin.gif

Shawn

Tanks for de reminder.

Here's my official

IN. cool.gif

Hmmm...perusing this thread I realized I never threw my "IN", in. So here it is. I have had my reservation at North Bend since December. Duh.

And my brother, the former USAF86 of this board, will be tagging along on his new (to him) Sprint ST.

the anticipation is killing me. I can't wait.

Anticipation? Of what you may need?

Will it be time for a new starter again? thumbsup.gif

BMWGreenRT said Anticipation?

Yes, everyone's excited about my latest gadget which I finished prototyping last week ... it's called the EZ Snoozer, and yes, I'm serious .... thumbsup.gif

------------------

310287-mar2004.gif

BMWGreenRT said Anticipation?

Yes, everyone's excited about my latest gadget which I finished prototyping last week ... it's called the EZ Snoozer, and yes, I'm serious .... thumbsup.gif

Does it work like the EZ leaker?

KDeline said Does it work like the EZ leaker?

It's more noticeable, but more sanitary eek.gif

------------------

310287-mar2004.gif

KDeline said Does it work like the EZ leaker?

It's more noticeable, but more sanitary eek.gif

That's all well and good, but I want to know when you invent an EZ-Crapper thumbsup.gif

I'll be the first one to buy it as a gift for my good friend Brian cool.gif

------------------

310287-mar2004.gif

That's all well and good, but I want to know when you invent an EZ-Crapper

They did that, White Castle...Taco Bell later perfected the design.

Ask, and yea shall receive.......

bdedned1.jpg

The Bumper Dumper

Jim, now it's up to you to attach it to the back of Brian's GS............. smile.gif

Art,

You are "Da Man" !!!

That GS is so big that we'll have "NO" problem attaching it...

BTW...is that Brian testing it out in the picture? eek.gif It sure looks alot like him thumbsup.gif

I don't think it's Brian.........looks like that guy actually knows how to read......... clap.gifclap.gif

I'm only looking at the pictures. Nothing like the open and tranquil feeling of the great outdoors. ahhhhhh

BPeterson said Nothing like the open and tranquil feeling of the great outdoors. ahhhhhh

And with that, let it be known that the Season of Mayhem has officially begun! clap.gifroflmao.gif

------------------

310287-mar2004.gif

BPeterson said Nothing like the open and tranquil feeling of the great outdoors. ahhhhhh

And with that, let it be known that the Season of Mayhem has officially begun! clap.gifroflmao.gif

Chris

You got that right ! clap.gif

RandyShields

In. Don't see too many El Paseo names, so we'll be sure to bring the snow flurries and electric vests. blush.gif

Randy Shields

I had to cancel my reservation for Mayhem so there is a room now available. If I can make it, I'll be camping.

Enjoy.

I had to cancel my reservation for Mayhem so there is a room now available. If I can make it, I'll be camping.

Enjoy.

frown.giffrown.gif

we'll miss you Scott.

Enjoy.

Gee...I could have made a lot of money betting on you.

I just knew you wouldn't come after all those nice things we wrote on the back of your bike last year grin.gif

Hope you can make it anyway Larry smirk.gif er..George eek.gif er..Scott??

Hi all!

This will be my first rally since getting back in the saddle after a 20 year hiatus. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded BMWST-types! See you there, Sat-Sun.

Enjoy.

frown.giffrown.gif

we'll miss you Scott.

I may be able to make it Saturday night, but it's looking like that will be it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Hi all!

This will be my first rally since getting back in the saddle after a 20 year hiatus. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded BMWST-types! See you there, Sat-Sun.

Welcome!!! Glad you could join us.

Hey,

I almost couldn't find this thread. Haven't been online much, but looking forward to the event.

How come you guys aren't "sticky'd" at the top?

BMWGreenRT

Enjoy.

frown.giffrown.gif

we'll miss you Scott.

I may be able to make it Saturday night, but it's looking like that will be it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Scott !!

Uncross those fingers dopeslap.gif and just DO IT clap.gif

R1200GS_X5
Hi all!

Dag nab it, gotta cancel. I'm doing the single parent thing (wife passed away from lung cancer last June) and my daughter decided to do the senior prom, last minute. Same day as my intended arrival at Mayhem! Somebody take photos for us who can't be there. Instead I'll take her pictures and then head over to the Greater Cincinnati BMW Riders monthly meeting.

This opens up a room Saturday night!

BPeterson
Hi all!

Dag nab it, gotta cancel. I'm doing the single parent thing (wife passed away from lung cancer last June) and my daughter decided to do the senior prom, last minute. Same day as my intended arrival at Mayhem! Somebody take photos for us who can't be there. Instead I'll take her pictures and then head over to the Greater Cincinnati BMW Riders monthly meeting.

This opens up a room Saturday night!

Sorry to hear about your wife.

Congrats to your daughter on the Prom! Having you available will certainly make it more memorable.

We'll take photos and post them when we're back

The person i was sharing a room with for 3 days cancelled

So if any one needs to split room costs for three days in the park give a YELL. tongue.gif

After looking at the area I know there are a lot of good roads to be ridden. Has anyone familiar with the area put together any routes that they would care to share? Any of those "you gotta ride this road" type stuff? A GS route would be cool as long as someone wants to ride along to help me pick up the bike if needed blush.gif

BPeterson

David, MattS posted 4 routes towards the beginning of this thread.

I'd love to do a GS ride as well. Let's see what we can come up with. Anyone local, or familar with the area want to jump in w/suggestions?

see you in 2 weeks!!!

I booked my lodge reservation well in advance and at the time i was only planning on being there Fri-Sun. Well, now a friend and I are trying to leave on Thursday, but the lodge is all booked for Thursday night.

So....if anyone cancels their room for Thursday night, could ya PM me or post up on this thread.

TIA

SCOTTinNJ
I booked my lodge reservation well in advance and at the time i was only planning on being there Fri-Sun. Well, now a friend and I are trying to leave on Thursday, but the lodge is all booked for Thursday night.

So....if anyone cancels their room for Thursday night, could ya PM me or post up on this thread.

TIA

Check with them. I cancelled my room a little while back.

Check with them. I cancelled my room a little while back.

I called this morning and nothing was available for 5/12 in the lodge or a cabin.

I am 'supposedly' on 'the waiting list'.

Archived