IGNORED

Engine protection bar for R1100RT

Helga

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Engine Protection Bar's for the RT, how do you like them, how sturdy are they, how easy are they to install, would you recommend them? Please post pictures if you have them...

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Engine Protection Bar's for the RT, how do you like them, how sturdy are they, how easy are they to install, would you recommend them? Please post pictures if you have them...

Are you referring to any model in particular? On my R1100 RT-P, I had the standard issue BMW guards, but I don't think that's what you're looking for--or are they?

Helga

I did alot of searching on the internet and this site for engine protection bars for my 03 1150RT. There seems to be a limited amount of options and for me I decided on the Wunderlich set. Do a search "Wunderlich" this will give lots of info.

Keith

I am looking at the Wunderlich book and have always liked the looks of the bars on the police bikes. I am just wondering how they would look in real life on my 99 R1100RT, the functionality of them, and the ease of use(access to the tuperware).

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Hi Karla...do you already have the cylinder protection guards? I abused mine and found them to be quite resistant to knocks.

Did this...

78049294-M.jpg

With this result to the guard...

78049969-M.jpg

But it allowed me to snap this picture...

78050085-M.jpg

Good luck! You coming to the motorcycle show this weekend? wave.gif

I do have the motorcycle guards that you are speaking about, just looking for another fun Farkle for my bike Helga. Will be at the show this weekend, Eastside Motosports has tickets for $8.00. We are also thinking about heading to Portland next weekend for their show. Karla thumbsup.gif

Archived