IGNORED

AM/FM Antennas

HenWin

I will be mounting my AM/FM/WX radio shortly. It may actually fit in the tail piece--which would be really nice--it's a Heavy Duty (Audio Vox) unit that I got from Sierra Electronics some years ago. It has a wired remote control and was previously mounted under the radio box on my RT-P. It's a bit smaller than a standard DIN sized automotive radio. But I'm wondering what kinds of antennas are available? I have a standard collapsible mast, but if there were something smaller/better that were easier to mount that would be nice.

Any ideas?

thanks!

A lot of the LT guys replace their whip antennas with the short rubber antenna from Radio Shack. A few of them leave it under the seat or trunk and it works fine.

I found an antenna from Antennaworks that I think will do very nicely. It's a small box, that is actually amplified, and may even be magnetic. I bought it from Crutchfield for $30 + $6 for S&H. I believe it'll go under my seat somewhere. The only "problem" is the cable and I'll be calling Antennaworks' tech support tomorrow to see if there's a way to shorten it. The part number is 44-UA20. It's called the Universal Hideaway AM/FM Antenna.

I found an antenna from Antennaworks that I think will do very nicely. It's a small box, that is actually amplified, and may even be magnetic. I bought it from Crutchfield for $30 + $6 for S&H. I believe it'll go under my seat somewhere. The only "problem" is the cable and I'll be calling Antennaworks' tech support tomorrow to see if there's a way to shorten it. The part number is 44-UA20. It's called the Universal Hideaway AM/FM Antenna.

Alas, there's no way to shorten it. I'll have to bundle the extra cable under the seat somewhere...

Archived