IGNORED

Send me you favorite Alabama roads

Fencer

I am trying to put together a loop or 2 of a couple hundred miles in Alabama. I have a handfull of several good roads mostly (well all) are central Alabama. but the location of your "special road" doesn't matter. Thats why its a loop. get on it N.S.E or W. And RIDE. I am trying to find roads I don't know about to connect holes in my plan and the GPS a file to share with all.

PM me or reply here

Thanks in Advance

What I have so far

alabamaGPSmap.jpg

So far I have keyed in the info folks have sent me and it looks like this.

Some will be pretty easy to connect

Its still pretty much straight routes and individual roads at this point (60 diff routes currently)

I plan on leaving one set like this.

Some of these roads should be pretty good as they got a couple of references from diff folks.

Looking at the gap areas on the map, can anyone fill those places?

The gaps in some areas really are not that big. The size of the map is kinda distorting the areas to accomodate size.

email

keving at jandkfencing dot com

Where are You, and which way are you travelling?

Your southern terminus in N. Fla. isn't too far from some nice roads.

Around Chattahoochee, River road, Hwys 269/268/270 between Bristol and Gretna running by Torreya State Park.

Between Midway, and Quincy, off US 90- Hwy 159/270/12/1641/65 to 90 to 274 which will link up w/the above roads.

Where are You, and which way are you travelling?

Your southern terminus in N. Fla. isn't too far from some nice roads.

Around Chattahoochee, River road, Hwys 269/268/270 between Bristol and Gretna running by Torreya State Park.

Between Midway, and Quincy, off US 90- Hwy 159/270/12/1641/65 to 90 to 274 which will link up w/the above roads.

I am in Central Bama, Just below Birmingham.

I am glad I got a response (finally)

I was begining to think there were no Beemers in Bama smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have a central Al loop complete and we'll give it a test run in the Morn (thurs the 27th)

If anyone wants to Join email

keving at jandkfencing dot com

484 miles

centralAlloopmap.jpg

Here is a ride report on the eastern Half of the loop.

Clocked 400 + miles from the house/back today with detours and scouting and errors. I only had one dirt road route put in erroneously (Skyline Drive over Cheaha). I found a few good roads that could be great with a good surface, Wennetaska road and Cemetary Mountain road and a few that would be F*king fantastic with a good surface.

The area south of 20 and east of 65 gets a thumbs up. All roads pretty good with minimal stretches in between connections.

North of 20 and east of 65 needs some work. It is great back country scenery with a road worth riding here and there.

The area around Smith Lake is good But I need to tweek the route. We road from 7:30 this a.m. till 4 PM and headed for home from Jasper

We chased the rain this morn. While it did not rain on us, the roads were wet. Temps in the mid 40s to mid 50s

Cheaha at 9:30 covered in Fog. Really thick at times. I almost rode right past the store.

S6300148-1.jpg

The Scenic area around Oneonta

The covered Bridges of Bama

There is at least 1 more That I know of in that area, but not on todays route.

S6300159.jpg

S6300158.jpg

S6300152-1.jpg

S6300154.jpg

S6300161.jpg

I need to ride the western half now to see how that is.

Archived