IGNORED

Costa Brava, Spain

Mr_Yuk

Julie and I rode a pair of F800ST's through the Pyrenees in September. The roads were fantastic and were the most challenging I have ever ridden. My favorite road, however, was actually along the Mediterranean Sea along the Costa Brava. Now this post is also a test to see if I can show a picture or two, so bear with me.

The road is Gi-682, but otherwise known as the Tossa de Mar. It is nicknamed the “Road of the Year” because it has a corner for every day of the year, i.e., 365 in all. Gi682.jpg

That many corners in only 12 miles compares pretty favorably with the “Tail of the Dragon,” which has 318 corners in 11 miles.

Not only was it a wonderful motorcycle road, the scenery wasn't too bad either. Tossa.jpg

AND, we survived - not bad for a couple of old folks. Here we are at one of the turnouts, the Mediterranean Sea behind us. TossaPort.jpg

Hope this worked.

Rod

OK, brace yourselves, here is a little bit more about our trip to the Pyrenees last September. Did I mention that the weather was beautiful? Mostly in the 70-80's, and only a few hours of rain over the two weeks.

Just as a geography refresher, here is where the Pyrenees Mountains are

PyreneesH-Box.jpg

The routes we traveled are shown here in orange (the yellow line is the border between France and Spain), a total of 2100 miles. These are the actual tracks recorded by my GPS.

TracksH.jpg

We stayed in some really fun places too. Here is a Bed & Breakfast, actually included dinner with wine, and brandy after dinner. Look closely at the top of the 3000 foot high rock outcrop.

Guilla.jpg

And this is the view from the B&B terrace.

Guilla%20View.jpg

Some more interesting roads, this is a little, actually very little, road going through the Gorges de Galamus followed by the view of the Gorges de Galamus.

Galamus1.jpgGalamus2.jpg

And finally for this round of the travelogue is this picture of Julie's ass in the French Pyrenees.

Ass.jpg

lmao.gif

Rod

And finally for this round of the travelogue is this picture of Julie's ass in the French Pyrenees.

You are soooo gonna get in trouble for that!

Great pics. Thanks for taking us along.

I finally updated my personal website with the tale of our Pyrenees trip. It has some of these pictures but lots more, and a few descriptions. There are three sections off of the main intro page: Roads, Villages and Sights, and Places to stay. Just click on the hyperlinks. web page

If you find any errors, let me know.

Thanks,

Rod

You are soooo gonna get in trouble for that!

Dunno. My better half would be laughing hers off if I came up with that. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Dangit Rod, your going to end up costing me $$ to get over there now. I've been wanting to ride the Pyrenees and now I need to add Costa Brava as well. Great pics!

Too cool. I've never been too interested in Europe, but rides like that could change my mind. How did you like the F800STs?

The F800STs were the perfect bikes for these roads. They were light, easy to turn (and turn and turn), smooth, and had plenty of power for the conditions. We rode them pretty hard, I took lots of the corners in first gear because you often got surprised with a decreasing radius. Not good to have to downshift in a corner. I think my home bike, a K1200S, would have been too much bike for these roads. You couldn't use the power and having about 100 pounds less weight was good.

Rod

Dangit Rod, your going to end up costing me $$ to get over there now. I've been wanting to ride the Pyrenees and now I need to add Costa Brava as well. Great pics!

Hey, it's only money. What else would you do with it? Besides, the Costa Brava isn't that far from the Pyrenees. Just do it and smile. grin.gif If you do, you definitely will.

Rod

you got that right Rod. Actually tho its probably time that is more dear. I've heard great things about the Pyrenees from others. I've got to go now.

Hey, it's only money. What else would you do with it? Besides, the Costa Brava isn't that far from the Pyrenees. Just do it and smile. grin.gif If you do, you definitely will.

Rod

Archived