IGNORED

Windscreen model fit help needed

motoleo

Could you get a refund if it didn't fit?

AeroFlow have two models, one for 1100 and one for 1150. Others report that they fit exactly from one model to the other.

I'd like an Aeroflow for my 1150 but I can only ever find good used ones for 1100's.

Also interested in the answer...

Linz smile.gif

Could you get a refund if it didn't fit?

AeroFlow have two models, one for 1100 and one for 1150. Others report that they fit exactly from one model to the other.

I'd like an Aeroflow for my 1150 but I can only ever find good used ones for 1100's.

Also interested in the answer...

Linz smile.gif

I'm trying to avoid a return or fit problem up front before I actually buy the windscreen.

I know the holes line up and I believe the mounting brackets will work at least one way because I've switched screens with another rider on an 1100 on a trip. There is a difference between the 1100's and the 1150's with regard to how they mount and IIRC one having/requiring an extra hole between the other two (top and bottom). Mine was a Cee Bailey's and I think his was a stock 1100 screen, but I believe all the after market ones have the extra holes in the middle, so as long the hole is there (if in fact it is needed on the 1100) then you should be good to go. cool.gif

The one I'm looking to buy is a stock windscreen and I am going to use it in the summer to replace my original windscreen that has a plastic film on it that is flaking off.

I have a Cee Bailey's that is wider and taller that I use for the colder months.

Al Navecky Jr
I have a 1999 R1100RT and I'm looking at buying a windscreen from a 2004 R1150 RT.

Will the 04 windscreen fit my 99?

NO IT WILL NOT FIT!! I tried a 04 Cee Bailey on my 00 and the mounting hole are about 1/4 too wide. Called Cee Bailey and they said it would not fit.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I have a 1999 R1100RT and I'm looking at buying a windscreen from a 2004 R1150 RT.

NO IT WILL NOT FIT!! I tried a 04 Cee Bailey on my 00 and the mounting hole are about 1/4 too wide. Called Cee Bailey and they said it would not fit.

Are all 1150RT's the same, or did they make a dimensional change somewhere between the first and last model years? I bought a used windscreen many years ago that fit my 1100RT; the seller owned an '02 1150RT, although I'm not certain whether the windscreen came from his bike or not. confused.gif

Al Navecky Jr

Are all 1150RT's the same, or did they make a dimensional change somewhere between the first and last model years? I bought a used windscreen many years ago that fit my 1100RT; the seller owned an '02 1150RT, although I'm not certain whether the windscreen came from his bike or not. confused.gif

It is ONLY the 2004 1150RT and up that is different. Cee Bailey's web list for 1996 - 2003 and 2004 - UP.

Archived