IGNORED

Biketurkeyfest III Check In

Matts_12GS

Jack and I also just got back. Had a great ride up 19 and the Bartram Trail. Also just saw the Jag score; yeah!!

+1 thanks to Brian. Lunch and company was great.

Bill

Biketurkeyfest III enjoyed wonderful weather and a great turnout. I counted approx 40 folks and silver RT’s outnumbered all others!!! Sarasota, Tally, Tampa, Jax, Orlando, East Central Coast and many other areas were represented. Hats off to the Tallahassee crew for braving inclement weather at time of departure, not to mention a fairly long day in the saddle.

Here are some pics:

2063749996_ba1ecf0b37.jpg

2062957233_9b2109217e.jpg

St. Johns River Bridge

2062949867_7c32b455d0.jpg

2062953071_8079cbd056.jpg

2062958085_effe24bb1a.jpg

2063768356_ef58cbf2a9.jpg

the Tallman's look like they've gotten "over" the FSU/Gator game!

2062973413_4f9315bb12.jpg

Matt S's "come hither" look lmao.gif

2062972277_8d83f0af88.jpg

Some Tallahassee tough guys!!!

2063758946_8ad69515d3.jpg

Roadscholars's piercing blue eyes (and gray beard)

2063755504_9195168910.jpg

Mr and Mrs. Sturgis. What a happy couple, wonder why?

2062959103_d23af164ea.jpg

Knifemaker and I had a "Shoot-out"

2063748224_d450582332.jpg

Spreaking of Knifemaker...he rode the Harleyrig down that big hill without incident. Cable service still intact in Astor!! lmao.gif

2062947815_babb52ad03.jpg

best looking RT in the lot!!

2062975741_12edce17f1.jpg

Parting shot-Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day.

Got home in time to give my daughter a hug on her way back to college.

Great to meet you Brian and thanks for setting up

lunch. Also great to see everyone else. Posted some

picture on my smugmug web page. I guess the flash failed

on a couple of then. Oh well. blush.gif

Beth and I are home.

Thirty degree temperature swing each way so we had about 60 degrees of change today. tongue.gif

Enjoyed the ride with John, motorman, and Pete, PRC, even though I caused an hour delay in departure. dopeslap.gif

Still, 240 miles in a bit over xxx hours got us there at 11:45 and we were about the last to leave at 2 pm.

Beautiful setting, great company.

Thanks, Brian for setting it up, and all who braved the balmy weather to ride over. grin.gif

Beth was all smiles as we pulled into the garage. cool.gif

Looking forward to next year's event. thumbsup.gif

Rumor has it on the west side of the state. lurker.gif

I got home a while ago. Had to do some, mower, bike switching in the garage, for work tomorrow.

I had great ride. Great route, Tim.

Tim, Beth and Pete, thanks for being my wingman-woman. Enjoyed the "close" call with Mini Cooper and lost visor. The 8 point buck, that was taken out by a Chevy pick up, have pictures. Enjoyed thumbsup.gif See ya in Ceder Key.

Next year, BBQ at the Huckleberry BBQ???

Debbie and I are in...Couple of shots from today.

225422388-M.jpg

Lunch upstairs..

225422506-M.jpg

225422820-M.jpg

225422735-M.jpg

225422905-M.jpg

225422646-M.jpg

225423029-M.jpg

OK who played with the camera.....

225422573-M.jpg

225422094-M.jpg

225422307-M.jpg

Someones still messing with my camera........

225422174-M.jpg

Ok..The ride home the St. Johns River...

225423103-M.jpg

I got home a while ago. Had to do some, mower, bike switching in the garage, for work tomorrow.

I had great ride. Great route, Tim.

Tim, Beth and Pete, thanks for being my wingman-woman. Enjoyed the "close" call with Mini Cooper and lost visor. The 8 point buck, that was taken out by a Chevy pick up, have pictures. Enjoyed thumbsup.gif See ya in Ceder Key.

Next year, BBQ at the Huckleberry BBQ???

let's do Huckleberry's as a separate event.

Or else, let's do an "R" month run to Apalachicola for oysters!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifwave.giflurker.gif

Woooo Hooooo!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

why don't you two just go back to being our smiley face logo team!

Or else, let's do an "R" month run to Apalachicola for oysters!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifwave.giflurker.gif

Woooo Hooooo!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

why don't you two just go back to being our smiley face logo team!

You've done it now mister... His and hers avatars...

Matt,

Better do it whilst you can. frown.gif

Water thieves in Georgia are killing the industry.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/VIDEO/71125005

No good sons of... That's my water they're hoarding! lmao.gif

So, sounds like a good trip for the first weekend of the new year...

Anyone?

No can do, I'll be servicing the public that weekend, however sometime in Feb would also be primo...a great follow up to Cedar Key maybe??

Excellent point, I had forgotten about Cedar Key!

If you plan it, we will come!!

As for the BBQ joint, shoot, I may have to ride over there this weekend on the Harley... It's about due for a visit home to Gainesville... wave.gif Hi Brian...

Feb, sounds good to me. thumbsup.gif

i'm out for mid jan thur mid april....but i'm thinkin of maybe riding up on the last saturday in december. leave early, eat early and then head back on some different roads.

once i figure this out i'll post something. make it informal and if anyone else can make it then it would be great.

I'll ride 'bout anywhere for BBQ.

Bill

Shoot, there's a fantastic "new" old place just up the road from me....man you guys need to make up your minds, BBQ or "love" food!

Shoot, there's a fantastic "new" old place just up the road from me....man you guys need to make up your minds, BBQ or "love" food!

Say what?????? Why do we have to make up our minds? There are 52 weekends each year that must be filled with important tasks other than working on bikes (that is what working from home is for during the week).

I'll ride 'bout anywhere for BBQ.

Bill

Sounds good to me. I guess December is fine also.

if it were possible i'd rather do it in february as well. have to get my "trips" in before year end. don't change any plans on my part. i'll know shorlty about 12/29 and post something.

Brian,

If you go 12/29 I'll meet you for lunch. Fanning is only a couple hours for me. We may wind up driving if we bring my son along, but you never know!

90% sure i'm good for the 29th. i'll post something in ride planning in the near future. prolly leave fairly early from melbourne so i can get back early pm. may be an 11am lunch for me. you folks should plan on it anyway.

may be a good idea to call and make sure they're not closing for the holidays or anything.

Archived