IGNORED

Spring '08 Torrey

hopz

All you have to remember is:

The weekend before Memorial Day

The last full weekend in September.

(through 2012, after that - who knows?)

My calendar says weekend before Memorial day is 24 & 25 in 08.
I think what Bob meant to say was "the weekend before the 3 day Memorial Day weekend."

And bring libations for our camp host grin.gif

If I may, the "weekend before Memorial Day" is Sat/Sun of Memorial Day weekend, which would not be accurate.

Spring Torrey is on the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend, i.e. 9-10 days before Memorial Day.

May 16 thru May 18! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I asked this a few months back. You guys said that people start arriving early. I plan to arrive on Wednesday, May 14 and depart on Sunday the 18th.

Does that sound about right?

You may find a soul or two floating around on Wed. Certainly Killer should be there (he lives there) and I understand that he provides free beer on Wednesdays. About 25% arrive on Thursday with the rest on Friday.

However, don't let that dissuade you from arriving early. If you're making the trek from IL, then you want to have as much time as possible to see the area. Those of us who live a day away get to see it twice a year for the past 7 years. Take your time. See if Bob is available to give you some route/road ideas, and go see some of the most breathtaking scenery, twisties, and wide-open roads you'll ever find.

May 16 thru May 18! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I asked this a few months back. You guys said that people start arriving early. I plan to arrive on Wednesday, May 14 and depart on Sunday the 18th.

Does that sound about right?

Mrs. Whip and I will be there. We didn't get to talk much at J's. We'll make up for it in Torrey.

Whip

You may find a soul or two floating around on Wed. Certainly Killer should be there (he lives there)
Nope, very unlikely, I have to get a job and probably won't have any vacation, so I will arrive at my own house on Friday and leave Sunday, that sucks but I probably deserve it after 3 years of freedom. There will almost certainly be other people staying there the week before and after though.

Sorry about the confusion over the date - I think of 'Memorial Day' as a weekend, maybe it's a Brit thing.

You can always find the dates on The Counter

or my Torrey Lodging Page

Mrs. Whip and I will be there. We didn't get to talk much at J's. We'll make up for it in Torrey.

Whip

Hey Whip, I had hoped to catch up with you somewhere along the way and ride in together.

I'm leaving after work on Wednesday. If you are planning to arrive on Wednesday I think I'll have a little trouble catching up...unless I can average about 800 mph! eek.gif

155000820-M.jpg

I'm almost afraid to ask what this is...

A Torrey Volcano?? lurker.gif

No....the greatest presentation of ribs in the world.....they don't taste too bad either!!!!

thumbsup.gif

No....the greatest presentation of ribs in the world.....they don't taste too bad either!!!!
I think the ribs are their best dish, the ribs are great but it's the horseradish mashed potatoes inside that wrap that I really like.
I'll attend only if they build a decent place to get onion rings...

Steve

Will you actually stay long enough to eat them?? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Great! Looks like I'll have company.

You'll either have company or a group you'll want to stay a few tables away from at dinner and snicker quietly while you watch from afar. If I'm there early, I fit into both of those groups, depending on current conditions.dopeslap.gif

Archived