IGNORED

"Jap" Used in Referring to Motorcycles

Frank H. Wu

What are you thinking? Yes, I'm prejudiced with no regrets. It's just my family. This topic shouldn't have been brought up but since this was solicited, take it.

And this is exactly the heart of the matter!

Racism is strictly and ONLY learned behavior.

I can't comprehend teaching someone to hate because of ignorance. First, you weren't wronged by anyone from Japan, and second, it was a freakin' war, and their culture was different than ours. However, exactly how many atrocities committed by U.S. soldiers would you need to hate them (our side)?

And on the circle goes until someone grows up and decides to pull their head outta their a$$

I smell a lock coming soon, and I want to say how impressed I am with all of you (well, most of you) with the civility that has been used.

You should feel fortunate that's the only name the Japanese seem to be called. My father, who was a Marine in the Pacific has other names for them.

How dare you blasphemy the name of the US Marine Corps by these comments. I am a former Marine and no first hand that this thinking is absolutely not tolerated. I will say that your family are ex marines at best.

What are you thinking? Yes, I'm prejudiced with no regrets. It's just my family. This topic shouldn't have been brought up but since this was solicited, take it.

It's just your family being lazy! And you in particular for perpetuating a wrong.

This is way over the line and I will be glad to see this one end with some Loctite 271 at a minimum.

Francois_Dumas
You should feel fortunate that's the only name the Japanese seem to be called. My father, who was a Marine in the Pacific has other names for them.

How dare you blasphemy the name of the US Marine Corps by these comments. I am a former Marine and no first hand that this thinking is absolutely not tolerated. I will say that your family are ex marines at best.

It's just your family being lazy! And you in particular for perpetuating a wrong.

This is way over the line and I will be glad to see this one end with some Loctite 271 at a minimum.

However, the post IS valid because in my humble opinion it shows EXACTLY what the REAL problem is: ignorance and lack of tolerance.

My father too was imprisoned in the war (by the Germans, but what's the difference). My mother's home was occupied for 4 years by German soldiers.

They suffered all sorts of abuse (not as bad as many other people).

And yes, they were calling Germans 'names' right after the war, but they also taught us many other things..... one of them to be tolerant towards other-minded people.

That doesn't mean 'rolling over and play dead', but it DOES mean not to HATE someone who may or may not have done something to someone else, in another time, another generation and under different circumstances.

People suffer in ALL conflicts and in an ideal world we would not HAVE conflicts.

The second best thing is for all of us to try and PREVENT getting into conflicts..... Jackflash's attitude seems to be aimed at the opposite and counter-productive to ALL parties involved.

Just my .02 cents.

ShovelStrokeEd

Classy, Flash, real classy. NOT!!

How convenient and easy it is to perpetuate hatred. Try to understand that the war has been over for awhile now. Those who committed whatever are, for the most part, no longer with us. We, the US, were not exactly boy scouts either. Think about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or Dresden in the Euoropean war, for a couple of the more glaring examples.

It would be a shame if Frank were to stop contributing to this board.

It will be a shame if you were to continue your self-serving style of contributions.

Frank is a real person with real feelings who contributes positively to this board.

jackflash is a cover for someone that uses this board for their own good and that takes away the appeal that a lot of use find about this place.

+1, Semper Fi

Once again the members of the board have risen to the occasion and brought this topic back around to a reasonable point.

Thank you all.

That being said, I think that we've covered all the ground that we need to in this particular setting and that we'll put this one to bed now.

Archived